Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:00:38 AM EDT
I acquired a Brand New Vietnam era M7 bayonet for my A1 build, but now I am having a hell of a time finding a correct M8A1 scabbard to go with it.  I got a very sweet deal on the bayonet by itself in the wrapping, but finding just a scabbard in new or at least excellent condition is proving to be a challenge.

Does anyone know of a reliable source for these?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Just did a search on GB under M8A1 and found 1 page of scabbards and bayonets
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the ones for sale are repros claimed to be USGI or are in worse shape than described. If it looks like fiberglass, then it's probably real. If it looks like plastic, then it's probably fake. The earlier ones (maybe 1960 and earlier?) didn't have the end cap.
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Charley's Surplus.  I just spoke with him yesterday.  I believe he has them NIB from Nam era.
They may not be listed on the Website

http://www.charleyssurplus.com/
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Check e-bay. Couple of sellers always have them. Figure at least $10 plus shipping.  PWH are letters on my Conetta  US M8A1, TWB on my BOC, and VP CO on my Imperial and Milpar. These should all be VN era scabbards. The PWH and TWB have metal at bottom and VP CO is all fiberglass. There was a seller on e-bay last week with the Colt unmarked mfg scabbards only  in Colt krinklish green finish. Search US bayonets on e-bay. Think they were buy it now for $19.95 and he had at least two for sale.
Dave
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
That Omaha's one looks like what I needed.  Next time I buy the bayonet AND the scabbard together....
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top