Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
I got a single point sling end plate that has the round loop on it.. and I was wondering what you guys prefered for single point slings?

I was thinking something on the lines of what Troy offers, but am not totally sure.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:52:55 AM EDT
ARF sling forum

After using a bunch of different single point slings, and being disgusted, I've found the ASP single point sling to be the best available.

The sling forum will give you better exposure for your topic, and the ASP has gotten great reviews, as well as talked about a bunch there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:04:01 AM EDT
Stick,

Was thinking of the sling forum, but decided I would get the opinion of pistol owners :)

That ASP looks like what I am interested. I see they sell a seperate snap hook attachment on the website you posted.. but there is not an option to purchase the sling with it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:05:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:43:41 PM EDT
You could just make your own.

I have made several styles and have made one just like the one mentioned (without seeing it beforehand). The one I made just like that one cost me like $5.00 to make. It uses side release buckles just like the one mentioned and may even have better webbing (in OD Green). The nice thing about using side release buckles is you can make many different slings and add attachments to your gear like load bearing vests and body armor adding the side release buckles. Then add side release buckles with some webbing to all your guns and now you have a universal attachment system that is very inexpensive to set up.

Just a thought.

Maybe tonight when I get home I’ll post some picks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:51:03 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestion about Teknic, I'll check with him :)

Nobodyreally, any suggestions on attachment?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:12:51 PM EDT
NR

Stick with your homemade version, if you can't tell the difference you don't need anything better.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:12:30 PM EDT
Poking around on a few sites that have various hook and snap attachments..

I think I will take a crack at building my own. Materials won't cost me more than $7-8 or so, and I have access to a nice Singer that'll sew just about any nylon it can get under the foot(and even leather).

Figure I'll get enough to make two so I can expiriment! The "expensive" parts are the HK style hooks
Top Top