Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for the tremendous response!  The first batch went much faster than anticipated, we were expecting that batch to last 2-3 months and they lasted 2 weeks.  The second batch is at the coaters now, but it will be 4-6 weeks before they get back, we're hoping to get them expedited.  Next batch of castings are on order from the foundry, we're working on our logistics to keep the supply stable on this product in the future.  Thank you for your patience, I'll post when the next batch comes back from the coater.

Thanks,

Jesse
View Quote

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I know I would rather wait a couple more weeks and have a top notch product then something that was hurried out the door to meet orders and done poorly because of it

I know I can wait to have my back order for one of these stocks filled
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The first batch went much faster than anticipated, we were expecting that batch to last 2-3 months and they lasted 2 weeks.  

View Quote
Good. You deserve it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
if you make clone correct parts, the world will beat a path to your door.
They look fantastic.
I need the spanner nut more than anything, but I'm probably going to use the whole thing.
Eagerly awaiting the one I backordered.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for the tremendous response!  The first batch went much faster than anticipated, we were expecting that batch to last 2-3 months and they lasted 2 weeks.
View Quote
You're welcome, Jesse.  Glad that I could help.

May I have a discount?
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're welcome, Jesse.  Glad that I could help.

May I have a discount?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The stocks I received were absolutely phenomenal!
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my back ordered stock in the mail.
Comparing the stock to the one I got from Essential arms awhile back, it's identical except for the finish.
The Doublestar stock is much smother and has no air bubbles in it, the one from Essential has many air bubbles.
Great Job
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Received mine yesterday. Finish looks like the original ones.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the support and if there is another product you want to see, shoot me a message and we'll look at the possibility.
View Quote
I need a few lightweight 12.5" Government .625 journal XM177-ish barrels in 1x9 or slower twist that would be suitable for an M203 receiver mount host.  With A1 style FSB and triangle end cap, fully assembled, ready to drop onto a carry handle upper.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah thanks.  Has to be 12.5" to mount a receiver mount M203 for my purposes, though.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the support and if there is another product you want to see, shoot me a message and we'll look at the possibility.

View Quote
Would a quality, nicely finished C7 upper that I can actually go online and order when I want to be out of the question?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Would a quality, nicely finished C7 upper that I can actually go online and order when I want to be out of the question?
View Quote

I'm in the market for one as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The stocks I received were absolutely phenomenal!
View Quote
Awesome, hopefully this means mine will be shipping soon as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't currently have a good line on those C-7 uppers.  

Jesse
View Quote

Luth-AR makes them, might be worth a shot to reach out to him and see if you can pick up some in bulk.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for the tremendous response!  The first batch went much faster than anticipated, we were expecting that batch to last 2-3 months and they lasted 2 weeks.  The second batch is at the coaters now, but it will be 4-6 weeks before they get back, we're hoping to get them expedited.  Next batch of castings are on order from the foundry, we're working on our logistics to keep the supply stable on this product in the future.  Thank you for your patience, I'll post when the next batch comes back from the coater.

Thanks,

Jesse
View Quote

Looks like they are back in stock again.

https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-without-buffer-spring-a128
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I got mine in the mail today. Really nice
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Just checked and the stocks are sold out again. Back to Backorder status. the stock came in stock on web site around 22/23 Sept and lasted to 1/2 Oct.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#22]
My backorder was filled and received today, took about two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think that Luth-AR uses the same sub as we do on those.  The last batch we received from them were the slab side uppers, and they were quoted for 3 month delivery, but they showed up 16 months after the order was placed.  I've got several places that can run C-7's but finding forgings are tough right now.

Jesse
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification, I always thought companies got them from Luth-AR and they were actually machining them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks,

Jesse
View Quote

I don't remember how many weeks it was until I got mine, about a month at least, but it looked great. I finally had the correct stock for my quasi-E2 build! Got it installed, shouldered it, and damn if the thing would not lock in the extended position!! I tried another tube, and another stock, something was out of spec. I suspect the locking pin. Anyway, back it went with an RMA # and a couple weeks she came back all fixed. Works perfect and looks great. Tim was super to deal with and insisted I let them make it right. Now if they would just get some barrels in....
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The Aluminum CAR Buttstock are in stock again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Aluminum CAR Buttstock are in stock again.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Here you go.

https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-without-buffer-spring-a128

or with buffer & spring

https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-assembly-a127

and can be order thru the sister company J&T Distributing

https://jtdistributing.com/index.php/

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#29]
https://jtdistributing.com/index.php/retro.html

They have added a Retro section since I last visited their site.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Now all I need is a two position retro buffer tube/receiver extension
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

JB weld a 4/6 position tube

CD
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CD

Fortunately Boywonder777 on Gunbroker has some..along with a bunch of AUG parts and some other retro things
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top