Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:35:59 AM EDT
Just thought I would share my two cents, with all the recent questions.  Took the PLR out yesterday for the first time. (Ben Avery Range - Phoenix).  Even before I shot it, several people came by asking questions, including the Range Officer, all positive.  The PLR had suprisingly low recoil, I would say equal to a .45.  I tried every type of ammo we had on hand, Winchester white box, Lake City SS109, Norinco, Remington and even some reloads.  It functioned flawlessly.  The muzzle blast is something to be seen.  It was accurate with iron sights out to 25 yards (6 inch groups), with a optic it would be better at further distances. One interesting thing happened, one of my friends who shot it, kept limp wristing and it would keep the bolt from traveling back.  I have seen that many times with pistol shooters, just not used to seeing it in an AR!  Our opinion, over several beers, is that it would make a good truck or camping/small game gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top