Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2017 4:26:13 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experiences with Adams Arms warranty services that they can give me their experience on?

I sent my rifle into Adams Arms over 2 months ago per their recommendation. I have not received a status update in over a month now. The last two weeks I have been trying to call and email them to get an update, but have not gotten a response. I'm seriously getting concerned about not hearing anything back. Can someone else who has had an experience with them speak to whether this is normal or not?

Here's some details about what was going on for those who care:

about 3 months ago I had finally saved up enough to buy their 308 battle rifle. Prior to firing it I was inspecting everything, and during that process I was unable to extract a chambered round with the charging handle. I had the same issue with various rounds and brands of ammunition. Even hitting the butt stock on the ground while pulling on the charging handle was not enough to jar the round loose. The only way I was able to get a round out was by pushing with a steel tube down the end of the barrel. Because of this, I was not comfortable firing it until it was inspected. I contacted Adams Arms and told them what was going on, and that I had not even fired the gun yet, so they had me send it in to them. I was notified that it could take 4-8 weeks for the return. I thought 8 weeks was them covering themselves for worst case scenarios. We're now going on 10 weeks. Is that amount of turnaround time and lack or response normal for them? I'm seriously getting paranoid about this. I had been saving for this thing for over a year, and I'm not someone who can just afford to go out and replace something like that on a whim.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
So, after mortaring the rifle, you drove a steel rod down the rifle?

The rifle had a chambered round in it?

It was not fully chambered if this method worked.

I think you should be happy that you are intact. Your actions could have maimed or killed you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Douv,

You did correctly identify that your rifle was having a problem. A round would not fully enter the chamber, and it was not locking closed on a chambered round.

Sending it back to the manufacturer, as you did, is the correct response.

Now it is a matter of patience. Hopefully, the communication will improve and you will be reassured, even if it takes longer for the repaired rifle to be sent back.

DB
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
PS

Welcome to the forum.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you very much! Glad to be apart of it!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, makes sense, thank you! That's probably what I needed to hear, I guess I'm having a hard time being patient after getting all giddy for a new rifle ;-)
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
adams arms is a stand up company. If you are having issues with their CS that is unusual.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
That's what I found in my research prior to purchasing the rifle. I guess that's why I've gotten concerned when that hasn't been my experience this far. Hopefully that changes. Thanks for your feedback!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I did finally get a response, of course it's a couple of days after I post this, probably should've just waited. But since Adams Arms did finally get back to me, I want to post this in case this has an impact on someone's decision in the future.

I was informed that all of their 308 RMA's are being upgraded to their new redesigned 308 piston system which includes a new barrel, gas block, gas plug, drive rod, and bolt.

The updated return timeframe is approximately thanksgiving, which means I'll be unarmed for Antifa's proclaimed civil war not to mention I won't get to use this for hunting this year like I was wanting to .
The time this thing has been in the shop is not cool (3-4 months), but at least they're going the extra mile to make sure are things are taken care of properly and working.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My friends just went back for the 3rd time. He has owned it for 2 years and has shot less than 30 rounds though it. Last time he got it back (3 or 4 months ago) they had installed a new barrel, bolt, piston, etc. Wasn't even able to put 15 rounds down range before it shit the bed again. Hell, it has been at Adams Arms more than it has been in his safe. Hope you have better luck then him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I messed my 308 up it was all me!!  they fixed it free and updated it free to the latest design FREE!!  but it took them 5 months. the rifle is 100% now no matter what ammo or mag!!  they do ya right!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top