BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 5:12:09 PM EDT
Hey All,

I'm looking to upgrade Piggy Popper Ver 2.0

We have a number of 5.56 ARs, so we want to do all possible to make it known this is NOT a 5.56 / .223 rifle.

I've seen Palmetto State Armory has the Ejection Port Covers marked "WARNING - 7.62x39 Russian"  But it is only on marked on the OUTSIDE.  You can see the warning when the ejection port is shut, but not when it is open / down.

So if a group of us are shooting at the table, and someone not familiar with the idea of non 5.56 ARS, comes along, they might put a conventional 5.56 AR magazine in and @#$%&*.

Does anyone make a Ejection Port Cover marked clearly "Warning 7.62X39" or something similar on BOTH Sides?

Thanks (in Advance!) for any and all help in this.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Here

I made mine here.  On one half i put 7.62 and then X39 on the other.  Both sides
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from them a few times:

SquirrelDaddy
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've ordered from them a few times:

SquirrelDaddy
View Quote
Awesome!  Exactly what I was looking for ScoutH57 .

AND they don't Clobber you on shipping either!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Ordered. I was eyeing the PSA also, I like this one better.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered. I was eyeing the PSA also, I like this one better.
View Quote
The PSA is only marked on the outside, Vs. the other options marked on BOTH sides of the Door...
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If you get $35 worth of other stuff from Squirrel Daddy, try code FREECOVER1 to add a free dust cover.

It was on a promo card they sent me with my last order, can't swear that it will work.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool.   I don't think I need a lot more, and I was impressed that Squirrel Daddy is only $1.50 or less to ship the cover, instead of some places that all seem to have a minimum shipping and handling of $10 no matter how small a part your buy...
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered several from Squirrel Daddy and was very pleased with the service.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Stephen Lubecki, Dr. Dustcover, can give you anything you want on a dustcover, inside, outside, or both, for about $20.  He does all my custom engraving and as far as I am concerned, no need to look for anyone else.

lslubecki(at)yahoo.com
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I had know about these when I put together some of my uppers. I don't quite feel like removing the barrel to redo them, but I just might over a rainy weekend. One I did get only has it on the outside, which is only ok until you are actually using the rifle at the range.

Here's another great company that carries them: JSE Surplus

http://www.jsesurplus.com/JSECustomEngravedEjectionPortCoverAssembly.aspx
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been thinking about doing similar with mine-have also seen charging handles engraved with caliber markings. Not sure if I'm going to go that route(if I find them again) or the dustcover.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine from Squirrel Daddy and I am very happy with it.

Steve........
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Look up a man named Dr. DustCover. He does super nice work.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top