Page / 18
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Double post delete please
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The heavier barrel will make your arms quiver and shake sooner offhand, and your lateral movement and engagement speed will be slowed down- a lot.

AR platform rifles are supposed to be light and agile. That's the whole point of using plastic and aluminum to build a rifle.

If you want to shoot benchrest, there are MUCH better options out there than a retro AR-10 type with iron sights and either a fat or skinny barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should make the rifle a better shooter, assuming same qualities as the other barrel, and can't really even be seen under the furniture with regards to display.
The heavier barrel will make your arms quiver and shake sooner offhand, and your lateral movement and engagement speed will be slowed down- a lot.

AR platform rifles are supposed to be light and agile. That's the whole point of using plastic and aluminum to build a rifle.

If you want to shoot benchrest, there are MUCH better options out there than a retro AR-10 type with iron sights and either a fat or skinny barrel.
Okay, that is the difference.  Retro rifles are fun guns for me.  If I want to be faster in competition shoot or for home defense,  I use a modern AR setup specifically for that mission.

For me, shooting a retro in a two or three gun is purely for fun.  Weight wise, I'm a big guy ( 6'3"), and the extra 11oz is just part of the fun.  I'm guessing when using the sling on the non freefloated barrel, or setting it against a barricade, the heavy barrel is a little stiffer.

If your hands quiver and shake, maybe you should shoot a lighter rifle, there are MUCH better choices then 20" barreled retro AR10. For me retro rifles are for fun.

Fyi, I also drive a m35a2(deuce and a half) and a M931A2(5 ton), for fun.  I drive my GMC 2500 99 percent of the time when AC and comfort are important.  Plus the deuce is fairly small for someone over 6',  I have to lean over to see around the windshield wiper motor on the driver side to see very far down the road, and letting out the clutch requires me to bring my knee up between the door and steering wheel.  This is fun for me, and holding up 11 more oz, doesn't even rate as a concern to me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if Brownell`s could convince ArmaLite to license the Pegasus logo for the mag well? That would be neat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's only 11 oz difference between the two models.
View Quote
That's 3/4's of a pound right at the end of the rifle, where it matters most.  Like handling an A2 rifle vs. an A1.

Molon has shown that a light barrel can be just as accurate as a heavier one.  The AR10 was invented to be lightweight and have a lightweight barrel.  Not sure when the heavier barrels came about, but the fluting I've seen in pictures of those is deeper than the shallow brownells fluting so those are likely lighter too.

To the big guy not worrying about a few ounces, he shouldn't worry about a little extra recoil from a platform that was ergonomically designed to minimize it from old style warhorse rifles like the M1 Garand and M14.

How would you feel if the AR15A1 clones came with HBARs?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have to lean over to see around the windshield wiper motor...
View Quote
OK, 6' Deuce... thanks for all that.

Everyone's arms will get tired hoisting, pointing, and running a clunky pig- that's the reason why Stoner invented the rifle we all know and love.

You played yo'self.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder if Brownell`s could convince ArmaLite to license the Pegasus logo for the mag well? That would be neat.
View Quote
Its not the Pegasus that you want (see below).  I had said earlier that I hope they put the Brownells markings on the front of the mag well like NoDak does with its prototype AR-15 lowers so we can put whatever markings we want but that didn't end up happening.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The brown furniture AR10, Sudanese model, had a light profile barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The brown furniture AR10, Sudanese model, had a light profile barrel.
Quoted:

That's 3/4's of a pound right at the end of the rifle, where it matters most.  Like handling an A2 rifle vs. an A1.

Molon has shown that a light barrel can be just as accurate as a heavier one.  The AR10 was invented to be lightweight and have a lightweight barrel.  Not sure when the heavier barrels came about, but the fluting I've seen in pictures of those is deeper than the shallow brownells fluting so those are likely lighter too.

To the big guy not worrying about a few ounces, he shouldn't worry about a little extra recoil from a platform that was ergonomically designed to minimize it from old style warhorse rifles like the M1 Garand and M14.

How would you feel if the AR15A1 clones came with HBARs?
Based on my understanding the lighter barrels came about during the transitional period and were on the Portuguese guns.  I'm pretty sure the earlier guns like the Sudanese, Cuban, Guatemalan, etc. all had the heavier barrel. Vickers does claim in "AR-15 Volume 1" that the Guatemalan has a lightweight profile barrel, but It is difficult to tell if this is referring to the entirety of the barrel, or just what you see out front, since these rifles had one piece handguards and it is difficult to see the profile behind the FSB.  Either way, both profiles are correct in the realm of Dutch manufactured AR-10s.  The Brownells version, if we want to get nitpicky, most closely resembles a transitional rifle and therefore I believe the lightweight profile would be "more" correct if you are trying to clone a rifle from that era, but I still think both are technically correct.  I opted for the heavier profile but I definitely still want the lightweight profile and the carbine as well.

EDIT:  Pictures always help.  They were 8lbs 6oz loaded even with what we're calling the "heavy" barrel

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:

Your search fu is weak, grasshopper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Hollywood and earlier Dutch AR10s had the super-fluted lightweight barrels and small bolt lugs.  Transitionals mostly had heavy barrels with small bolt lugs but there are outliers.  Portuguese AR10s has the heavy barrels with fat bolt lugs.

Only the first few Hollywood guns has aluminum barrels and Knight has told me that 1001, 1004, and 1005 still have their aluminum barrels.  Some folk are mistaken to believe that the Dutch AR10s also had aluminum barrels.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
BRN-10B first impressions…

Yow, that spring catch on the charging handle is pretty stiff, it'll take a bit of getting used to.  Better a bit stiff on a brand new gun, rather than too loose, eh?

The round handguard is slimmer than the triangular M16A1 or round A2.  I'd also forgotten how petite the original M16 pistol grip was; it seems like it was made for tiny baby hands.  I hope the proper BRN-10 pistol grip will be a bit more hand-filling.

Sight picture with those very tall protective walls (blinders!) on either side, and the stubby front sight post, will take a bit of getting used to.  Are those numbers on the rear sight adjustment supposed to correspond to actual ranges?  3-4-5-6-7-8 means 300 to 800 yards?  Or meters, even?  So…  It's not even intended to ever be zeroed at 100 yards?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hollywood and earlier Dutch AR10s had the super-fluted lightweight barrels and small bolt lugs.  Transitionals mostly had heavy barrels with small bolt lugs but there are outliers.  Portuguese AR10s has the heavy barrels with fat bolt lugs.

Only the first few Hollywood guns has aluminum barrels and Knight has told me that 1001, 1004, and 1005 still have their aluminum barrels.  Some folk are mistaken to believe that the Dutch AR10s also had aluminum barrels.
View Quote
Right, because 1002 had a little accident.
Attachment Attached File

But, referring to the Dutch guns, I thought the first 2-300 were roughly all the same, as they were being delivered for testing to different countries. And I thought the Porto is where the lightweight profile brownells is mimicking comes from:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But, referring to the Dutch guns, I thought the first 2-300 were roughly all the same, as they were being delivered for testing to different countries. And I thought the Porto is where the lightweight profile brownells is mimicking comes from:
View Quote
This is the handguard arrangement I would like to see reproduced.!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Based on my understanding the lighter barrels came about during the transitional period and were on the Portuguese guns.  I'm pretty sure the earlier guns like the Sudanese, Cuban, Guatemalan, etc. all had the heavier barrel. Vickers does claim in "AR-15 Volume 1" that the Guatemalan has a lightweight profile barrel, but It is difficult to tell if this is referring to the entirety of the barrel, or just what you see out front, since these rifles had one piece handguards and it is difficult to see the profile behind the FSB.  Either way, both profiles are correct in the realm of Dutch manufactured AR-10s.  The Brownells version, if we want to get nitpicky, most closely resembles a transitional rifle and therefore I believe the lightweight profile would be "more" correct if you are trying to clone a rifle from that era, but I still think both are technically correct.  I opted for the heavier profile but I definitely still want the lightweight profile and the carbine as well.

EDIT:  Pictures always help.  They were 8lbs 6oz loaded even with what we're calling the "heavy" barrel

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463351/AR-10_1-664008.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463351/AR-10-2-664009.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/463351/AR-10-3-664010.JPG
View Quote
Wow. A lot of drama over a "heavy" barrel. The retro firearm is only around three ounces heavier than an original.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow. A lot of drama over a "heavy" barrel. The retro firearm is only around three ounces heavier than an original.
View Quote
I’m not complaining. I bought the heavy barrel and don’t regret it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't mean you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't mean you.
View Quote
Gah shucks
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is the handguard arrangement I would like to see reproduced.!
View Quote
And yes please . Some of the more talented folk on here have done it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I said it before, I'll say it again, the 'heavy' barrel looks worse than it is. The rifle balances just fine with it and is not muzzle heavy. You only really notice the weight when the rifle is being held one handed or is pointing up or down. Even the thick part of the barrel tapers down in thickness from the chamber to the gas block. It really seems to be quite the well thought out piece. I do kind of wish the flutes were a it deeper, but I'm not going to throw a fit over it. Good enough is good enough. Let's also remember, back then light weight meant something slightly different than it does now. It meant light weight compared to the existing competition, not compared to things that had yet to be invented, we don't have crystal balls to see the future with. Heck, accuracy standards back then were a bit more relaxed than they are now, 2 MOA was generally considered excellent, 5 MOA was standard. The primary competitors of the time were things like the FAL, the G3, the prototypes that became the M-14, the STG-57, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I said it before, I'll say it again, the 'heavy' barrel looks worse than it is. The rifle balances just fine with it and is not muzzle heavy. You only really notice the weight when the rifle is being held one handed or is pointing up or down. Even the thick part of the barrel tapers down in thickness from the chamber to the gas block. It really seems to be quite the well thought out piece. I do kind of wish the flutes were a it deeper, but I'm not going to throw a fit over it. Good enough is good enough. Let's also remember, back then light weight meant something slightly different than it does now. It meant light weight compared to the existing competition, not compared to things that had yet to be invented, we don't have crystal balls to see the future with. Heck, accuracy standards back then were a bit more relaxed than they are now, 2 MOA was generally considered excellent, 5 MOA was standard. The primary competitors of the time were things like the FAL, the G3, the prototypes that became the M-14, the STG-57, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.
View Quote
M1 Garand over 9 pounds

Thompson SMG around 11 pounds
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#20]
My buddy's arrived today!

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
That is exactly the duo that I want in my safe. Soon...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#22]
What size allen wrench for the windage adjustment?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Re rear sight adjustment
3/32.  Ref 2:45 in link

https://youtu.be/dhGg74ByTbc
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Will someone perform a proper accuracy test on this thing, pretty, please!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, took my AR-10B clone out to the range today and it didn't go so well.  These are supposed to be test fired and roughly zero'd in, mine wasn't.  In fact, the windage was so far off, it wasn't even on paper.  I loosened up the windage screw and drifted the rear sight left to the point it was on paper, but still ~ 4 inches right at 100 yards.  Went to loosen the screw again when I found that there really isn't that much adjustment possible windage wise.  I thought maybe I hadn't unscrewed the screw enough, and in the process of trying to loosen it up more the screw totally came out.  Now I can't for the life of me get that damn screw back in, it will not thread back in for whatever reason.  It wasn't that the screw wasn't loose enough to adjust the sight, it's that there wasn't much adjustment possible to even get the rifle zero'd.

Very disappointing!

Also, I agree with the others that said the front sight post is waaay too short and stubby. Makes it hard to aim and align the sights, a stubby front sight post makes for a slow sight acquisition (part of the reason why I absolutely hate having F marked FSB's mated with carry handle uppers, have to crank the front sight post down way too much).

I thought this rifle would have a AR15 style adjustable front sight post, why did they make it integral to the base, and why make it so stubby?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Went shooting today, and your experience is similar to my....

My AR10B's rear sight can only have about 1/16" adjustment horizontally in either direction.
I only zero'ed it at 50 yards, and I was shooting 1" to the right when the sight is all the way to the left.

I have a feeling I need to dremel some material off the rear sight at its base, as that is what is blocking/limiting the horizontal adjustment.

@Brownells
Is there a fix for this planned?
Maybe a new rear sight with its base being thinner/less wide?

Any video showing how to disassemble the rear sight?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, took my AR-10B clone out to the range today and it didn't go so well.  These are supposed to be test fired and roughly zero'd in, mine wasn't.  In fact, the windage was so far off, it wasn't even on paper.  I loosened up the windage screw and drifted the rear sight left to the point it was on paper, but still ~ 4 inches right at 100 yards.  Went to loosen the screw again when I found that there really isn't that much adjustment possible windage wise.  I thought maybe I hadn't unscrewed the screw enough, and in the process of trying to loosen it up more the screw totally came out.  Now I can't for the life of me get that damn screw back in, it will not thread back in for whatever reason.  It wasn't that the screw wasn't loose enough to adjust the sight, it's that there wasn't much adjustment possible to even get the rifle zero'd.

Very disappointing!

Also, I agree with the others that said the front sight post is waaay too short and stubby. Makes it hard to aim and align the sights, a stubby front sight post makes for a slow sight acquisition (part of the reason why I absolutely hate having F marked FSB's mated with carry handle uppers, have to crank the front sight post down way too much).

I thought this rifle would have a AR15 style adjustable front sight post, why did they make it integral to the base, and why make it so stubby?
View Quote
Is your FSB canted?

Also, I agree that the front sight post looks too short. For reference, here's what it looks like on an original Sudanese:

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Interesting, this is the first I've heard about anyone having issues with accuracy/sighting in. It also just so happens that Dad and I took our 10A back out today after changing the angle of the three prong flash hider to better re-direct the muzzle blast and finally adding a heat shield to the bottom handguard (more on that in a moment). We did end up adjusting our windage after judging that it shot about an inch left at 25 yards. It took some fiddling with that little rear peep that wants to move too much when it's loose, but we got it nailed down to our satisfaction.
Now the heat shield. I had the idea back when it was first announced that these wouldn't have heat shields to make something out of an aluminum pop can. It took some experimentation, but what we ended up with works fairly well. We started with normal 12 oz. cans, but decided they were too short for our liking. We then switched to a massive 23 oz. can, rather ironically of the "Peace Tea" brand, ran it through a paper crimper to corrugate it and secured it with some 'putty' type epoxy. Only time will tell how well it will hold, but it's holding so far. The heat shield only covers the back half of the bottom handguard, up to the rear-most vent hole, but it provides enough coverage for your hand in a normal firing grip. It worked quite well today with the shielded portion of the handguard being cold to the touch, while the rest was pretty warm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is your FSB canted?

Also, I agree that the front sight post looks too short. For reference, here's what it looks like on an original Sudanese:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/ar10_2/ar10-7.jpg
View Quote
That front sight post looks way better, like a normal AR15.  Not sure what brownells was thinking to do that?

I can't tell if it's canted by eye balling it.  Brownells can figure it out when they send me an RMA to ship it back for evaluation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Interesting, this is the first I've heard about anyone having issues with accuracy/sighting in. It also just so happens that Dad and I took our 10A back out today after changing the angle of the three prong flash hider to better re-direct the muzzle blast and finally adding a heat shield to the bottom handguard (more on that in a moment). We did end up adjusting our windage after judging that it shot about an inch left at 25 yards. It took some fiddling with that little rear peep that wants to move too much when it's loose, but we got it nailed down to our satisfaction.
Now the heat shield. I had the idea back when it was first announced that these wouldn't have heat shields to make something out of an aluminum pop can. It took some experimentation, but what we ended up with works fairly well. We started with normal 12 oz. cans, but decided they were too short for our liking. We then switched to a massive 23 oz. can, rather ironically of the "Peace Tea" brand, ran it through a paper crimper to corrugate it and secured it with some 'putty' type epoxy. Only time will tell how well it will hold, but it's holding so far. The heat shield only covers the back half of the bottom handguard, up to the rear-most vent hole, but it provides enough coverage for your hand in a normal firing grip. It worked quite well today with the shielded portion of the handguard being cold to the touch, while the rest was pretty warm.
View Quote
I put aluminum reflective tape in the rear half of my FAL handguards for the same effect. Works very well at keeping the exterior gripping surface cool.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I put aluminum reflective tape in the rear half of my FAL handguards for the same effect. Works very well at keeping the exterior gripping surface cool.
View Quote
I just kind of liked the idea of having something resembling 'normal' heat shields. I figured out two things in the process, 1. I originally was thinking about doing top and bottom heat shields, but realized that the top was all that necessary and it wouldn't have been able to clear the gas tube without some extra work (like making it two pieces or cutting a slot) due to the small diameter of the handguards. 2. What really matters for heat shields is the reflective quality of them to reflect the radiant heat from the barrel, rather than insulation value of the air gap behind the heat shield. It was a (mostly) fun little project and I learned a few things from it, plus it gave me the excuse to get a 12 pack of root beer, as we hardly ever keep a supply of pop at home .

While I'm at it, I'll mention that the reason we corrugated the cans started out as mostly cosmetic, because I figured it would look cool whenever we took the handguards off, but I also realized it would stiffen up the aluminum sheet and possibly help with the insulating air gap under the heat shield (though as I mentioned, I also found out that it isn't that critical). Aside from on nasty looking edge where I had to trim it after the epoxy had already set, it does look pretty good and could almost be mistaken for being original if not for that bad edge (I'm garbage with scissors).
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Please contact Customer Service and we will get this addressed.

The original sight post we had was set for a 25 meter zero.  What this doesn't allow is for people that don't like a 25 meter zero to adjust.  Front sight posts moving forward are slightly higher, which will allow for better zero at distances like 50 or 100.

The front sight was machined integrally, as that is how the original rifles were.
View Quote
I think I need an RMA as well...
My 10B is shooting 1” to the right at 50 yards with the rear sight all the way to the left...

I don’t like how there’s only about 1/16” of adjustability in either left or right to the rear sight.

@Brownells
Is it possible to swap out my old FSB/FSP to the newer taller one you mentioned when I do the RMA?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, please PM your order number.
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The original sight post we had was set for a 25 meter zero.  What this doesn't allow is for people that don't like a 25 meter zero to adjust.  Front sight posts moving forward are slightly higher, which will allow for better zero at distances like 50 or 100.

The front sight was machined integrally, as that is how the original rifles were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very disappointing!

@brownells, I don't have a problem per say with a 300 meter zero, many of my rifles have similar zero's, or close to them.  My issue is that the front sight post is too low, which means that when you machined the front sight base, you machined the base too high.  It should have been machined so that the "shelf" where the post sits was lower, allowing for a taller front sight post, even with a 300 meter zero.  The visual difference between a 100 and 300 meter zero isn't THAT much for the post to be that stubby, the front sight base itself was made incorrectly.

The other question I have is that I thought these were advertised as having the barrel parkerized on the outside?  Mine was just nitrided and didn't have the exterior parkerizing coating that they were advertised to have.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Ahhh, interesting.  So it's the uppers that are out of specs vs. the front sight tower.  I know people have complained about the rear "wings" being too tall, didn't realize the AR10 had a different height for the rear sight though.

If you could machine the front sight tower so that the shelf the post is on is even a 1/8th of an inch lower, it would make a big difference in the length of the post itself.  That shouldn't be enough to alter the look of the FSB either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Portuguese paratroopers with the AR-10 during the Portuguese African campaigns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6wiRrJ7rY
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I was just checking the Brownells website and I saw something interesting. It looks like they have listings up for the handguards and a pre-order for the new version of the pistol grip. One thing that really caught my eye is that they have an option for green on the handguards, although they are currently unavailable in green, brown is backordered, but black is currently available. The pre-order for the pistol grip has some CAD produced images of what the new version will look like and it looks pretty good to me. I'm actually a bit surprised to see the handguards, even if only the black ones, up for sale already, I figured it would take longer given that the rifles seem to be selling, but then again it does seem that the black is a less popular color. I'm kind of interested in the green, as I've seen a few in pictures that were painted green and there is one optics cut rifle that was to be presented to a prince of the Netherlands, but he turned it down at the time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The barrels are...
View Quote
Can we get a light barrel with the prong FH and brown furniture?
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully Brownells will send the purchasers of the BRN10 rifles the promised grips before they start selling them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Called @brownells about the BRN-10B return, said that it might take a month or longer for the rifle to be fixed and sent back.  Asked for some sort of compensation for my inconvenience, a couple extra magazines, anything.  Was told that they refuse to do anything like that, even though I waited over 6 months, was charged the full amount (not a small fee either), sent a defective rifle, and now will have to wait an indeterminate amount of time longer to even get it back.    Not too happy about that, very disappointing that they won't even extend the smallest amount of courtesy to help make up for this issue.  I spoke to a supervisor and she made it seem like they were doing me a favor by sending me a pre paid shipping label so they can take back and repair their defective rifle that they sent.  

I wasn't the one who shipped out a defective product, and charged for it.  Again, with them selling ten packs of magazines for under $90 with coupon, you think they could throw a couple in as a sorry and thank you for dealing with their inconvenience.  Or at least extend some sort of courtesy.

Very disappointing!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Asked for some sort of compensation for my inconvenience, a couple extra magazines...
View Quote
LOLOLOLOL!!!!1!

You tried to shake down Brownell's??
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Recently sent in the BRN 10B as well.
They received it today.

I really hope the repair can be done sooner than 1 month....

Seriously though, I don't know how they can 'fix' the problem unless they redesign the rear sight to allow more than 1/32" adjustment for the windage...

As of now, I can't really recommend the gun to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Called @brownells about the BRN-10B return, said that it might take a month or longer for the rifle to be fixed and sent back.  Asked for some sort of compensation for my inconvenience, a couple extra magazines, anything.  Was told that they refuse to do anything like that, even though I waited over 6 months, was charged the full amount (not a small fee either), sent a defective rifle, and now will have to wait an indeterminate amount of time longer to even get it back.    Not too happy about that, very disappointing that they won't even extend the smallest amount of courtesy to help make up for this issue.  I spoke to a supervisor and she made it seem like they were doing me a favor by sending me a pre paid shipping label so they can take back and repair their defective rifle that they sent.  

I wasn't the one who shipped out a defective product, and charged for it.  Again, with them selling ten packs of magazines for under $90 with coupon, you think they could throw a couple in as a sorry and thank you for dealing with their inconvenience.  Or at least extend some sort of courtesy.

Very disappointing!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
^^^
View All Quotes
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We have to send the rifle back to the mfg to have the pin driven out and redrilled.  Shouldn't be too long, but it's not something we can do in-house.  We apologize for the trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recently sent in the BRN 10B as well.
They received it today.

I really hope the repair can be done sooner than 1 month....

Seriously though, I don't know how they can 'fix' the problem unless they redesign the rear sight to allow more than 1/32" adjustment for the windage...

As of now, I can't really recommend the gun to anyone.
We have to send the rifle back to the mfg to have the pin driven out and redrilled.  Shouldn't be too long, but it's not something we can do in-house.  We apologize for the trouble.
How do they ship something like that?
Page / 18
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top