Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:41:20 AM EDT
I was under the impression that they both sold the same handguards, but apoarently that is not so. At the creek I had the opportunity to see The triangle handguards offered by both concerns, and the Tony's Customs handguards seemed to be better built and stronger.  Tony would grab one of his hand guards and strike the edge of a table with it (quite forcibly) with no affect to the hand guard.  Has anyone else compared the two?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I never knew that there was another reproduction A1 handguard out there.

I assumed that Brownells was the only place making retro furniture.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw some reproductions there but, I didn't know who made what. I just assumed they were all from Brownells.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a set of new replica A1 handguards from J&T Distributing for $40.00. I also have a Brownells set. The newer set may be the same as the ones Tony was selling.

The new handguards are much sturdier and have little fingers inside to help keep the two sides lined up. They also do not have the flashing sticking up from the molds like the Brownells handguards do. The only problem is the new handguards are a little longer than the real deal and the Brownells. I have not been able to get them into the slip ring. I plan on taping them together and seeing if I can sand a little off of the big end to shorten them a little. As far as looks go, the Brownells look more like the real ones. This new set is not as smooth and the heat shield is definitely different.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top