Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:04:55 PM EDT
Weather co-operated Sunday so I was finally able to take my 6.8 to the range to test handloads.  I had 4 loads made up.  Three loads were with the 90 grain Sierra HP in front of 25, 25.2 and 25.5 grains of IMR 4198  the OAL of these was 2.255".  The last load was the Hornady 100 grain soft point in front of 23.6 grains of IMR 4198. OAL was 2.260".  Primer in all loads was the Winchester large rifle.  The cases are RP.

The 25 grain and 25.2 grain loads were nothing to get worked up over.  The 25.5 grain load grouped 1.130" @ 100 yards.  THe 100 grain Hornady in front of 23.6 grains turned in the best results with a .600" group @ 100.  Four rounds went into .323" and a flyer opened it to .600".  Niether of these bullets have a crimp groove and I had chambering problems, ie, bullet being pushed back into the case when chambering.  I've ordered some of the Remington 115 grain match HP's to try.  I'm really impressed, these were the first 20 rounds fired through the new upper.  The upper is a M1S A2 with 16" barrel.

Tom
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top