Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT
So I have never really paid much attention to AR10's.  Well the other day I came across this Armalite AR-10 and I fell in love.  Is this true love or just lust w/ a price tag. You guys be the judge.  Here is the equipment list:

AR10 flat top w/carrying handle 95%
w/STS HB SS 16" barrel and FS
Carbon fiber free float
harris bipod
Pelican case
7 mags.

The guy and the shop has the case out in the warehouse and the tag on the gun states "ton of accessories"  I 'm assuming that includes some of which I listed above.  He wouldn't get the case unless I was serious.  Final price tage $1795.00

So what do you think about that price?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold up Nelly.  A month ago i picked up a AR-10BA4 with the Armalite mount, a cheap scope and a mag for about $900.  Lots of room for goodies with another $900.  Better be some nice accessories as the things you mentioned don't have too much value used.  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Not so fast Kemosabe. I built mine for <$800.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Isnt the red light suppose to be the bottom light?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Price is not far out of line given the accessories - the guy who indicated he built his Armalite AR10 for under $800 is full of pucky. I would question if you really want a 16" barrel on your 308 rifle as it makes it a very specialized tool and a new upper will be about $800 shipped or more for a "T". Check to make sure all the mags are Armalite USGI factory mods or the new Armalite factory mags as they would be worth $30- $35 each.  I would see you getting the package for more like $1650 ish because of the short barrel.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Price is not far out of line given the accessories - the guy who indicated he built his Armalite AR10 for under $800 is full of pucky.

Ok, pucky. You need to IM tumbleweed, MOGWAR and AJohnston, all arfcommers, who sold me everything I needed to complete Hillary.

And if that ends up being too damn hard, you can just ask in WA HTF, everyone there has shot her and knows her by name.

And then you can come back in this thread and apologize, right before you kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
cabin fiber FF rail is standard
harris bipod is about 75 pelican case is aboubt 150
mags are around 250 for seven
carrying handle is around 120

rifle alone i would say is worth about a grand since its used

i would offer 1600, and if he says no, tell him ok and build it for around 1200

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cabin fiber FF rail is standard - I believe that the Armalite FF forends are fiberglass on Carbon Fiber
harris bipod is about 75 pelican case is aboubt 150
mags are around 250 for seven
carrying handle is around 120

rifle alone i would say is worth about a grand since its used

i would offer 1600, and if he says no, tell him ok and build it for around 1200

What is the round count
Is it an A4 or a 10T
If the mags are conversions, they may or may not function reliabely.

If all is on up and up, that is not a bad price
Though there was a dealer not to long ago selling NIB 10T's for under $1600
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Red light on bottom?
Er, even where they drive on the left the red light is on the top.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Price is not far out of line given the accessories - the guy who indicated he built his Armalite AR10 for under $800 is full of pucky. I would question if you really want a 16" barrel on your 308 rifle as it makes it a very specialized tool and a new upper will be about $800 shipped or more for a "T". Check to make sure all the mags are Armalite USGI factory mods or the new Armalite factory mags as they would be worth $30- $35 each.  I would see you getting the package for more like $1650 ish because of the short barrel.

So you obviously OWN the shop that hamptonyellowdog found the AR10 in.

IF it is a 10(T) as it sounds like, Quantico Arms lists them at $1,800.00 brand new.

Armalite mags are $40 each new

plus the math on all the other accessories.  

It's no "screaming deal", but if you can confirm it to be a 10(T), and you really LOVE it, and can AFFORD it, then walk in with cash and see if you can get him to go a hundred or two lower.

If you can live without the (T), you can find cheaper elsewhere.

I just bought an Eagle Arms AR10(T) for $800 out the door (No "pucky").

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just bought an Eagle Arms AR10(T) for $800 out the door (No "pucky").

So you can buy one for 800 but I cant build one..........I notice Mr pucky hasnt reported back in again........

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Isnt the red light suppose to be the bottom light?

ummm only if you're drunk and have turned over your vehicle. . .
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey  CAV VET,
Do you have any more of them AR10 parts.  Everywhere I look and add up the cost,  I'm in it for at least 1200 to 1500.  I would like to have a good AR10 but would still like to keep my left nut and my leg in the deal

Quoted:

www.roadmasterinc.com/img_x/tips-brakingsys_image.jpg

Not so fast Kemosabe. I built mine for <$800.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey  CAV VET,
Do you have any more of them AR10 parts.  Everywhere I look and add up the cost,  I'm in it for at least 1200 to 1500.  I would like to have a good AR10 but would still like to keep my left nut and my leg in the deal

Nope, sorry. The only thing I can tell you is to shop it out and network your ass off.

I got all but three things from local ARFCOMMERs, and all of that was stuff they either didnt want or didnt need. Trading and friends dumping is your friend on a project like this.

I admit, my AR10 build is like Stickmans SP1 purchase, an anomaly, but it can happen. Patience and friends are your best ally in this arena.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#14]
This past year while I was out at "Camp Perry" I helped a person pick parts and build an AR10 for around $800 to $900.

Granted most of the parts had minor blemishes or something that was seen but didn't harm the functioning of it.

He came by ArmaLite's place again and said it shot great.

So it can be done if your in the right place at the right time.

Pat
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Well after all of the advice I went back to haggle the price and the gun was gone.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top