Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2017 12:32:41 AM EDT
So far i got a fde aero precision upper and lower, an sb tactical sbpdw adjustable stock. It says its compatible with carbine buffers and springs. What weight should i get. Also looking to run a 10.5" barrel, anything i should look out for problem wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time building a ar, so any help i could get i will take.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I always start with the basics. If those don't work then you can get more complex.

Adjustable gas block and heavier buffers are usually going to solve any issues. But if you can get by with the cheap ones you've saved a lot of coin.

Plus if you buy a stock kit from DSG or elsewhere it's all included. That way if you have to swap you'll have a spare for emergencies or your next build.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Also to add....All of my 10.5s have been flawless. My last few builds I've used faxon barrels. They are active here and have great cs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Faxon  and Ballistic Advantage are good places to find a barrel
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
10.5 is the perfect length for a pistol  
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm also running AR pistols. My 10.3 DD upper runs well with a BCM h2 buffer & LMT carbine spring. My BCM 11.5 has also run without issues with the same buffer / spring setup. I'll probably be looking at some sprinco blue springs to not have to worry about the springs for awhile but not needed right now.

I would start with maybe an ALG lower parts kit. I run ALG combat triggers in all my pistols , they work & feel quite good for what they are.

Good luck , Pep
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
10.5 BA hanson qpq bbl and carbine buffer
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So far i got a fde aero precision upper and lower, an sb tactical sbpdw adjustable stock Brace.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So far i got a fde aero precision upper and lower, an sb tactical sbpdw adjustable stock. It says its compatible with carbine buffers and springs. What weight should i get. Also looking to run a 10.5" barrel, anything i should look out for problem wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time building a ar, so any help i could get i will take.
View Quote

So OP you are building a SBR, or are you trying to circumvent NFA laws? One of these options is legal the other is a federal crime, in the future I would suggest you list components correctly, to avoid issues. Is it a stock or a brace?

Not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the reasons we almost lost braces.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So OP you are building a SBR, or are you trying to circumvent NFA laws? One of these options is legal the other is a federal crime, in the future I would suggest you list components correctly, to avoid issues. Is it a stock or a brace?

Not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the reasons we almost lost braces.
View Quote
He's from IL , maybe even from places in IL that like me can't have AR rifles. I'm sure he didn't mean what your trying to insinuate. SBR's are acceptable with some extra steps so I wouldn't give his typo too much though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea, its a brace from sb tactical. This is my first time building a AR so just trying to get some input. Sorry for the confusion. Been reading up on these laws and no not making a SBR. Appreciate the advice though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Good Luck , fun projects these become.

&  Glock19773 , if your in the Chicagoland area & need a hand just Ring me up. I don't know everything but maybe I can help.

Pep
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
BRACE came in today, Alls i need now to finish this build is a barrel, gas block gas tube, free float hand guard and a red dot. On my way to my first build
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Spike's Tactical ST-T2 Tungsten heavy buffer, Hands down! Should run your 10.5" perfectly. You'll thank yourself!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, gonna wait for some sales.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I need some advice on a barrel. Now I am a firm believer in you get what you paid for, but I've looked at heavy weight SS 1:8 barrels for 61$. All the way up to nitride DD at 350 and some even higher than that. This is going to be a HD/SHTF pistol ar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to get something decent for around 100-150. This is my first build so this is my first time pricing this stuff so please be gentle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need some advice on a barrel. Now I am a firm believer in you get what you paid for, but I've looked at heavy weight SS 1:8 barrels for 61$. All the way up to nitride DD at 350 and some even higher than that. This is going to be a HD/SHTF pistol ar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to get something decent for around 100-150. This is my first build so this is my first time pricing this stuff so please be gentle.
View Quote
Get a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage. PSA CHF are nice too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I was looking at a Ballistic Advantage 10.3" .223 Wylde BA Hanson Carb Barrel regular 220 on sale 165. I'm  thinking i should wait it out and see what deals labor day brings. But IDK
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Black Friday coming up too
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol d***
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#20]
got a 230$ ballistic advantage barrel for 143$ shipped waiting on labor day worked out. Now for those black friday deals. Lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#21]
At first I was having ejection issues with my pistol causing some serious jams.

I assumed it was buffer related so I got a spikes heavy buffer, but the issue persisted.

Swapped the BCG with my BCM and she ran like a top...

Ended up ordering an upgraded ejector spring kit from midway, and that fixed the issue.

Moral of the story spend a few extra bucks on a quality bolt, or plan on upgrading the ejector spring.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a lantac bcg, just a few more parts and the pistol build starts
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:35:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Strip and clean the BCG, lube well and hand cycle a bunch of times before you get to the range. That usually loosens everything up so it functions well the first time out...
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top