Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Incorrect. If the linear speed drops to, say, half of muzzle velocity, but the bullet is still spinning at the same number of RPMs, then it's twist rate is now double. I.e. it will rotate once for every 1.5" of travel.

Since we all seem to agree that linear speed will drop off much more quickly than RPMs will drop, we can say that the effective twist rate will actually steadily increase through the entire flight of the bullet. It will start at 1 turn for every 3", then increase to 1 turn in every 2", then 1 turn every 1 ", and so forth.
View Quote

I highly doubt it will make it to 1:1 and even if it were, the velocity will be so low that the bullet isn't likely to expand and even if it does penetration will be hampered due to the low velocity.  Nobody knows just exactly how much rotation there will be at any given velocity, even though velocity slows more dramatically than rotation, rotation will also be reduced somewhat.  Slice it any way you like, it just isn't all that it is being touted as.  The twist rate will never increase over that it is at the muzzle, the distance in which the bullet makes a full rotation will shorten as velocity slows.  But, performance isn't going to improve with slower velocity just because the distance per rotation is reduced.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Unrelated to the twist discussion and fancy math (good stuff), I don't think this will be anywhere near as popular as 300 blk has become, simply due to the fact that 30 cal bullets and cartridges were so popular already.  338 components and cartridges, not so much, I'd say orders of magnitude less.

Does popularity matter? Not really if you want something bad enough and you like it no matter what. But popularity helps a good deal with regard to ammo, component, and parts availability and affordability. 9mm vs 380? Very similar, but one is way cheaper with respect to the aforementioned.

Although 300 blk seems to have spawned it's own new specialized bullets, now that it has reached a "critical mass" of adoption. 8.6 looks like it will be the opposite, specialized slugs required out the gate.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unrelated to the twist discussion and fancy math (good stuff), I don't think this will be anywhere near as popular as 300 blk has become, simply due to the fact that 30 cal bullets and cartridges were so popular already.  338 components and cartridges, not so much, I'd say orders of magnitude less.

Does popularity matter? Not really if you want something bad enough and you like it no matter what. But popularity helps a good deal with regard to ammo, component, and parts availability and affordability. 9mm vs 380? Very similar, but one is way cheaper with respect to the aforementioned.

Although 300 blk seems to have spawned it's own new specialized bullets, now that it has reached a "critical mass" of adoption. 8.6 looks like it will be the opposite, specialized slugs required out the gate.
View Quote

It was never meant to be as popular as 300 Blackout.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gamma is correct, the translational velocity of the bullet degrades much quicker than the rotational velocity.  It's simply because the forward movement encounters far more friction from the air.  However, all velocities are slowing and can never be higher than at the muzzle.

Faster rotation vs translational velocity ratios as the bullet travels downrange will increase the number of rotations for a given distance traveled.  This is true of all bullets.

Gamma also brought up another phenomenon, spin drift.  All bullets experience this to some degree.  A right hand twist causes the bullet's nose to offset slightly to the right, and thus, over distance will gradually drift to the right.  It becomes most pronounced after about 600-ish yards.  The criteria that effects how much spin drift is twist rate, length of the bullet, time of flight, air density, and the stability factor of the bullet (it's construction).

On a zero wind day, a 62 grain 5.56 bullet will drift about 22"-23" at 1000 yards.  A 220 grain high BC out of a 308, about 7"-8", a 300 grain .338, about 6".  

Over spinning a bullet (assuming it doesn't come apart after exiting the barrel) is just going to exacerbate spin drift, and if spun fast enough, the gyroscopic effects can cause the bullet to maintain a nose high attitude instead of arcing over.  This too will increase drift as well as cause it to lose velocity even sooner due to the increased drag.

View Quote

Will spin drift cause that big of an issue inside of say 300 yds? (Not challenging, asking serious question).

Appreciate your breaking down or the energy issues.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will spin drift cause that big of and issue inside of say 300 yds? (Not challenging, asking serious question).
View Quote

When I put figures into a ballistic calculator, with the 1:3 twist spin drift at 300 yds with a 285gr bullet at 1100fps comes up with 14.1 inches. The calculator won't do a 1:1 twist, but a 1:2 twist comes up with 30.2 inches of drift so you can see where that's headed. 1:2 twist at 100 yds is 3.8 inches.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When I put figures into a ballistic calculator, with the 1:3 twist spin drift at 300 yds with a 285gr bullet at 1100fps comes up with 14.1 inches. The calculator won't do a 1:1 twist, but a 1:2 twist comes up with 30.2 inches of drift so you can see where that's headed. 1:2 twist at 100 yds is 3.8 inches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will spin drift cause that big of and issue inside of say 300 yds? (Not challenging, asking serious question).

Great info! Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems like a lot. What's that look like compared to 300 blackout at similar ranges?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That seems like a lot. What's that look like compared to 300 blackout at similar ranges?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

200gr boattail, 1100fps in a 1:7 twist is 1" of drift at 300.

Here's an online one
http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj_drift-5.1.cgi
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess not, feels like a flop to me?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Right, the faster you spin the bullet, the more spin drift you get.  I haven't done the math for bullet RPM vs muzzle velocity vs distance, but it's exponential.  With that said, high amounts of spin drift isn't necessarily inaccurate, as long as bullet velocities are consistent and there's no wind.  At least no worse than lobbing heavy subsonics at distance.  Some peeps are hitting 1000 yard targets with sub stuff, but...any wind significantly alters the equation.  If you have wind, then each shot becomes, more or less, a guessing game.  At least gravity is a constant for computing vertical drop, wind drift, not so much.

Over spinning a bullet will also introduce negative gyroscopic effects at distance as well, which will only serve to exacerbate spin drift and other undesirable things.

Brittingham did state that part of the impetus for 8.6 was due to military interest, but that doesn't tell us a whole lot.  What criteria are these militaries asking for that 8.6 meets that another existing cartridge does not?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Right, the faster you spin the bullet, the more spin drift you get.  I haven't done the math for bullet RPM vs muzzle velocity vs distance, but it's exponential.  With that said, high amounts of spin drift isn't necessarily inaccurate, as long as bullet velocities are consistent and there's no wind.  At least no worse than lobbing heavy subsonics at distance.  Some peeps are hitting 1000 yard targets with sub stuff, but...any wind significantly alters the equation.  If you have wind, then each shot becomes, more or less, a guessing game.  At least gravity is a constant for computing vertical drop, wind drift, not so much.

Over spinning a bullet will also introduce negative gyroscopic effects at distance as well, which will only serve to exacerbate spin drift and other undesirable things.

Brittingham did state that part of the impetus for 8.6 was due to military interest, but that doesn't tell us a whole lot.  What criteria are these militaries asking for that 8.6 meets that another existing cartridge does not?
View Quote

Having never really shot at ranges that required spin drift to be calculated it would be weird to me to adjust that much windage but I guess that's where a good reticle would help out.

If the military is looking at it I would assume it would be for subsonic use. When it comes to subs there isn't much you can do but throw bigger chunks. That's why I want a 500 Blackout
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#14]
You could go with 510 Whisper.....but that doesn't fit in an AR.

However, 8.6 isn't supposed to be just about subs...at least according to Brittingham, hence all the hoopla over his claims about more energy on target (at super speed) than a 308.  That's more or less what got this convo going.

IF we consider just subs, then there are already bigger and heavier cartridges out there than the 8.6 that shoot subs that will fit the AR-15 where the 8.6 requires an AR-10....
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah the 338 Lapua brass and bolt face don’t fit my cheap ass budget.

I’m interested to see if the 8.6 shows up in any cool platforms like the Scar/MCX/XCR. Pretty sure Kevin said they were working on a AR10 type gun so we might get a big brother to the honey badger.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Perhaps, but regardless, his claims still don't add up and 8.6 ammo is going to be stupid expensive.

Besides, and this is just my current opinion, if I want a bigger, heavier sub thumper, at this point I'd build an 8" in 350 Legend (and since I bought a SiCo Omega 36M, I can suppress it too).  Maker Bullets has a 280 grain all copper for it, and the bullet is almost as long as the case!  If you made that bullet out of lead, now you're well up in the 400+ grain weight area....and it all fits in an AR-15.  350 Legend ammo/brass/etc is relatively cheap by comparison.

I'm not saying 8.6 doesn't have a certain cool factor, I'm just very skeptical of Kevin's claims about it.  Then again, I'm not one to jump on the latest cartridge fad du jour.  I'll wait and see how it pans out.  If it does, then maybe I can see an 8.6 down the road, but definitely not right now.

I wish LeHigh Defense made their monster 570 grain behemoth they're loading in 458 SOCOM about .02" shorter in COAL, as it would then fit the AR-15, right now it's a bolt only round, but good lord, what a thumper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
If you reload, then these bullets are what quite a few use in their ARs in .458 S for brick throwing projectiles.  I’ve never gotten good enough accuracy with cast bullets myself but I have never tried powder coated cast bullets.  However, 500 gr. RN or FMJ Hornady bullets as well as 400 gr. Barnes Burners hit like a SOB.  I don’t think I’d want to cross anything these three bullets wouldn’t put down, from big bears to engine blocks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Not cheap, but these babies fold a deer like a plastic bag

https://www.sskfirearms.com/458-socom-fast-twist-570gr-controlled-fracturing-subsonic-hunting-rifle-ammo.html

But definitely agree, if something isn't stopped by that, I don't want to be anywhere near it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m intrigued by the thought of it but if the spin drift numbers y’all are coming up with are accurate that gives me some pause.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Alright....it's here!  Received the barrel from Faxon this afternoon (ordered last Friday when the opened sales) and assembled the upper tonight.  All I need now is some ammo to get released...well, technically the muzzle device for my suppressor should be here Friday too (since the muzzle is threaded M18x1.5...which is a bit odd).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Any ETA on ammo, dies, brass, projectiles or SAAMI acceptance?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I think Gorilla posted on facebook about a week ago that they were shipping ammo to Q...so hopefully some ammo will start becoming available soon.  I see die sets on websites but none in stock yet.  Figure I'll be tied to Factory stuff for a bit until I save up enough brass and secure powder (which is still pretty sparce on shelves).
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got a 12" Faxon barrel inbound. Have to figure out which rail I want to match it. Hopefully more muzzle device choices are on the horizon too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there any information on chamber pressure?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is there any information on chamber pressure?
View Quote

Not sure...I seem to recall Q stating that it was on the low side...similar to 300blk, but I am not 100%.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Received my 8 inch barrel from Faxon yesterday should have it all together by this time next week. Just need some ammo.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Received my 8 inch barrel from Faxon yesterday should have it all together by this time next week. Just need some ammo.

View Quote

Nice!  I went with 16" just because I wanted it to be as quiet as possible.  If it turns out that I like the cartridge a lot, I could definitely see myself getting and 8 or 12" at some point.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#28]
D. Wilson is having a bunch of Hornady dies being manufactured and is prototyping a trimmer die. He also modded a Faxon barrel for a LMT MWS. Looks like he's converting 6.5 Creedmoor brass using a prototype die. He's probably shooting his handloads this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Update: For those that bought Faxon barrels... I ordered mine the morning on 5/27 when they went live.  Today I got a letter in the mail from Faxon...it was a coupon code for the opportunity to purchase ammo through Gorilla ahead of the general public.  I jumped on their website and should have 5 boxes (that was the limit) headed my way soon.  They only had the supersonic 210gr Barnes TSX load left by the time I got online (given the 5 box limit that is what I most wanted anyway...although I would have liked to try one box of subs to confirm cycling and smooth operation...oh well, in time).  Website said they opened it up on 6/3.  So, if you bought a Faxon barrel...be on the lookout for something in the mail!

@47Under
@Outrider
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Update: For those that bought Faxon barrels... I ordered mine the morning on 5/27 when they went live.  Today I got a letter in the mail from Faxon...it was a coupon code for the opportunity to purchase ammo through Gorilla ahead of the general public.  I jumped on their website and should have 5 boxes (that was the limit) headed my way soon.  They only had the supersonic 210gr Barnes TSX load left by the time I got online (given the 5 box limit that is what I most wanted anyway...although I would have liked to try one box of subs to confirm cycling and smooth operation...oh well, in time).  Website said they opened it up on 6/3.  So, if you bought a Faxon barrel...be on the lookout for something in the mail!

@47Under
@Outrider
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered from Joe Bob Outfitters as I missed the Faxon launch. I think I may be out of the card race ordering from a dealer. I do have one sleeve of Discreet ammo to try but I still need a rail and muzzle device to pull this thing together anyway.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I received my card from Faxon yesterday and ordered 4 boxes of the 210 Barnes supers from Gorilla. That will get me started until Subsonic comes is stock and my Silencerco 46M is approved

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I called Gorilla to ask about chamber pressure (really nice and helpful on the phone).  22,000-24,000 for subsonic.

They said it would probably be around three weeks from launch for ammo sales to open up to non-coupon holders.  I bought my barrel from a dealer, so I am waiting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Alright boys, I got my Gorilla 210gr Supersonic ammo today.  Fired 3 shots to get a rough zero and to test the TSX into some water jugs (at about 10yds).  Informal test, but I've done this with lots of calibers/bullets and can draw some general conclusions from it.  Massive damage on the two initial water jugs in my lineup (no shock there).  The bullet ended up in the 5th jug (for reference this is also where many of my 308 bonded loads have come to a rest).  3 of the 4 petals were mostly torn off but one was still intact and it was almost straight out...so the TSX expanded better than I would have expected at such a relatively slow velocity compared to what that bullet was made for velocity-wise.  Also, when I've shot 300blk 110gr Barnes Tac-TX into jugs like this they often lose a few petals too due to being so close to the jugs.  I suspect (as 300blk does for me) that if I was hunting with the 210gr in the 8.6 that the petals would expand nicely at 50-100yds.  Not sure how they'd fair much farther out when velocity drops...time will tell.

Weather and schedule allowing I should be have a good chance of getting onto some hogs this coming weekend.  If I do I will report back for sure.

Once I get more time I'll test accuracy and try to chrono them.

Here's what the bullet from the water jugs looked like:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Maybe I missed it, but, WHAT suppressor should you be running with this thing????

I KNOW my 7.62/.308 would be a "ONE TIME USE", so I don't want to go there......
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:11:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Any 338 or bigger. I think TBAC has one of the quieter ones and Q is going to do a new stainless 338 can. Bet we’ll see some shorter 338 cans because of it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I am running mine with a YHM R9.  It's primarily a 9mm pistol can, but it is rated for rifle including 308 so long as the barrel is 16" or more.  I'm thinking I'm ok...but I did not ask YHM.  It's not super quiet with the bigger guns, but it's handy and built like a tank.

Update: Got out to the range today and shot through the 1st box of ammo I had.  Got a refined zero at 50yds which puts me about 2.5" high at 100yds.  Groups at 50yds were pretty solidly around .75MOA, while groups at 100 for more like 1.5-2.5MOA although I should note this was done with a 1.5x native magnification thermal scope so maybe not as precise as if I'd had a conventional scope mounted on it.  

They seem hot.  I didn't get to chrono them today though.  Recoil seemed pretty close to a 308.  Maybe just a bit more, but it could just be because this particular loading is stout (not sure).  They eject forward rather than straight out at 3 O'Clock.  Also had 3 failures to eject...basically stove pipes...I'm thinking the bolt is traveling fast and catching a few of the cases before they can get out of the way.  I might try to swap out an adjustable gas block to resolve this down the road.  Or just handload my own a little lighter at some point.  

Forgive the Point of Aim being in a weird place on the paper...I was aiming between two icepacks that were in ziplocks and spaced above and below the image you see.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you reload, then these bullets are what quite a few use in their ARs in .458 S for brick throwing projectiles.  I’ve never gotten good enough accuracy with cast bullets myself but I have never tried powder coated cast bullets.  However, 500 gr. RN or FMJ Hornady bullets as well as 400 gr. Barnes Burners hit like a SOB.  I don’t think I’d want to cross anything these three bullets wouldn’t put down, from big bears to engine blocks.
View Quote

I've never gotten super great accuracy out of traditional RN or FN subs, but Woodleigh 500gr Weldcore PPs shoot lights out and are shaped a lot more like a FMJ. That being said, I question whether I'll ever be able to get them again, let alone at less than $1/pop.

But these look really cool, and the price is a lot better than it probably should be. I'll give them a shot!
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but, WHAT suppressor should you be running with this thing????

I KNOW my 7.62/.308 would be a "ONE TIME USE", so I don't want to go there......
View Quote

I bought a Rex Silentium a few years ago in .338 specifically for this project. Reasonably priced can with modular rear end to run whatever mount you want (though we now need more M18 x 1.5 muzzle devices).
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Got the 8.6 out this weekend to test on some hogs using the 210gr Barnes TSXs.  

After this trip I now have about 40rds through the rifle.

Our group of 3 guys got 16+ hogs and I got at least 6 with the 8.6Blk.  

First one was a 200-210lb boar.  Slightly quartering towards me shoulder hit at about 75yds.  Through and through shot, double lung...good performance.  

Next was a small ~25lb pig broadside at about 100yds...destroyed the heart and darn near took off a front leg (actually blew part of the heart out and it was on the ground near where the pig was standing when hit.  Heavy blood trail.  Pretty happy with that one because the TSX seemed to have opened up quickly and had good expansion on such a small hog.  

Then the three of us got onto a group of about 15 hogs in an open wheat field.  We got 12 of those all together, it got chaotic and I'm not entirely sure how many I got (somehow I hit record twice and thus did not record that session)...but I for sure got a big sow with my first shot, and at least 2 or 3 more solid hits, plus a few more kill shots on others that were already partially down.  Very solid "thwack" when they got hit for sure.

Best I can tell, I got good exit wounds on all hogs I shot.

As a follow up to one of my earlier posts...during zero confirmation before this hunt (on site) I experienced another ugly jam (pic below)...so, about 4 jams total out of 40 shots.  Still feel like the gun is overly gassy, and is cycling too fast. Next time I tear it apart I might put an adjustable gas block on it.  At least during the hunts I had zero jams/issues.

Overall I feel like it is very similar in performance (recoil and tissue damage) to .308 when shooting supersonics.  Very happy with that.  I am looking forward to trying some subs since having that flexibility in a single rifle is what made me want to try this caliber out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Ammo sales to non-card holders at Gorilla just went live.

Edit:  Already gone.

I ordered two boxes of 288gr subs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Came here to post that too...went fast.  The subs were gone by the time I got online, but I was able to get 2 boxes of the 210gr Barnes...and then they were gone shortly too.  

Last night I found a place that had a hornady die set in stock so I have that coming in the mail...spendy though.  From dwilson mfg under their tool section.  $160 delivered.

I also ordered some 300gr SMKs and 210gr Barnes projectiles.  Looking forward to being able to load some of my own, but I really want to try some of the expanding subs...
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
It actually went live about ten seconds before 5pm.  I had my credit card number copied to paste into the field so I didn't waste time fat-fingering a string of numbers. I was checked out just a few seconds after 5:00.

I would be interested to know just how fast they sold out.  I'm betting within the first minute.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ammo sales to non-card holders at Gorilla just went live.

Edit:  Already gone.

I ordered two boxes of 288gr subs.
View Quote
I managed to get the two boxes of 288gr and two more of the 210 Barnes today. So when those arrive I will have 180 rounds on hand. The brass from those and what I shot so far should be a good start on reloading.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Got the die set today...just finished sizing and prepping some brass...will load with 300gr SMKs when they arrive tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Rifle is complete. Waiting for a thread adapter.  Ammo should be here tomorrow.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#46]
That shorty looks nice!  After getting mine I am really thinking I may want to do an 8" at some point now.

I loaded several subs today and test fired using the charge recommended by Faxon...they were subsonic and cycled my rifle fine.  

300gr SMK is longer than a case
Didn't take as much time tumbling the brass as I usually do so they aren't too pretty
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#47]
My dies are due to arrive on Friday, haven't got tracking for the 1680 powder I ordered, was hoping to start  reloading this weekend. I am going to try loading some Barnes 265 grain LRX I have on hand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Ammo arrived today.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Always a day late. Just ordered a barrel, hoping to find ammo or dies in stock soon.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Got two more hogs this weekend with 210gr TSXs.  Very happy with results.  Both exited and did well.  

Also got my handloaded 300gr SMK subs dailed in at 50yds.

Here is what one of those looks like after hitting a steel gong.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top