Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 2:45:59 PM EDT
Do you guys think that the parts kits that are currently on the market came from U.S. Property marked 603's, or export 613's?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably export, Reimported because if they were already here the barrels would not have to be destroyed.
I thought any rifles impoted in that were not of sporting use could not have the barrels and maybe that is why they are not included.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Probably export, Reimported because if they were already here the barrels would not have to be destroyed.
I thought any rifles impoted in that were not of sporting use could not have the barrels and maybe that is why they are not included.

They could have been U.S. Property marked M16's that were given to an ally country.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard folks talk of Israel and South America as possible sources in past threads.  
I too would like to know.

At least they're coming in and that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've heard folks talk of Israel and South America as possible sources in past threads.  
I too would like to know.

At least they're coming in and that's a good thing.

I don't necessarily want to know the place (though that would be nice), I just want to know whether they came from 603's or 613's.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
got mine from apex. looks unfired. barrel needs notching. anyone ever drilled/tapped/loctite in a set pin? rather than taper?
the taper pins would seem to exert uneven pressure on barrel.
also best bipod that will attach to bayo lug? or GI clamp on best?
barrel extension has early greenish parking as does full open birdcage and lock washer.
upper C H marked, teardrop FA, no brass deflector.
serial number 9,510,xxx (yellow tag attached to FSG with green string  tied to roll pins)
slapped together easy. were selling as came in. friend got one last week, identical.
all colt right as rain.
anyone magnaported a barrel front on an ar15?
thanx, tom, tubeaudio

p.s. FA parts thruout, no disconnector, so gonna be sure lower has extra aluminum left in to prevent autosear install, even if third hole was drilled.
read somewhere 5000 imported, multiple retailers but seem to be going as fast as retailers get them. soon will be gone.
just knowing parts are colt makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a serial # tag from these kits, you may get some info from Ekie's Serial # guide tacked at the top opf this forum
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top