Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 12:13:33 AM EDT
Which 6.5 Grendel magazines have users been going with and been happy with?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
E-lander is the best
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had good success with the 10 round ACS CPD and E-Landers, but the 17 round E-Landers  have given me double feeds occasionally and an occasional nose-dive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats up with the grendel and nonstop shityy mags? I want to get into the caliber but everytime i want to all i see i mag probs
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I own only Alexander Arms 4- and 10-round steel mags.  I don't shoot a ton through them, but they've never caused a problem.

I see they're selling E-lander mags now as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 acs 5 rounders(or 4) they work well.  I have a 25 round ACS that will jam on me from time to time, its not horrible but its every third mag or so.  I have a 20 round cpd mag that has been good for me as well.   I personally like the 20 cpd mag the best as its pretty compact but I have heard others have had issues with them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
CPD gets my vote.

Had a 10 round e-lander that shipped with an AA 18" upper come apart at the spot-welds.

CPD feeds easier, loads easier, and doesn't mark the brass as much.

My experience is exclusively with the 5 and 10 round magazines.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 3 AR stoners and was having a problem with the bolt skimming the top of the round. Slightly upward tweak of the mag lips and they are running 100% now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the 13 rd e-landers, but I only load about 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have 2 17 rd, and 3 24 rd E-Landers and I've had  zero problems. My friend picked up 4 or 5  AR stoner branded 10 rounders, all of them run but 3 had to have the feed lips tweaked, and 1 needed them stoned (they were really rough)

Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for the E-Landers here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
If you decide on E-landers from AA call before placing an order and confirm what they have in stock. I waited two weeks on back order and called when they said the next shipment would be in, just to find out I didn't make the cut for that shipment and would have to wait another 6 weeks for the next one and no guarantee my number would be filled by that shipment.

This was for the high capacity mags, I cancelled and opted for the 13 rds they had in stock. 

Just and FYI if you need your mags soon.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you decide on E-landers from AA call before placing an order and confirm what they have in stock. I waited two weeks on back order and called when they said the next shipment would be in, just to find out I didn't make the cut for that shipment and would have to wait another 6 weeks for the next one and no guarantee my number would be filled by that shipment.

This was for the high capacity mags, I cancelled and opted for the 13 rds they had in stock. 

View Quote
Lol I’m currently backordered for the high capacity mags. Not too big of a deal to me since they wait until the order is processed to charge you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol I’m currently backordered for the high capacity mags. Not too big of a deal to me since they wait until the order is processed to charge you.
View Quote
I needed some sooner than 9 weeks so I went with what was available and now I'm glad I did. The 13 rd mags work great and don't get in the way while in the prone with my bipod like a fulls mag would have.

AA website doesn't state if the mags are in stock or not but still allow you to complete your order, my post was meant as a heads up in case the OP needs mags sooner.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the responses all, i appreciate the feedback
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 4 15round ASC mags and they all work flawlessly. I've never had a ftf.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a bunch of C-Products 5, 10, and 28 round magazines.  With the 28 round magazines, I can't get 28 in but down load to 26 rounds so it clicks easily on a closed bolt.  The 5 and 10 rounds were a bit stiff at first but break in quite well after loading them for a few days and shooting them repeatedly.  I have put hundreds of rounds through my 10 and 5 rounders without any issues.  Even steel case works with all of the magazines without an issue.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Welcome to doing business with AA.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope the E-landers work good cuase I got some on back order.
I didn't know the Grendel was having such a big issue with magaziines.
I should have mine built in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like with increasing popularity of the Grendel round that Magpul might start getting interested in it. One can hope.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seems like with increasing popularity of the Grendel round that Magpul might start getting interested in it. One can hope.
View Quote
The problem with plastic mag for the Grendal is the same as the 6.8, the mag is too fat and you need a special lower.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#21]
The springs in the e-lander mags seem a little weak. Most of the time it's fine but I have noticed if I have a bunch of dirty rounds that have been at the bottom of the magazine for a while shooting suppressed, the mags struggle to feed the rounds. This was only with 24 rounders, never a problem with the 17 round mag.

I've never noticed that being a problem at all with 5.56 Pmags or GI mags.

I will say the feed lips on the E-Landers seem to hold the rounds at a perfect angle for reliable feeding. They have more of a nose-up attitude in the mag than, for instance, the ASC magazines.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Almost all my rounds through the C-products magazines listed above are suppressed and I have yet to clean them.  I'm shooting both Grendels with a DA Sandman S and L.  I have not had any sluggish issues with them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve been using c products 7.62x39 magazines and they work perfectly loaded all the way up to 30 rounds.

I have 3 30’s and 3 10 rounders, all work great.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope the E-landers work good cuase I got some on back order.
I didn't know the Grendel was having such a big issue with magaziines.
I should have mine built in a few weeks.
View Quote
When Grendel first was introduced, there were some major issues with Quality Control from the old C Products on feed lips.  One would be angled up, the other would be perpendicular to the magazine body at a 90° angle.

Those wouldn't feed from the straight lip side, of course, but they were a small % of the mags in circulation.

Another problem was that instead of fulfilling the specs Bill A. made for a curved 15rd-17rd mag, they sent AA pallets of straight 17rd mags, which would not feed more than 5-7 rounds from the magazine before FTFeed.

AA never carried the straight 15rd mags for that reason, and rejected the pallets after testing them.

Instead of destroying or recycling those mags, they ended up at Midway and 44mag.com (both very reputable distributors), and many of us ordered them, not knowing that they should have never been born.

Aside from those, most of the magazines have actually worked well.  I never had any magazine problems other than those straight 15rd mags, and one pre-production 17rd Elander that nose-dived on me from a bolt catch load procedure, which I reported to AA before they pulled the trigger on the production Elanders.

There's another Grendel magazine in development right now that is going to make a lot of people happy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's another Grendel magazine in development right now that is going to make a lot of people happy.
View Quote
You fuckin tease.

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I've heard of guys using 6.8 mags with Grendel with success.  Wonder if the PRI mags would work?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Any time frame?  Would they be an unfair advantage?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lancer mags have a metal upper body to go into the mag well with the polymer lower body. That would allow a slightly longer OAL and more room for the fatter cartridge vs a full plastic mag. I could be wrong...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lancer mags have a metal upper body to go into the mag well with the polymer lower body. That would allow a slightly longer OAL and more room for the fatter cartridge vs a full plastic mag. I could be wrong...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have contacted Lancer about making Grendel mags, especially now that Wold Steel case has been on the market for several years.

I would love to see mags from them, and would support initiating group financing on the front end of it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#30]
IO have 3 E-Lander mags,2 10 and 1 17--no problems also several ACS mags no problem. Lancers would be sweet! I can use the 10 round Lancers with my 5.45x39 even tho they are the 223/556.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought 5 of the 17 rd E Landers with my LaRue build kit. It's still early, but no issues yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've heard of guys using 6.8 mags with Grendel with success.  Wonder if the PRI mags would work?
View Quote
Can't say specific to PRI, but D&H 6.8spc 25rnd mags will feed and work with about 5-6 6.5G rounds before bullet tip orientation goes wrong.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can't say specific to PRI, but D&H 6.8spc 25rnd mags will feed and work with about 5-6 6.5G rounds before bullet tip orientation goes wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had some luck with 6.8 CPd magazines.  
No problems feeding 6.5 so far, loaded as many will fit in them.  
The older stainless 28 rnders.  
Did order some Stoner 6.5 mags and they seem awfully flimsy. Guess I'll see.  
Are the Stoner mags asc?  I think I read that on here.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I use my 15 round asc mags the most. My e landers work great too but keep the asc’s in my range bag
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top