Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2017 6:06:08 AM EDT
Do they or do they not have Colt proof marks by the ejection port door?

Trying to help someone on another pages ID a C7 receiver, but I am unsure about the proof marks. The receiver in question has a Anchor Harvey forge mark under the rear sight & is black in color.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Deleted. Dupe.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a Colt C7 type upper I have.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Colt/Anchor Harvey forge code uppers were used on commercial ARs such as the AR6320 Police Patrol Carbine. Here is the one I have.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, that upper doesn’t have the R beside the windage drum, just like Canadian C7s but only C H uppers were used by Canada as well as various Diemaco.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Like Leg said the first C7 for the SARP program had CH markings, followed by CH with a Devek stamped in the middle, last ones used were Canadian Triple Nested W Waltech forgings. Anything that has the proof marks by the port door are Colt factory.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top