Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 4:20:10 PM EDT
I have been searching around and found 2 vortex flash hiders for dpms rifles with different lengths.  Both are threaded the same.  can anyone tell me if they have one on their SASS and which one it is.  Also....did u use the original washer or discard it and go with no washer?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a SASS but it is a .308,  you get the idea...

No washer required, it snugs itself against the shoulder.

ETA: the 1000V and the 1000V-N are probably the two you are talking about, but they are the same size.  The only difference is the thread depth, i used a 1000V.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
thats the info i was looking for......nice rifle.  do you know why they have different thread depths, and advertise they both fit dpms rifles
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

thats the info i was looking for......nice rifle.  do you know why they have different thread depths, and advertise they both fit dpms rifles

Noveske 6.8 barrels have a shorter thread length i believe, similar to most DPMS .308 barrels.

Not really sure what the shallower threads accomplish on the -N Vortex though...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Created for Gemtech's HVT/Quicksand, I didn't use any washers:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd probably go with This One Not sure why the DPMS threading is a shallower .625", but apparently the .730" depth is Mil-Spec.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You are correct.  I actually talked to Mr. Smith on the the phone today and he said that the Noveske and DPMS use the shorter thread length.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top