Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:15:14 AM EDT
Mine is a jamomatic, I've never disasembled the ejector and cleaned so I think that is my problem, Found out yesterday that it is a routine maikntenance thing, never had an AR-15 type weapon before. I like to get, just in case, a new ejector, spring and pin before I go taking it apart but have no idea where to get them, someone recomended getting one for a Colt ar-15 from Brownel's but there's more then one choice so I need help.

If there's a better aftermarket one please let me know.

I also want to add a handguard to it that would allow me to mount accesories like flashlights and lasers to it via picanniny rails I see that www.popguns has a model 33 (Hogue?) that has a great price but I cannot get them on the phone to make sure it will fit my pistol.

I am new to this gun so any help is welcomed in advance, I want to get a laser and a red dot for it, maybe a flashlight too, I already have a rail on top for the red dot.

It would be great if I could manage to shoot an entire 10 round magazine without a jam, a 30 ropund one a dream. Outside of the ejector cleaning fiasco I keep it very clean, I tried all sorts of ammo, they all jam, also tried Bushmaster and RRA magazines, also all jam.

update:

Got through with the folks at popguns, they tell me that the M-33 does not fit my pistol, seems also that anyone calling them from Puerto Rico is a terrorist so I need a place that has a diferent POV on this and will ship to me here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to send my Bushmaster pistol back to the factory to have them repair it when it was new, just out of the box. It had the same problems. But they fixed it and now it runs like a champ.

Send it back for repair.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Send it back for repair.

Sound advice.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had to send my Bushmaster pistol back to the factory to have them repair it when it was new, just out of the box. It had the same problems. But they fixed it and now it runs like a champ.

Send it back for repair.

It is great advice, the thing is that I am inPuerto Rico and LGS here, I need one for their FFL to send the thing to Bushmaster charge an arm and a leg for the use of it, also I am the third owner of this gun, it is less than a year old,  so I doubt the warranty is still any good.

At any rate I sent a very colorful email to the folks at Bushmaster and they already sent me a replacement ehjector,e tc and the isnstructions on how to replace them, I am crossing my fingers that this will solve the problem.

thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I've seen your only options for a rail system of any kind on the Bushmaster pistol
is whatever they themselves have for sale.
Not the widest array of options but it is a nice piece of kit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what I've seen your only options for a rail system of any kind on the Bushmaster pistol
is whatever they themselves have for sale.
Not the widest array of options but it is a nice piece of kit.

I saw a lot of what seem to be modifications to ar-15 handguns in the pics section, yu mean all of those are not Bushmasters but other brands, the rail conersion by Bushmaster fo rmy handgun is too expensie, not what I want and again I have to send them the gun to have it install by them, they will not send you the parts and I hae the problem of the LGS and their pricey fees for using hteir FFL.

There's got to be aftermarket parts for them, any idea on where to get them?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top