Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 4:59:03 PM EDT by Special_FX_45]
My dad and I found a new 97S at a killer price this past weekend at a gun show so we decided to pick it up. The question I have is,, is there a regular flat top rail for the top of the pistol that's available so we can mount different sights for front and rear? We just picked up a small Eotech sight, bu itt is too high for the stock front sight. please let me know if this is possible and if so where can we find this. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:57:03 AM EDT
you mean it is too high to co-witness????

When you put the EoTech on shoot it, then adjust, shoot it, then adjust.
adjust it like you would a scope, once the EoTech fails, take it off and use the stock sights, hence BUIS.

Master the stock sights, then purchase the EoTech. You dont wanna be good with optics before you
find out you cant shoot it for shit with the factory irons last.

No, there isnt any aftermarket or factory flat-top rails for the 97S or any of there pistol lines, i looked for myself.

The only way is to machine them off then re-machine the M1913 rails in ther place where the sights used to be.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:31:25 AM EDT
There is only one way to co-witness (ok not really co-witness but use both) the iron sight on the C-15 97 rifle or pistols with the long rail and that is with a red dot 30mm tube and a mount that allows you to see through the mount under the red dot tube. The mount was made by MOUNTING SOLUTIONS PLUS (Brownell’s #556-015-200 ).

This is the mount with a Tripower I plan to put on this C-15 9mm SBR. Plus Tridium iron sights for backup.

Top Top