Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:13:23 PM EDT
Does anyone with an AR pistol use a sling as a support while shooting?

Er, does it help?

Can't have an SBR due to CLEO in my county, just wondering how viable a pistol could be with some sort of support.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:39:26 AM EDT
take a look at the last pic on the pic post
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:40:09 AM EDT
Yup, I use a wide single-point sling and push the weapon out against it for 2-handed firing with a reddot, just like an MP5. The recoil from the 7" barrel is more than a 9mm, but still better than no sling.

It works for me in that I'm not a fan of the popular "cheek-weld" foam tube style of shooting.

BTW, if your local LEO is not keen on signing off for SBR's and such, but they are legal in your state, the ATF allows corporations and LLC's to file forms for NFA items as well. If you really want an SBR and you don't plan on moving, you may want to look into becoming an LLC -- the paperwork and annual filings are not too hard or expensive, and your LLC does not need the LEO signoff for ATF approval. You do need to maintain the corp or LLC for the duration of the NFA item ownership, however -- less wait and hassle on this end, but annual filings and fees every year hereafter. Just an idea.

Cheers, Otto
Top Top