Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:46:05 PM EDT
I have this upper with no markings at all on the receiver. The barrel, front sight post, and bcg are all colt. The barrel is marked c mp b. The front of the receiver does not have any flash. Value?

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe H&R or GM.  I suck on the non-colts.  If it is either, I would say $700-$800, as they are scarcer than others.  It could also be a PWA or SGW A1 upper with a GI barrel.  I don't remember what forge codes they used.  Hopefully the smarter than me people here will chime in.

BTW, that screams for a NDS black anodized A1/603 lower!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking H&R or GM. I've tried to research it the best I can, but still unsure. Thanks for your response.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello, thanks for posting this.  I don't think we know everything about the non-Colt uppers so every chance to see pictures of more examples helps.  Some questions:

If there is no forging flash on the front, are there tool marks that run from side to side?
Is there a small circular depression with a raised number cast in the back of the forward assist?
For the BCG, "C" stamped on the left side?  Any markings on the bolt?  (MP marked bolts have many variations, pictures help)
Does the charging handle have a row (sometimes 2 rows) of square depressions in the back?  Many have a small flat spot pressed / ground in the right side "T".

Thanks for posting, more pictures would be nice to see.  One other thing to pay attention to, are there any signs of paint chipping?  Some parts were painted / refurbished and you can sometimes see chips / wear areas where parts contact each other.

Quoted:
I have this upper with no markings at all on the receiver. The barrel, front sight post, and bcg are all colt. The barrel is marked c mp b. The front of the receiver does not have any flash. Value?
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-SqWFWrb/0/d9f95e6d/X3/IMG_0500-X3.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-vSLXGx5/0/0e1aa2f1/X3/IMG_0499-X3.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#4]
There are tool marks going side to side on the front.
Didn't see anything on the forward assist.
The bolt carrier has the C on the left side and bolt is marked MPC.
Didn't see anything on the charging handle like you described.

The only thing that appears to be painted is the charging handle. It's black.

What would you like pics of? Will try to get more pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe H&R or GM.  I suck on the non-colts.  If it is either, I would say $700-$800, as they are scarcer than others.  It could also be a PWA or SGW A1 upper with a GI barrel.  I don't remember what forge codes they used.  Hopefully the smarter than me people here will chime in.

BTW, that screams for a NDS black anodized A1/603 lower!
View Quote
aren't stripped parts kits (minus the barrel) getting close to this in price? used sp1 barrels are going for more than $200 anytime i see them anymore.

i miss $400 complete 603 "upper halves".
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up selling it to a dealer today at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot for 700.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ended up selling it to a dealer today at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot for 700.
View Quote
You probably did OK.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
GM upper with a Colt barrel.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GM upper with a Colt barrel.
View Quote
Yep!!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top