Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2017 2:40:40 AM EDT
Is anyone offering a complete upper in .300 with an 8 to 10 inch bbl, with FSB?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I searched and so far all I see is a CMMG with a 16" 300blk with FSB.

Edit: for under 10.5" you would probably have to buy a barrel and FSB separate and sent off to be pinned.

I'm assembling my first 300blk pistol now and I kind of wish I found one with FSB.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I am seeing.  I want a 300 pistol, fairly short, with the integral front sight.
Everything I find is railed instead.

Hopefully the situation changes by spring time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You can make one - even with barrels that have the port at pistol length - you can use a low profile gas block at pistol length for cycling the gun and then place a front sight lock without a tube forward for carbine length handguard placement
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, someone makes an FSB that screws on. Mine held up pretty well. It's going onto a different rifle soon.

FSB

Or if you want one that is adjustable-

Adjustable FSB
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another one A2 set screw
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Good info, guys. Thanks a lot!
I don't want to buy an upper and have to spend a lot of money to get it where I want, and then have a bunch of parts I don't want.
I am also a little intimidated as far as building an upper from scratch.  Hmm, have to think about it.

I won't "need" it until spring, so I have time to figure it out.  Maybe by then someone will have what I want at a decent price .  @PalmettoStateArmory  

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good info, guys. Thanks a lot!
I don't want to buy an upper and have to spend a lot of money to get it where I want, and then have a bunch of parts I don't want.
I am also a little intimidated as far as building an upper from scratch.  Hmm, have to think about it.

I won't "need" it until spring, so I have time to figure it out.  Maybe by then someone will have what I want at a decent price .  @PalmettoStateArmory  

Thanks again!
View Quote
Don't be intimidated. Watch some videos and buy some tools. Not as hard as it might seem.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure BA will allow you to buy a FSB along with your barrel and they'll install
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top