Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 12:29:41 AM EDT
I had someone to say there is no LOP for a pistol, and the brace can be extended as far as one want it to be. I thought someone on here said that it was said it should not be over 13.5.
Anyone know for certain?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
check the archived ATF letters...once upon a time there was a letter stating that any length buffer tube could be included on a pistol... FWIW a KAK tube for the SiG brace puts my nose to charging handle... I do not use a brace or blade, just a rubber end cap (also a letter somewhere)
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
For the Feds, the only length measurement involved in determining if it is a pistol is the length of the barrel, less than 16".  Some states have other criteria that must be met to be called a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The shockwave guy said something about a LOP requirement but as far as anyone can tell that's total bullshit and people like MAC are extremely skeptical they even talked with ATF at all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the Feds, the only length measurement involved in determining if it is a pistol is the length of the barrel, less than 16".  Some states have other criteria that must be met to be called a pistol.
View Quote
BZZT...there is NO federal barrel min/max regarding handgun classification.  Guess you "heard" that somewhere, so just automatically pass it along as valid, sigh.

- OS
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
WRONG federal law never States a max barrel length. Some states do however.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys are correct on the Fed barrel length.  Brain fart on my part.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Put me in the camp with the folks who want to see a definitive "ok to shoulder" ATF letter specifically for the shockwave blade before feeling comfortable installing one.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top