Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 1:05:13 PM EDT
I emailed Bushmaster the other day to inquire about any plans to manufacture their Carbon 15 AR pistols in .45acp.  I got this answer:

It is being discussed but no decision to manufacture in .45 has been made at this time. We are still filling initial orders for the 9mm which has just been introduced.

Thank you,
             Jim Eden, Tech Support
             1-800-883-6229

Anyone else out there think this is a good idea?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be cool, but I'd rather have one in 9mm or 5.56, because I'm moving to 9mm with all my guns (not revolvers).  Trying to keep the ammo to as few calibers as I can (easier to stockpile, easier to carry to range, etc).  Also, 9mm is cheaper, by about 50%.  

Also, get some hot ammo, and 9mm performs well enough to not worry when you have a 30 round mag.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I just still can't understand why someone would choose 9mm over anything other than .25acp or .380.  Different strokes I guess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I choose 9mm cuz it's cheap to shoot.  I have a feeling i will shoot at a lot more targets than bad guys and the 9mm has more than enough paper stopping ability.  I do have some man stoppers if I should ever need one but I reload and waste 9mm at the range.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top