Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2017 1:12:25 AM EDT
Got this a few months ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it much. Did some OCW testing the other day and am happy with the results. I think the magic is in how the chamber is cut on this rifle. Anyway on to the deets. Rifle has about 80 rounds through it so far.

New Peterson Brass with SRP, CCI450's, H4350 and SMK140's.

Kinda hard to fit this thing in one pic

These were the first 20 rounds which were not too bad. I started out on the low end because I really didn't know where to start so literally went by the book. Plus the way the chamber is cut I wanted to keep an eye on the brass.

These were the next 20. My ocd kicked in and had to make a scope adjustment. Down 2moa and right 1/4. Managed to squeak out a .3moa so was really happy with that. Also only the faintest of pressure signs on the case head. Faint ejector swipe and I was in roughly 90 degree weather.

Tomorrow I'm trying to dial in the accuracy node. I have 40.0, 40.1, 40.2, 40.3 and 40.4 loaded up to try out. Probably also chrono these.

Oh and I highly recommend the PRS Gen 3 stock. Was unsure about it at first but that taper on the rear really helps you get set up on the bag nicely. Just move the rear bag forward or backwards ever so slightly to move your crosshairs up or down while shouldered. FWIW I was shooting bipod front and rear bag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very Nice !!

If you don't mind, I have some specific questions about the rifle.... Thanks ahead of time !

What buffer and spring ?

What is the recoil like ? ... does it feel over gassed at all ?

I just noticed the SLR gas block, was that installed OEM ?... what setting ?

Any idea as to the unloaded weight ?

( I have a 6.5CM Upper on the way... so I am trying to have anything else I might need on hand )
View Quote
Sure its a flat wire buffer spring (I think Strike) and just a regular rifle buffer. GAP does the SLR block as standard equipment,which is one of the reasons I chose them. I wouldn't say it feels over gassed but I do have only 3-4 clicks out from fully closed. It doesn't kick hard at all. Maybe a touch more than my Grendel. I think the weight of the gun helps tone down felt recoil.

Weight, I wish I would have weighed it before scope, can and everything else. Maybe 9-10lbs before scope, mag, can and etc. The barrel is the .875 gas block diameter. I'm a big fan of the .75GB for AR15 platform and I would not want a .75GB on a AR10 platform. The PRS gen 3 is heavy for a fixed stock in general but really balances out nicely on this rifle.

Hell now I'm gonna weigh it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well today was extra gay. Got all set up and got only one group out and then got called into work. Next day off is Sunday :/ anyway it started off on the right foot though. Oh and weights below.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top