Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 7:49:07 PM EDT
For the past couple weeks I've been watching for 1 or 2 specific....yet really basic...pistol kits to come in stock on PSA.  Their email notifications take around 5-10 hours to go out and it seems like they might get a handful of each kit in and then they're gone in a few minutes.  

Is there some sort of run on AR pistol kits as of late?  Not really seeing anything else they're short on, but now for example....one pistol kit is available....1!  

I know I can buy the parts separately but that's an extra $100 or so to do.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 10.5" upper a few weeks ago. My plan is to get a stripped lower and their lower kit with the shockwave brace, but it has been out of stock for a while. I was watching the lower build kits for a short time before buying the upper and was in stock. Guess I'm in the same boat with OP.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
AR15 Pistols have become very popular lately because of arm braces basically becoming (more useful) than stocks. Everyone seems to be wanting pistols and specifically PSA because of the high quality at a lower price. You may need to devote time to checking their site hourly in hopes of getting what you want .
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR15 Pistols have become very popular lately because of arm braces basically becoming (more useful) than stocks. Everyone seems to be wanting pistols and specifically PSA because of the high quality at a lower price. You may need to devote time to checking their site hourly in hopes of getting what you want .
View Quote
When I talked about the past two weeks....that's what I HAVE been doing.  They put like 1 or 2 kits on and it's like ebay 10 years ago where you monitor second to second and then someone snipes the item!

Then the one kit no one wants they lowered the price by almost 50% and people jumped on them.  And now the $450 kits are still plentiful and have been all week....as the ONLY kit never out of stock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doing about the same...waiting for a complete with a shockwave, but may just buy an upper now and wait. If I buy a complete lower-pistol with tube, will a shockwave brace fit, or do I need to buy the shockwave tube?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doing about the same...waiting for a complete with a shockwave, but may just buy an upper now and wait. If I buy a complete lower-pistol with tube, will a shockwave brace fit, or do I need to buy the shockwave tube?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Blade fits regular pistol buffer tubes.
Blades are $30 and free shipping on Ebay.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My experience was just the opposite.  I jumped on the pistol upper package weekend special, figuring it may sell out any second and never be available again.  They ended up extending the special all through the next week, and then the week following without free shipping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
After the ATF(who brought chips?) reversed the ruling on touching the brace to yoru shoulder, pistol kits became the new hot item.  You think finding an AR pistol is tough, remember the Yugo M85/M92 pistols?  I was one of the lucky ones that round.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After the ATF(who brought chips?) reversed the ruling on touching the brace to yoru shoulder, pistol kits became the new hot item.  You think finding an AR pistol is tough, remember the Yugo M85/M92 pistols?  I was one of the lucky ones that round.
View Quote
I didn't know the Yugo pistols were hard to get but I never looked into buying one.
The C93 pistol (HK53 clone) was a gun I wanted when they came out and it was impossible to find at a reasonable price for the longest time. I happened to be looking on JG sales a few years back and they popped up at $420 with 2-40 round mags and free shipping. At the time they were at least $600 anywhere else with either 1 mag or no mags and never in stock. I was real lucky on that one as they go for around $1000 now that they stopped production .
I have always wondered if someone messed up the pricing when they listed them that day.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
After the ATF(who brought chips?) reversed the ruling on touching the brace to yoru shoulder, pistol kits became the new hot item.
View Quote
This makes sense.  To be honest I hadn't considered it.  

At this point I'm thinking I might look into a 10.5" upper (either from PSA or elsewhere) so long as it has a delta ring.  Then I can buy a MOE handguard and small section of rail for a light and grab a $60 BCG next time PSA offers them....shop around for a cheap buffer kit, LPK and charging handle.  

Hopefully I can find everything under $400 shipped....we shall see.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I got an email from PSA yesterday, but some type of sick teaser...I got on site within minutes and it was gone!  

What's the word on another source GHOST Firearms (ghostrifles.com)...if anyone has had any experience good or bad?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got an email from PSA yesterday, but some type of sick teaser...I got on site within minutes and it was gone!  

What's the word on another source GHOST Firearms (ghostrifles.com)...if anyone has had any experience good or bad?
View Quote
Holy Rail/M-Lok Batman!!!

On PSA...their email alert is useless....emails get sent 12-24hrs AFTER the item is listed as in-stock.  PSA does not care to fix it as I've already mentioned it to them multiple times.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This makes sense.  To be honest I hadn't considered it.  

At this point I'm thinking I might look into a 10.5" upper (either from PSA or elsewhere) so long as it has a delta ring.  Then I can buy a MOE handguard and small section of rail for a light and grab a $60 BCG next time PSA offers them....shop around for a cheap buffer kit, LPK and charging handle.  

Hopefully I can find everything under $400 shipped....we shall see.
View Quote
Just looked at PSA's site and Here it is for $169.99 (still shows in stock).
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just looked at PSA's site and Here it is for $169.99 (still shows in stock).
View Quote
I did end up buying that before you replied.  I'm shocked to see they are still in stock!!

But I ordered the upper, bcg, lpk/buffer kit and shipped it was all $325.  

All I need at this point is a rear MBUS which I can cannibalize from another AR if need be.  

Still thinking about emailing the ATF to see if plasti-dipping/flex-sealing/foam coating a Shockwave blade is ok to do.  Other than that, I might just get a padded end-cap for the buffer tube and it'll be good to go.  

...still haven't received a shipping notice
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm interested in Ghost as well after looking at their website and line up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered the 10.5 w/ front sight base as well, and a lower this morning

I thought about ordering from Daytona tactical and/or ghost rifles but couldn’t find much about them

I’ll put this together, then step back and see if it cures the gun bug for a while.

Now looking for a shockwave blade, but probably have what, a few weeks before parts start arriving?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ordered the 10.5 w/ front sight base as well, and a lower this morning

I thought about ordering from Daytona tactical and/or ghost rifles but couldn’t find much about them

I’ll put this together, then step back and see if it cures the gun bug for a while.

Now looking for a shockwave blade, but probably have what, a few weeks before parts start arriving?
View Quote
From PSA??  My order says "processing" as of a few minutes ago.  I was hoping it'd ship sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got a notice that psa shipped my lower...collecting other parts now. Found a shockwave on the egay for 17 but overseas address and within seconds both auctions stopped, but found another for 30 with free shipping. I’ve got the BCG and CH enroute from Toms tactical. Looking for a rear bus and something for an optic
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
After all that searching around and making sure I had all the parts I needed.....fucking thing came with a MOE grip plate and trigger guard I don't need and without a castle nut I do!!!

Cheapest I can find from a US seller is $5 shipped....anyone sell them cheaper?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
After all that searching around and making sure I had all the parts I needed.....fucking thing came with a MOE grip plate and trigger guard I don't need and without a castle nut I do!!!

Thanks!
View Quote
And not one of you dicks in the entire bag could share...."Hey Emt....Pistol tubes don't need castle nuts!"

Well, now I have three castle nuts I've got no use for at this point in time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#20]
My tube has a castle nut...don't remember the brand or where it came from since I've been acquiring parts for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And not one of you dicks in the entire bag could share...."Hey Emt....Pistol tubes don't need castle nuts!"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

The truth is that some do, and some don't.  Both of my pistol tubes do, but I didn't get them from PSA.  The one from Brownells needs one, as well as the one that came in the pistol kit package.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top