Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2017 11:41:15 PM EDT
I'm looking for a source for a couple of slings that would be correct for a transitional (1967 or so) XM16 E1 and a later (70s) M16A1. Not sure just what I would need or who might stock them.
Thanks.

Edit:  I think I found the answer on my own. Garland/M14 slings made out of a brownish/green nylon seatbelt type material. I found some for sale on eBay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You would want a cotton canvas for the XM and the seatbelt for the other I believe. Folks more knowledgeable than me will be a long. A lot of knowledge on this forum
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You can also use the M14 nylon OD sling for both clones. What-A-Country has used original M14 slings that range anywhere from a brownish-green color to green. I like the browner looking ones for older clones.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
For anything representing pre 1969 you want a cotton canvas M1 sling for the XM16E1. (remember the M1 nomenclature does not indicate M1 Garand, it just happens to be the nomenclature for that version sling)

The 1st contract for the seatbelt nylon sling was 1969 per Bill Ricca. It is also an "M1" sling, but made from nylon. Perfect for your later build.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For anything representing pre 1969 you want a cotton canvas M1 sling for the XM16E1. (remember the M1 nomenclature does not indicate M1 Garand, it just happens to be the nomenclature for that version sling)

The 1st contract for the seatbelt nylon sling was 1969 per Bill Ricca. It is also an "M1" sling, but made from nylon. Perfect for your later build.
View Quote
Like this one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all for the info. I ordered the slings thru What A Country.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top