Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 7:14:57 PM EDT
Looking at a Bushy 11.5 A2 upper ... thinking about a pistol build.

But I'm seeing a few hundred more can get me into the BCM - Colt parts.

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
While it is nice to have the best, if you can accept the good enough, you will have more scratch for everything.

Which is just another way of saying generic parts are good enough for pistols.

At least, that is the way I look at it.

Now, for a nice rifle, maybe spring for the high priced parts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My DPMS Kitty Kat 7.5" (oh no, say it ain't so) has been rode hard and put away wet since 2004 and has many thousands and thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup.  This is the ONLY firearm that I have not babied and have shot it too hot to hold comfortably.

To listen to many here it should have failed with the first mag.  It hasn't.  I fail to see how an upper built with ANY brand of parts could have held up any better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
People rely far to much on a name when it comes to AR's.
My Noveske and Daniel defense uppers do the same thing as my Generic or cheaper uppers. You don't pay more for high end because it works better (if it works it works). You pay more for high end because of cosmetics and likely a better inspected build before it leaves the factory.
An AR15 either works or it doesn't. There is little difference in a stock $400 AR and a stock $1000 AR assuming they both work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster is a brand name owned by Freedom Group, not the Bushmaster of Windham Maine days.

Is that an older Bushmaster upper or new production?

Bushmaster had good barrels with good chrome lining back when they were actually Bushmaster.

Other than that, a lot of the parts were garbage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA uppers with the FN chrome lined barrels are equal to anything those boutique companies put out, at far less money.  But on arfcom you have to have some high priced name or you need to go be poor somewhere else.  So says the basement sitting dorks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top