Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:32:49 PM EDT
I have searched and I can't seem to my answer, but does anyone know of a recoil pad to replace the hard plastic buttplate on the standard buttstock.  Midway has one, but the reviews are horrible.  

Thanks,
Doc
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've replaced the checkered A2 buttplate with a smooth A1 buttplate.  For me the checkering is much too sharp and the smooth one solved it for me.  I am unaware of a soft rubber buttplate as a direct replacement for the GI fixed stock.  There may be one, but I haven't seen one.  HTH
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe John Madsen company makes one, and there's another outfit that makes one, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.  I've also read that buttpads fitted for the Ruger M77 will fit an A2 stock nicely.  I want to go the same route as you, replacing the checkered pad with something more suitable, but I haven't been in any hurry to get 'er done.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I use some closed cell foam and that Afghan looking McNett wrap crap.  It adds a little length, but is totally worth it.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top