Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:36:54 PM EDT
So in the past year, I sold 4 Grey Colt 604 uppers and 3 A1 uppers. Thought I was done. Then I bid the minimum on this C MP B barrel on Gunbroker and wound up with it. Oh what to do now. I have a grey NDS lower. I think I want a 604. I have two black 604 uppers. Darn. Wish I kept one of the grey ones. Guess I could use Norrells on one. But I think I might try to hold out for a Colt grey anodized one, whether it’s buy or trade. Why do I always regret selling stuff, even when I need the money.

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy, sell or trade, it's fun blowing money on these retro rifles. Always something you want or need to change to get that feeling right! I dig my 604. Good choice. But yeah, it's an addiction......
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think any 604s were made with a CMPB barrel; looks like you've got another A1 build
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think any 604s were made with a CMPB barrel; looks like you've got another A1 build
View Quote
I like slicksides. I’ll just call it an Air Force Rifle...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I like slicksides. I’ll just call it an Air Force Rifle...
View Quote
The Air Force did us retro heads a serious favor with their parts mixmasters
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I know exactly how you feel. I have a grey Sp1 upper and black Brownells 1/7 barrel and black Brownells lower  and for the life of me I can’t find anymore black 604 uppers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you mind revealing that minimum price? .... I just bought a CMP B barrel, and I want to feel the burn.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you mind revealing that minimum price? .... I just bought a CMP B barrel, and I want to feel the burn.
View Quote
It was $250
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know exactly how you feel. I have a grey Sp1 upper and black Brownells 1/7 barrel and black Brownells lower  and for the life of me I can’t find anymore black 604 uppers.
View Quote
Geez. I’d offer to swap except I’m kinda holding out for a 604 Vice SP1, at least for now...
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought the sp1 upper several years ago (before I discovered the retro tab and matured) and was going to dremel it into a 601 upper. But stoped myself several times. Mutilation it would be.

Brownells started selling slick side BCG. Do you think there going to start selling Slickside uppers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought the sp1 upper several years ago (before I discovered the retro tab and matured) and was going to dremel it into a 601 upper. But stoped myself several times. Mutilation it would be.

Brownells started selling slick side BCG. Do you think there going to start selling Slickside uppers.
View Quote
Someone on here said they were going to...still, I’d rather have an SP1 than a Brownells one with NDS forge codes...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Well...if it'd help with your dilemma...I could buy that barrel assy off your hands...dooh!

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well...if it'd help with your dilemma...I could buy that barrel assy off your hands...dooh!

View Quote
Hahaha.

Found someone to swap uppers...got this one coming:

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!  Look forward to seeing the progress and finished build.

Well done!  ??
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top