Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 7:53:27 PM EDT
My PSA pistol arrived in no time at all - maybe two weeks from order. PSA 8.5" AR pistol I was really amazed after reading some of the accounts of long delivery lead times from PSA.

The lower looked good to go as delivered. The upper was bone dry; I don't think there was a drop of oil or grease anywhere. That's OK as it gave me time to learn the innards really well!

I'm in the process of setting it up the way I want it to be. So far I have added a Sig Romeo-5 optic, Magpul front & rear BUIS and a Magpul angled front grip. The installation of all went well except the AFG. The mounting screws on the MLOCK mount cannot clear the gas block wherever I put it. I found a spot with minimal interference, not moving the block, so we will give it a try.

It has yet to visit the range, so no report there yet. Maybe wishful thinking, but so far I'm not unhappy at all with the components, especially for less than $500 from PSA.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got my upper in as well.  Hoping this thing runs well.  BIG, charging handle, optic and mags are on their way and should have it range tested by Friday.  I've been reading several threads on here about 8.5's having issues.  But it just feels like the right length compared to a 7 or 7.5.  Fingers crossed for both of us I guess.  Let us know how it runs.

Here's mine as it sits now
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a psa 10.5 upper and it shipped in 3 days.  my lower build kit took 6 days to ship
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got my upper in as well.  Hoping this thing runs well.  BIG, charging handle, optic and mags are on their way and should have it range tested by Friday.  I've been reading several threads on here about 8.5's having issues.  But it just feels like the right length compared to a 7 or 7.5.  Fingers crossed for both of us I guess.  Let us know how it runs.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/366189/20171022_103214-340668.JPG
View Quote
What buffer are you going to use? Add a BCM extractor spring too IMO
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought that same m-lok upper for $199 on sale not too long ago... seems like it would've been cheaper to get that and a bcg/ch and $130 pistol lower OP
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/366189/20171022_103214-340668.JPG
Right now I just have the standard buffer and spring that came with the brace. Haven't fired it yet.  Have a range day tomorrow so fingers crossed. This is my first under 10.5 but I have an ST2 as a backup in case. I expect recoil to be pretty harsh as is. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Right now I just have the standard buffer and spring that came with the brace. Haven't fired it yet.  Have a range day tomorrow so fingers crossed. This is my first under 10.5 but I have an ST2 as a backup in case. I expect recoil to be pretty harsh as is. 
View Quote
Ive had 7, 8.5, 10.5 and 11.5 5.56 uppers from PSA but never tried lower than an H, usually an H2.

Hopefully the CAR works for you but at least you've got the STT2 in case. A ST-T2 and heavier (Sprinco) buffer spring are what got my cyclic rate down enough to run properly on my 7" FWIW.

Also, FWIW, the shortest 5.56 that made the cut is a 14.5, only shorty I have now is a 10" .300blk.

I do think 10.5-12.5 5.56 guns are perfectly serviceable though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
In all honesty I have never ran anything other than a standard buffer and spring in all of my rifles.  Including 11.5 and 10.5 sbr's.  Never had any issues.  Don't even know how I ended up with the ST-2 in my pats bin.  I'm hopeful that my luck doesn't run out.  We shall see. 
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top