Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 7:39:59 PM EDT
I saw someone recently posted a pic here in the pistol forum with a KAK shockwave combined with a mission first tactical E-volve Stock Saddle cheek riser on his ar-15 pistol.  He listed another stock saddle that fits as well.

Since this is a brace vs a stock would anyone else be afraid to install one of these stock saddles on their KAK shockwave brace?  He said he had to slightly modify the saddle for it to fit as well.

Thoughts?  Opinions?

I believe the said the pad for the butt of the KAK was not ok recently??

Another
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres the pic sorry I borrowed the link...

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No, not afraid.  It's not a stock, it's a cheek rest.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the saddle but no brace on mine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It's mine. The cheek weld does not effect the use as a brace. The cheek piece actually gives the forearm a corner to rest into and makes shooting one handed more stable. Using a cheek weld on a pistol tube or brace is fine and an approved method of shooting a pistol.
Adding anything to the rear of a brace to aid in shouldering it or adding something that would impair it's use as a brace would be something to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

They got these too....great cheek rest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Not mine but another member posted these.  He has the MFT saddle mounted different and also has a CAA saddle.  I like my brace farther back on the buffer tube than he does and mine do not effect the charging handle.  If someone mounts their brace up closer to the receiver like he does his method of attaching the saddle will likely work better. I don't know how solid his mounting method works so I'm assuming it is solid? My attachment method would effect the charging handle if it was mounted up close to the receiver but mine does mount totally solid. Looks like he cut off the top strap loop and drilled a hole for the mounting bolt? Beautiful pistols!

Here is another mounted similar to above. His brace is far enough back to not effect the charging handle but still mounted like the others. I guess personal preference on what looks better and mounts solid will determine how to mount the saddle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one and posted my build on Aero Precision's Facebook page, and they deleted my picture and messaged me saying it wasn't a good idea and recommended I get rid of it.

Ditched it when I got a Law Tactical folding hinge because it prevented it from folding all the way, but I felt it was a great improvement for cheek weld.

Before and after
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:19:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one and posted my build on Aero Precision's Facebook page, and they deleted my picture and messaged me saying it wasn't a good idea and recommended I get rid of it.

Ditched it when I got a Law Tactical folding hinge because it prevented it from folding all the way, but I felt it was a great improvement for cheek weld.

Before and after
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264461/image-317527.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264461/image-317528.JPG
View Quote
DRJH1999

How did you like that muzzle brake on the first pic with the saddle?  

What exactly did they say about the saddle?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top