Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/2/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2005 5:13:16 AM EDT by Rkbarms2k]
Thanks for all the help guys.

It'll be a while before I get a chance to try it out at the range, but it looks great and even my dealer (a class III guy) remarked at the build quality. So, at least aesthetically speaking, I can say that if you're thinking about one of these, go ahead. And don't forget, there's a lifetime warranty; as Jeff at CMMG put it, "they're guaranteed to run..." Good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT by ReefRaider]
Have fun and congrats . I'm real happy with my 10.3 from CMMG. John went out of his way to make sure I was happy with my upper and for that he has a customer for life. They are working on a 9mm upper it should be out soon.

ETA Did you order it from them with a BCG?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:30:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2005 5:34:20 AM EDT by Rkbarms2k]
Reef,

Good to hear about your 10.3
Mine looks exactly like the one on the website. I wasn't sure what to think about the carbine length, four-rail, floating handguard, but I went with it because I thought it would look better with a KFH attached.

I'm glad I did because it's pretty impressive in person. I haven't received the KFH yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll give it the balanced look I was hoping for.

I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning, what's a BCG?

Also, does anyone know where the best (cheapest) place to get rail covers is? I don't really have a preference on type.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 6:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2005 6:34:18 PM EDT by ReefRaider]
Maybe its me I meant Bolt Carrier Group. I went with the lmt enhanced M16 BCG for +$189.00. Thinking it would last me a life time and my son and maybe his son too.

ETA I picked up the Magpul rail covers for my YHM FF 4 rail hand guard . They seem to fit real tight and have not come loose yet. I think I got them from SKD. Hope this helps..
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:06:31 AM EDT
Oh, I see. I ordered it with the standard BCG.

Did you get the standard buffer? Also, any idea what a T marked receiver is?

Thanks for the info on the rail covers
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:12:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:15:15 AM EDT
That sure is going to look bad ass with the KFH. Stone stock buffer and spring here. The tube is another story though. As far as I know the T-marked uppers are the ones that have ##s like T1,T2,T3,ect.ect marking the top rail so you can put things ( like optics ,lazers and so on )back where they came from. Your going to have a ball with that blaster !!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:31:58 AM EDT
That makes perfect sense about the T-markings. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do at the range. I'll probably try it out without the KFH first, just to have an idea of how bad the backblast I've heard about is.

Believe me, I know looks aren't everything.
But I remember the first time I ever saw, held then used an M-4, I was completely enamoured with its aesthetics.
The same thing happened with my SOPMODed M-4, a few years ago.
And now it's happened again with this thing.

Difference is, my rich Uncle doesn't own it so I don't have to give it back.

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2005 4:31:02 PM EDT by ReefRaider]
I went to the range today and tested out some new gear . I just put a OTAL ( offset tactical aiming lazer I think thats what it stands for anyway ) and a single point sling ( its a Spector ). I saw a pic here of someone at the range using one . They were holding the pistol out and pushing it out away from them self . This helps to keep the gun steady and brace for the recoil with out having to keep your elbows locked. If you follw what I'm saying this alone made a BIG diff in follow up shot time . After shooting it like that a while I dialed in ( took only 5 rnds) the OTAL . After that I started dumping mags. Thats when the Range master came by he knows me ( and he knows all the shots will be on the paper if I'm rapid firing ) but asked me to slow down anyway . I told him thats easy to do I'm out of ammo anyway all 300rnds were gone . Any how if you can get your hands on a sling to try do it let me know how you like it..
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:16:46 AM EDT
were are you guys finding the 7.5 on cmmg's site? i didnt see anything that short.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:28:59 AM EDT
From the CMMG homepage...

<<Firearms>>
<<CMMG, Inc Lowers and Firearms>>
Scroll half way down the page and it ought to be there.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:53:04 AM EDT
ok, thanks. i was looking for upper only. didnt see them listed under uppers. do you know if they are ever sold that way? thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:08:13 PM EDT
Raven_Fire,

I believe they do sell a separate 7.3" upper and (don't quote me on this) I think it's the same price as the Kitty Kat they carry. Send them an email or give them a call to be sure.

Reef,

I modified a BHI tac carbine sling to make it a single point with a fastex buckle release. Feels like it ought to work, but with this weather rolling in on the eastern seaboard, it may be a while before I'm able to find out for sure.

Question:
I probably should start another thread on this, but I'll give it a try here first.
The pistol came with the Ace buffer tube and sling adapter. Well, I'm noticing a pretty high degree of flexing in the adapter. To the point that I can see the spring that keeps the rear-take-down-pin-stop in place working its way out.
Is this normal? I'm thinking it may be because the thing isn't designed to be used in a single-point configuration.
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:40:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rkbarms2k:
Here's a pic...

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/Rkbarms2k/50cb0789.jpg

Very nice, what kind of lower and buffer tube is that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:38:06 PM EDT
Bulldog,
The buffer is and Ace pistol kit setup and the lower is CMMG. Actually, CMMG built the entire thing. "just add ammo..."
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:53:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rkbarms2k:
Here's a pic...

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/Rkbarms2k/50cb0789.jpg

My second CMMG pistol is on the way!!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:00:40 AM EDT
Second!?!?

That's awesome. Any pics of your first one? How does it shoot? Any mods? Are you having the same issues I am with the sling mount?
Do tell...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:42:11 AM EDT
ACE is supposed to be modifying their gusset soon to add strength to the sling attachment area.

flcracker
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 4:08:27 AM EDT by cookhj]
SBR it!

ETA - i see you're in VA...who did you buy it from?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:00:38 AM EDT
What was the cost?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:10:29 PM EDT
Sweet
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:44:02 PM EDT
It's partially because of this thread I ordered a 10.3" upper from CMMG, should be here Tuesday...

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:04:25 PM EDT
That's awesome Jon. Let us know how you make out.
Top Top