Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2017 10:26:06 AM EDT
What is it like outfitting an AR pistol with padded buffer like this?

Does it make AR pistols more lightweight and compact?

Most importantly, are they comfortable to shoot with?

My AR pistol build (10.5" 300blk with 1:8 twist) is almost complete and besides a couple small parts, this is the last major part to decide on.

(Not my photo)
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The full length Exile Machine, foam look rubber ones on Amazon work great for me.

I use compressed air through a 1/8 inch PVC tube to install the cover.
The cover expands and you push it over the buffer tube.

It is a little tricky, but it is never moving once installed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is it like outfitting an AR pistol with padded buffer like this?

Does it make AR pistols more lightweight and compact?

Most importantly, are they comfortable to shoot with?

My AR pistol build (10.5" 300blk with 1:8 twist) is almost complete and besides a couple small parts, this is the last major part to decide on.

(Not my photo)
[url][url=http://vtsupply.com/images/pbt3.jpg[/url]http://vtsupply.com/images/pbt3.jpg[/url[/url]]
View Quote
1. - What OTTOSEAR said.
2. - Yes, it's more comfortable, not cold, vibrates less and gives your cheekweild traction.
3. - The only thing more compact is a bare tube.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It definitely feels better on your face with the padding VS bare tube. I say get it, it's not expensive.

It won't make it more compact and more light weight but you (and other people) probably won't notice the difference anyways.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Blade arm braces are $30 on Ebay and free shipping. Your pistol will look and feel much better with one.
I always hated a tube sticking out the rear of AR pistols, looks all wrong to me. For this reason I never considered an AR pistol until braces came about.
An arm brace at least looks natural and gives something to cheek weld and brace against the body. With the wide variety of arm braces and most rivaling a stock in looks and comfort, why just have an odd looking bare tube sticking out?
Seriously, why? Does this not look and feel (much better)

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The thing about that KAK brace is that it looks like it would dig into the shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
On a 556, it's not bad. I have one on my 308 pistol and you will feel it after many rounds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thing about that KAK brace is that it looks like it would dig into the shoulder.
View Quote
.223 calibers have almost no recoil, plus you are not supposed to be shouldering it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.223 calibers have almost no recoil, plus you are not supposed to be shouldering it.
View Quote
Its not a .223, its a 300blk.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top