Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 10:45:52 PM EDT
retro toy AR not mine but thought someone mite like to see it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool. When I was a kid I used to collect cap guns. Had a silver-colored ar that used those plastic strip caps. It sucked to use the site because the freakin flame hole/loading port was right whete the charging handle is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Bakelite looks great!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty cool. When I was a kid I used to collect cap guns. Had a silver-colored ar that used those plastic strip caps. It sucked to use the site because the freakin flame hole/loading port was right whete the charging handle is.

I remember these, from the early/mid-80s.  They came in a couple color/style variations, some predominantly black with silver accents, and some mostly silver with black accents.  "Jagmatic" comes to mind for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Thompson clone that probably had the same mechanism.  The 'charging handle' on the right powered the machine gun noise after it was pulled all the way back against spring pressure.
On the Thompson, you placed dummy 'empties' in the slot ahead of the CH; when you 'fired' the gun, the empties would come spilling out as the handle moved forward.
It was a kinda neat toy.
Moon
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top