A well worn A1 upper missing dust cover

A clean complete A1 upper

A BLEM NoDak upper, unused.
https://i.imgur.com/J4IFXJc.jpg

A DK C7, complete.

And two splintered A complete C7's
https://i.imgur.com/KOzSpB8.jpg
View Quote
If that's a no-forge code round forge A1 Upper in the middle, one just sold for about $260.  Not too sure about the rest of the uppers though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:24:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M16indiana] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AmericanSheepDog:

I think these are sitting at right about $185
View Quote
Ouch, I just used up my last three large pad first model dust covers in builds today.  I hope I don't need any more.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone seen a cast FSB MVP12 barrel sell lately and what it went for?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Has anyone seen a cast FSB MVP12 barrel sell lately and what it went for?
View Quote
Two years ago I picked one up but it was attached to a very, very early 604 upper and paid $1200
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Is a GM bolt catch worth 50$ ?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know the going rate for a Stoner 63 belt box? Green one, I think a 200 round box?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Deathbunny17:
View Quote
I've done a GM build. I personally think $50 is too high and think $35 to $40 tops is right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
I've done a GM build. I personally think $50 is too high and think $35 to $40 tops is right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
Originally Posted By Deathbunny17:
Thank I ll keep looking
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Garandboy:
Completed prototype FSB's
https://i.imgur.com/xKfH4Sv.jpg
View Quote
Sold my 3 spares recently for $235 shipped each, took a little while though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Looking for appraisals on the above items. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 6:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mygrainman] [#15]
Don’t know if I’m going to sell this or build an M16A1 clone, but I might as well explore my options...

I’m told the upper is GM, but the barrel is unknown.  I have a teardrop FA that I can put on in place of the large diameter round of it helps value.    Bbl. is 11.5” chrome bore1/12 twist with a pin and welded faux moderator no Idea of the maker, it has been sprayed at some point and any roll marks filled in.
I would like the value of the bbl, and the upper, as they are not staying together.  I like to shoot my guns, and a 1/12 might be historically correct, but it ain’t great for stability.  It does do fine with 55gs though...Thanks for your help!

Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGunEnthusiast] [#16]
Originally Posted By Mygrainman:
Don’t know if I’m going to sell this or build an M16A1 clone, but I might as well explore my options...

I’m told the upper is GM, but the barrel is unknown.  I have a teardrop FA that I can put on in place of the large diameter round of it helps value.    Bbl. is 11.5” chrome bore1/12 twist with a pin and welded faux moderator no Idea of the maker, it has been sprayed at some point and any roll marks filled in.
I would like the value of the bbl, and the upper, as they are not staying together.  I like to shoot my guns, and a 1/12 might be historically correct, but it ain’t great for stability.  It does do fine with 55gs though...Thanks for your help!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/mcaw4k2u/
View Quote
Complete A1 Upper Receiver:
Taking into consideration that it may and appears to be a somewhat desirable H&R or GM, that it has a correct and original A1 ejection port door, has the rear sight assembly, but it has a very poor paint/coating that will need to be removed, and if you were to install (or include) the teardrop forward assist, I would value the complete A1 upper receiver in the $245-$325 price range.

Complete Barrel Assembly:
Taking into consideration the lack of knowledge about the barrel manufacture, the bad and poorly installed faux moderator, the screw on front sight base, again it has a paint/coating that needs to be removed, a flat slip ring (unfortunately again painted/coated), but it is potentially a good length and twist rate for a shorter barrel retro build, I would value the complete barrel in the $80-$110 price range.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I think Thegunenthusiast is spot on with value estimates from what I have seen on both the EE and Gun Broker lately.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JoeBud:
Spotted a FNMI Chrome Bore marked 20" barrel at a buddies house. What is the ballpark rate on these?
View Quote
This guy was never answered.... I am curious as well.  My cousin has one that I just might pick up.
I recall it being a 1/7 twist, and is on a Colt A2 upper.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:32:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AA4ME33] [#19]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texascbr] [#20]
I found this Colt AR15 Model 614 locally and very interested in purchasing. The price is a bit above my budget of 23k for a full auto receiver so need some input. The last M16 I purchased was a disaster (worn out Olympic conversion) and had to go to M60Joe for repair and I like that this should be good from the start. The fellow is not budging on price but the rifle does look nice. I don't know what to consider for it being original and how that reflects in the value. I would normally not be in the market for one like this but as it is nearby and easy so I'm suddenly tempted.

Anything I need to look for when verifying originality? Is this a fair price for the rifle listed? Am I going to kill the value if I remove all the original parts and use it as an occasional shooter with a new upper, stock, FCG, and grip?

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9834-colt-m16-fully-transferable/

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By texascbr:
I found this Colt AR15 Model 614 locally and very interested in purchasing. The price is a bit above my budget of 23k for a full auto receiver so need some input. The last M16 I purchased was a disaster (worn out Olympic conversion) and had to go to M60Joe for repair and I like that this should be good from the start. The fellow is not budging on price but the rifle does look nice. I don't know what to consider for it being original and how that reflects in the value. I would normally not be in the market for one like this but as it is nearby and easy so I'm suddenly tempted.

Anything I need to look for when verifying originality? Is this a fair price for the rifle listed? Am I going to kill the value if I remove all the original parts and use it as an occasional shooter with a new upper, stock, FCG, and grip?

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9834-colt-m16-fully-transferable/

Thanks,
Chris
View Quote
Seems like a good deal for a class 3 lower. Offer $20,000 and get a great deal! I believe they are in the $25,000 range or a little over right now. Keep the orI final parts and use the lower. Not a rare item so parts are available if something breaks
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like one of the non-Colt (GM / H&R) upper receivers.  It will be interesting to know if there is forging flash on the front arc of the carry handle.  The receiver looks rough finish under the paint, if it was bead / sand blasted it is really going to hurt the value.  The barrel looks like pre-ban era, I've seen Oly barrels with FSBs installed like that.

Originally Posted By Mygrainman:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/mcaw4k2u/
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know much about that model or when that rifle would have been assembled, but it looks pretty nice.  What is interesting is it is a full fence lower and the bolt catch boss is rounded like older receivers.  I'm guessing this is a 1967 or 1968-ish manufacture?  The upper is square forge where a rifle with a full fence lower should probably have come with a round forge upper receiver.  I don't follow prices on these, but if that is a "normal" price this is probably as good as it gets.  I think I know what you are saying about preserving the upper, I wouldn't even bother shooting it with that upper and just assemble a gray retro clone using NDS / Brownells parts.  (or swap out the upper for something more modern)  Since the lower is in such nice condition I wouldn't do anything to permanently alter it or paint it.  Fanatics will say don't remove the grip because if it is original it will only have one set of star washer marks on it.

Originally Posted By texascbr:

Thanks,
Chris
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#24]
hello everyone,i have a colt pm a1 upper and was wondering if they are in line value-wise of the regular colts?If not are the more or less sought after being from my looking around they seem more rare.

Link Posted: 5/13/2018 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cz75b9mm:
hello everyone,i have a colt pm a1 upper and was wondering if they are in line value-wise of the regular colts?If not are the more or less sought after being from my looking around they seem more rare.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67336620@N05/41999531802/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67336620@N05/41999532242/in/dateposted-public/
View Quote
I would say they are less desirable, but not by much. Obviously, Colt marked stuff is what people want, but pretty much any A1 upper will hold value if it's anodizing is good, no huge marks, and if the anodizing is in XM grey. If you have that, you can pretty much price it at Colt level. (You're upper looks like it has all of it)
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGunEnthusiast] [#26]
Originally Posted By endermend:
I would say they are less desirable, but not by much. Obviously, Colt marked stuff is what people want, but pretty much any A1 upper will hold value if it's anodizing is good, no huge marks, and if the anodizing is in XM grey. If you have that, you can pretty much price it at Colt level. (You're upper looks like it has all of it)
View All Quotes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67336620@N05/41999531802/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67336620@N05/41999532242/in/dateposted-public/
It is a little tough to tell the exact coloring by the pictures since it appears they were taken with the flash on but most "PM" upper receivers were more black or dark charcoal gray as opposed to a Colt upper in XM gray.  Not to say it couldn't have been redone at some point but the majority are closer to black.  Generally they hold about a 75-80% value of a Colt "CH" upper receiver.  They were slightly higher in value a few months back before the  Brownells upper receivers were more readily available again but since the "PM" uppers were typically USGI replacements they don't hold there value quite as well as an original Colt.

Price estimate with rear sight: $170-$220

Note: Not having an A1 ejection port door and teardrop forward assist does not take away from the upper receiver itself but if it did have them it would certainly raise the value a bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheGunEnthusiast:

It is a little tough to tell the exact coloring by the pictures since it appears they were taken with the flash on but most "PM" upper receivers were more black or dark charcoal gray as opposed to a Colt upper in XM gray.  Not to say it couldn't have been redone at some point but the majority are closer to black.  Generally they hold about a 75-80% value of a Colt "CH" upper receiver.  They were slightly higher in value a few months back before the  Brownells upper receivers were more readily available again but since the "PM" uppers were typically USGI replacements they don't hold there value quite as well as an original Colt.

Price estimate with rear sight: $170-$220
View Quote
He told me it was black I estimated 150-200$ so that area would be a good estimate.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Pictures in a few, but are these good deals? Looking at buying from a friend of a friend.

Used (PD Trade in) SP1 20inch SN: SP46XXX
$1250

Used (PD Trade in) SP1 16inch SN: SP119XXX
-Needs flashhider, A1 grip, bolt replaced to be correct
$1400
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Trunkmonkey4:
Pictures in a few, but are these good deals? Looking at buying from a friend of a friend.

Used (PD Trade in) SP1 20inch SN: SP46XXX
$1250

Used (PD Trade in) SP1 16inch SN: SP119XXX
-Needs flashhider, A1 grip, bolt replaced to be correct
$1400
View Quote
I wouldn't say those are good deals at all. Average and maybe on the high side for the carbine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aephilli] [#30]
185$???? are you serious? if so, i may have you a "buy one, get one half off" deal

i need to sell my old stuff and buy some new toys at that rate.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#31]
i do know i got some kind of carry handle upper, but it must be a defect because there is no gas tube hole in front......
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By aephilli:
i do know i got some kind of carry handle upper, but it must be a defect because there is no gas tube hole in front......
View Quote
Do you have any pictures? It might be a 9mm upper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
I'm pretty sure it is, the guy I got it from had put flat top uppers on all his older stuff, including the 9mm.
what angles you want in the pics? (and where do i find the info on what to look for that people want? I've got some small parts he replaced with "improved & updated" stuff)
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm pretty sure it is, the guy I got it from had put flat top uppers on all his older stuff, including the 9mm.
what angles you want in the pics? (and where do i find the info on what to look for that people want? I've got some small parts he replaced with "improved & updated" stuff)
View Quote
Pics of both sides and then specifically these areas.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aephilli] [#37]
" />

well, dang, what am i doing wrong?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aephilli] [#38]
see, they forgot to make the gas tube hole

https://imgur.com/T6xQeLg

so, what is it and what is it worth? and how much is one just like it but with the gas tube hole and bolt cam pin cut?

https://imgur.com/B69jxnZ

ETA: dang things are also messed up at the pivot pin, they have way too much play at the front when installed  
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:23:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aephilli] [#39]
some of the prices i've seen here, i'm gonna hafta put my SGW pre ban frankengun up for sale, C MP CHROME BORE pencil barrel and all  
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:28:53 AM EDT
[#40]
some of the prices i've seen here, i'm gonna hafta put my SGW pre ban frankengun up for sale, C MP CHROME BORE pencil barrel and all  
View Quote
For that A1 Upper, check if the front pivot pin is .25". Try putting it on a standard modern lower, or try putting a 1/4" drill bit through it. To me it looks like a standard 9mm upper with a large pivot pin. I'd say $150 area.

Post pics of that SGW upper.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 8:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aephilli] [#41]
definitely large front hole, on both of them. So 150ish for the 9mm? About same or less for the one with gas tube hole?

and what makes the ejection port doors worth 185? the 3 i have look the same (angled not round detent housing and low striking pad on outside)
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#42]
https://imgur.com/a/zWXjLSM

SGW Olympic Arms

assembled by local gunsmith pre-94 ban "man i miss my SP1, you got enuff stuff laying around to throw something similar together?"
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#43]
see the door on this one

https://imgur.com/a/kq4Z0oZ

"it's OK, it is a pistol, see, says so right there"
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#44]

and what makes the ejection port doors worth 185? the 3 i have look the same (angled not round detent housing and low striking pad on outside)
View Quote
I think i see a difference, is that a pin holding the detent ball housing on the one from a 601? that is the 170$ extra maybe.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 5:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RackGrade] [#45]
Delete
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 5:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RackGrade] [#46]
Delete
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Very Cool Appraisal Thread.

So, I sam sitting on an old M601 kit for something like 20 years.  Excellent (to new) condition on all accounts, save for the mottling you see on HGs, buttstock and grips of the day.   The kits that came from the original Air Force issue rifles.

All the parts there like when I got them, I think from a Shotgun News ad wayyyyyyyyback when.

Also have a preban (if that has any meaning anymore) matching gray SP1 lower receiver, and I always intended to put it all together and make an awesome and authentic toy.  Never happened.

Well, whadya think value is here, these days since these haven't been around in quite awhile?  Probably best as a package, i would guess
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Hello.  I don't pay attention to 601 prices, but those that do will need to see pictures in order to give you an accurate appraisal.  (Your kit sounds cool, I'd love to see pics)

Originally Posted By RackGrade:
Very Cool Appraisal Thread.

So, I sam sitting on an old M601 kit for something like 20 years.  Excellent (to new) condition on all accounts, save for the mottling you see on HGs, buttstock and grips of the day.   The kits that came from the original Air Force issue rifles.

All the parts there like when I got them, I think from a Shotgun News ad wayyyyyyyyback when.

Also have a preban (if that has any meaning anymore) matching gray SP1 lower receiver, and I always intended to put it all together and make an awesome and authentic toy.  Never happened.

Well, whadya think value is here, these days since these haven't been around in quite awhile?  Probably best as a package, i would guess
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#49]
websites are all over the place on these so decided to come here and get a better idea.
if possible would like to know if this is a late a1 or a2 stock and guess on price please.

Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#50]
websites are all over the place on these so decided to come here and get a better idea.
if possible would like to know if this is a late a1 or a2 stock and guess on price please.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1731/28871264608_6930054cfc_b.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1748/27875612067_9b1c6283cc_b.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/888/28871266928_4d8ca2a653_b.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1748/28871267828_16790a734d_b.jpg
View Quote
Maybe 30-60$
IIRC, good condition stocks usually go for 75-100, but yours is a beat up mil surp stock. I mean it has some nice character, but again most people won't pay for character.

I would try cleaning it up before trying to sell it. Don't remove the rack number, just wash it down, remove rust where possible...
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top