Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:11:58 AM EDT
My dpms 308 did not work out of the box with pretty much any ammo. I tried federal, black hills, mil surplus etc. All would jam every 4-5 shot. I tried 4 different mags and still had the same problem.

I sent it to dpms for repair which aggravated me as it was a brand new rifle. They have had it 3 weeks now and have not started working on it yet. They are nice when I call but I get the same answer of end of the week or first of next week. Hmm, ok you an only say that so many times.

I would think they would be anxious to fix a new rifle that would not work out of the box and make a customer happy. I'll give them another week then ask for a refund. Seems fair to me.

I have another 308 on order (13 weeks now) but I think I'll cancel it (thru my dealer of course)

Ron
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
DPMS will take care of you it only takes alittle time, How many rounds have you pushed thru the tube? Look at the posts for feed problems, I had a feed problem on the first 200 rnds and fixed it myself by doing just abit of polishing and cleaning, DPMS makes a very high quality rifle in my opinion and will make it right
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I had DPMS buld me a 18" heavy barrel on the new receiver with forward assist and dust cover.  From the box, I never had one malfunction.  With a Mueller Tac II scope I am getting sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

Then I got cocky and decided it would look "cool" with an adjustable stock on it.  After I stuck one on I started having failure to extract problems.  Seemed as if the bolt was not coming back far enough.  Checked the gas system and all seemed well.  Then stuck the factory stock back on and my problems disappered.

Over 1000 rounds now with no malufnctions other than the ones I had with the adjustable stock installed.

The rifle is a good one, and the company is great.  This contributes to your problem because they are having trouble keeping up with production.  Hang in there a little longer.  They will make it right.  You will then have the best buy in the .308 market.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent mine back due to failure to feed problems when I switched from the older Polymer mags to the newer Steel mags.

It took about 4 weeks to get mine fixed and returned.

I am sure that due to both popularity and war support efforts that DPMS is getting slammed and stretched.

Having been there, I can tell you it is frustrating and the wait is hell, but hang in there and it should be worth the wait.

Good Luck,
"Capt Richardson"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The DPMS guys are OK.  They'll take care of whatever is wrong with it.  Good guys.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, dumb question time, is the DPMS warranty a lifetime warranty?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I had to send mine back too. It took around 2 months, but I had them do some other things to it while they had it. Now it is 100% even with some suplus ammo, and alot moore acurate than I am.

James
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top