Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:29:17 AM EDT
I have an Armalite NM trigger assembly.  

I looked closely at the LMT trigger assembly on Adco's site and it appear the two are alike.

I am willing to bet that Armalite buys them from LMT.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
why not the other way around? they have had NM triggers for some time now where as LMT has had been more traditionaly geared towards socom and full auto stuff
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
you may be correct.

I was just basing my assumption on pricing.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
well they could be, but with this case i think that the 2 stage NM trigger in uestion may have been a model that the patents expired on and a few diffrent companies are using,  befor i gotrid of my armalite triggera few years ago i noticed the RRA was essentially the same trigger as well,

you never know,?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the Armalite and LMT are machined  while the RRA is'nt or at least at first was not machined. The Armalite and LMT could be the same trigger. I remember a few years ago it was confirmed at first the AR-10 receivers were made by LMT. So who knows...?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]
If you actually goto the ArmaLite web site, read the history. ArmaLite and LMT have had a history since 1989.

There has to be some perc's in doing buisness for that long.

Pat
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I definitely know that the current RRA trigger is different than the Armalite/LMT trigger.

I have both a RRA & an Armalite.

The design of the RRA is better in terms of the disconnector.  The RRA has more allowable disconnector travel, while the Armalite, showed the opposite.  The Armalite does not have enough disconnector travel.

On the Armalite, there isn't enough room  for the disconnect to move rearwards.  The disconnector bottoms out on the trigger before the disconnector can pivot around and catch the hammer.  If the disconnect bottoms out on the trigger and the hammer still needs to come rearwards, then it is going to push the trigger out towards your finger.  Not a good design IMO.  This of course would occur when you fire a round and still have the trigger held rearward. You would not detect this if you forgot to function test it with the trigger back.

The RRA on the other hand has about twice the avaialble room for the disconnector to move rearwards.  This allows for proper function.

The Geissele is also different from the other 3 and appears that it would have enough disconnector travel for proper function.  

If you look at pics of these models you will see the noticable difference in disconnector setups between the RRA, Geissel, & LMT/Armalite.  

Would you folks with Armalite and LMT triggers care to function test with your trigger back and report your results?

Function test - unloadered firearm, manually cycle the action, dryfire the weapon and keep the trigger held back.  With the tigger still held back, grab the charging handle and manually cycle the action again.  Did the tigger push back on your finger?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#7]
i can do the test on my knights triggers if your interested, dont have any armalte triggers anymore
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It would hurt to have the result of your KAC either.

Maybe we can put together a NM trigger sticky thread if we get lot of reponses.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Randall,

Thank you for the reply.  

From my experience, even with the upper installed and manually cycling the bolt, you will encounter the same thing....trigger pushing against your finger.

I hope other will reply.  I would like to see if it is a design flaw or a bad batch.  
My feeling is that it is a design flaw.  The whole disconnector setup is poor.

RRA is definitely better and has double the disconnector clearance.

The Geiselle looks like the nicest design I have seen yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I missed this thread.  Just got a LMT two-stage and will have to check.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top