Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2017 11:49:02 AM EDT
Will a magpul moe mid handguard fit the cheap 18 inch stainless barrel PSA 308 gen 2 upper?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so.

The MagPul has heat shields that follow the barrel diameter very closely.

The .308 bbl is much thicker, so the heatshields won't slide over the barrel unless you bend then out, then back in to mate with the handguards.

I hope someone at MagPul will remind them that this is a hot market to tap, just need to tweak the heat shield spacing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well they sell them with the handguards already installed so either they do fit or they are modifying them to fit

They used to anyway.  Mine came with one before I installed a free float.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well they sell them with the handguards already installed so either they do fit or they are modifying them to fit

They used to anyway.  Mine came with one before I installed a free float.
View Quote
Could You tell me What Brand AR-10s came MagPuls on it?

The MagPul MOE won't fit RRA LAR-8 or PSA PA-10 I can tell you that...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could You tell me What Brand AR-10s came MagPuls on it?

The MagPul MOE won't fit RRA LAR-8 or PSA PA-10 I can tell you that...
View Quote
My PA-10 upper I bought 2 years ago came with MOE handguards.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen them with MagPul MOE furniture on the Grip & Stock...

not sure how they would get it on the 7.62 bbl without bending the heatshields somehow.

Maybe the Gen 1 PA-10s had an A2 profile or ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've seen them with MagPul MOE furniture on the Grip & Stock...

not sure how they would get it on the 7.62 bbl without bending the heatshields somehow.

Maybe the Gen 1 PA-10s had an A2 profile or ??
View Quote
I have a gen 1 PA10. It is free floated, but the barrel is not much thicker than a ar15 barrel. It is .750 all the way through. The MOE handguards work, just make sure to know if you have a round or triangle endcap. The newer magpul moe sl use a round cap in a middy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Just pulled the handguards. My new as of last month psa 18 inch barrel (cheap upper) measures 1.2 inches in diameter the first couple of inches.

Looks like a magpul handguard could be made to fit. I have a carbine length one i tried. But the heat shields will touch the barrel and half to be bent back in (around the barrel) for the upper piece to fit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got a Magpul MOE mid-length handguard (M-Lok "old style" non-SL) and installed them on my PSA PA-10 (Gen2) middy upper. The fit was a bit on the tight side, but I got them on with no mods needed. I was glad those worked. My back up option was going to be the B5 drop in keymod, which im not a fan of (they are fine but 2 skinny). Getting the MOEs to work was perfect for my OD Green\Black color pattern I was going for. Once I add an OD Green SOPMOD, it should be done. Just a side note, the PSA PA-10 (Gen2) upper I got is a "newer" one (got it late Sept 2017). That may (or may not) have had something to do with how well it fit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just pulled the handguards. My new as of last month psa 18 inch barrel (cheap upper) measures 1.2 inches in diameter the first couple of inches.

Looks like a magpul handguard could be made to fit. I have a carbine length one i tried. But the heat shields will touch the barrel and half to be bent back in (around the barrel) for the upper piece to fit.
View Quote
mine is also 1.2" for the first 1.4"and then transitions to .750" under the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I used the new BCM drop in poly keymod handguards on my PA-10.  Worked great.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
How I did it for my Armalite.  Pretty easy.

Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't cut mine. A little bend and it fits.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top