Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2017 7:10:29 PM EDT
Does anyone have a source for the sling mount for the trap door style?  Will a a2 sling mount  and screw work? And is there a lot of different style of a1 buttstock?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure the A1 & A2 sling mount & screw are the same.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Sling mount the same, but I think the screws for the sling are different.  I think A1 is longer by about 3/4".
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Double.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the wtb section of the EE

Differences

Different length my friend

And there are like 5 types. A-e
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The swivels for the A1 and A2 are the same.

The A1 screws are longer.  Fulton has them for $3.95.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
There needs to be a thread of links for people to see a list of vendors that sell common parts.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#7]
That would be nice, but someone would have to maintain it.

I get the swivels from Brownells
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sling mount the same, but I think the screws for the sling are different.  I think A1 is longer by about 3/4".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is right. I forgot about the sling mount on the A1 being placed further forward on the stock than the A2.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I was mainly looking for info on differences between them but also maybe some online sellers that had them. Thanks for the info also.
I'm building a retro look alike I have a c7 upper I found a good deal on. I didn't want to pay for a a1 upper because of the prices of a original and brownells out of stock. Other than the c7 upper everything else is basically to spec of a m16a1. My uncle found a deal on a sp1, he traded a colt m&p sport II  for a near mint 68 sp1 and I couldn't believe how light and well it shot. Soo I had to have a vintage pencil barrel rifle.

Quoted:
Maybe the wtb section of the EE

Differences

Different length my friend

And there are like 5 types. A-e
View Quote
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top