Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
delete double tap
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then make one for the market yourself and show them how it's properly done then.
View Quote

I dont recall ever saying there was anything wrong with their design.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I dont recall ever saying there was anything wrong with their design.

https://i.imgur.com/zqSzWJV.jpg
View Quote

You complained about the price. When saying "show them how it's done" was directed at you to make the same thing for much less than they were wanting for their product.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You complained about the price. When saying "show them how it's done" was directed at you to make the same thing for much less than they were wanting for their product.
View Quote

I never complained about their price lol, what post? As Cliff knows, I actually tried ordering one for nearly a year. lol, your talking abut things you dont know about.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I never complained about their price lol, what post? As Cliff knows, I actually tried ordering one for nearly a year. lol, your talking abut things you dont know about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Okay buddy, sure thing.

*about

Quoted:

Yeah thats Rob, as in rob you? lol and his machinist buddy thats to busy working on other projects that "keeps the lights on" and to busy now to make the jigs!  

SEMPER FI my @ss!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Okay buddy, sure thing.

*about

View Quote

Again you dont know what your talking about, that "robbing" is NOT about the price, its about taking peoples money and not producing product and giving the ongoing excuse his machinist buddy is to busy working on more improtant projects. That kind of robbing. Make sense now? Let me guess your one of those that always have to get in the last word, have at it.

For the record I got my money back, we all straight, but I paid with PayPal, I had some protection, but was not going to wait till the time limit on the protection expired, (and maybe get robbed) others (on this fourm) who paid with a check "may" be "rob"ed. Note I said may be.  Gesus Harold Krist, I cant even believe I am having to explain this.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
For the recod I think that jig is a GREAT product, and probably labor intesive to make and well worth the asking price.

My only complaint is they take your money, knowing they have no jigs, then months later when you ask for an update you get attitude and the same old excuse about how his machinist buddy is busy on more important projects that keeps the lights on. Direct qoute.

I never asked for an update less than 4 weeks apart, thats not unreasonable.

They shouldnt be taking peoples money with no ETA on shipping when they know its going to be 3-6 months at the earliest to deliver if at all.

I did get ALL of my money back but only because I was prepared to file a paypal dispute, others who paid differently may not have such leverage, and could get "rob"ed, he tried shorting me 11 dollars of my original payment because he didnt know how PayPal refund works. Im not a poor and 11 dollars is peanuts, but it was the principle of the matter.

He did refund my entire amount but with a snotty email.

As for the gun store he works in, I have spent 9000+ dollars in there the past 18 months, but probably will not be going back, my choice. When you walk in the front door you are immediately greeted with huge shouts of F bombs from this guy from the back. Not my style to talk like that and I really dont like hearing it in a retail store with my 15 year old daughter with me.

If you paid with cash, check or MO, I hope you get your jigs, and if you ever do I will be jealous lol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
JFC.  Dude shoulda changed his name to ThreadKiller instead
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and patiently waiting for this jig, it's an awesome design. OTDR isn't making stuff up here, both me and him have been waiting since about the end of last year when we sent payment to be in on the second run of these jigs.

I've not wanted to say anything about it since it hasn't panned out yet.

And from the latest update given, Chad (SOTAR) is wanting to outfit all his student benches with these... So they must be pretty great.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JFC.  Dude shoulda changed his name to ThreadKiller instead
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered the NcStar version. Any bets on whether it'll hold up to 40 ft lbs?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
That is not really that much. I would be more worried about the wrench I used not slipping off at 40 ft lbs than the jig. I watched the video people mentioned and it looked like the wrench slipped off the nut at the end as it was being tightened.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It might get you lined up, but I think you better be holding on to the stock when you torque it down
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

We will know tomorrow lol, as mine shows out for delivery on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Where did you order from?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Where did you order from?
View Quote

email this guy, tell him what you want the new lower receiver vise block, he was fast and great to work with, and Your Welcome!

His name is Don Nelson email address below. He will send you a PayPal invoice, he shipped mine the next day. Tracking # says out for delivery today , I will post a video review tonight if it arrives.  $38.00 shipped , the price may be the giveaway, cheap chinese junk? About to find out lol.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Tool arrived today, I was totally expecting to be disappointed, but am truly shocked what I got for $38.00 shipped via paypal.

40# feet of torque no issue, perfecty aligned. No flex, no binding, nothing. Tool is super solid. To be honest, I am stunned.

I have used, seen, held in my hand and posted pix of the Rob Shepherd tool. This tool works just as good and is 10X less the cost.

It works perfectly. I will be buying another one at this price. A full video review on my Youtube channel later tonight but here are a couple of pix.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tool arrived today, I was totally expecting to be disappointed, but am truly shocked what I got for $38.00 shipped via paypal.

40# feet of torque no issue, perfecty aligned. No flex, no binding, nothing. Tool is super solid. To be honest, I am stunned.

I have used, seen, held in my hand and posted pix of the Rob Shepherd tool. This tool works just as good and is 10X less the cost.

It works perfectly. I will be buying another one at this price. A full video review on my Youtube channel later tonight but here are a couple of pix.

https://i.imgur.com/j88V4ks.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Fu4pgzh.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  Mine should be shipping today.  I was on the fence for the more expensive jig and still might buy one if it ever goes into regular production, but after hearing about the current delays I'm glad I waited.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nice!  Mine should be shipping today.  I was on the fence for the more expensive jig and still might buy one if it ever goes into regular production, but after hearing about the current delays I'm glad I waited.
View Quote

Yep, I just emailed that guy to buy another one at $38.00 shipped. They also put some type of protectve strip in the buffer tube mount, I guess to prevent scratches, and the 3 thumb screws are of high quality and greased. Freakin CHI-COMS hit a grandslam on this one, ............especially at this price.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I'm surprised...

I still probably wouldn't buy one because I'd wonder how well it would hold up to repeated use, but the fact that it held up even once is pretty amazing honestly.

People that actually torque things to the spec isn't exactly NcStar's market.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well I'm surprised...

I still probably wouldn't buy one because I'd wonder how well it would hold up to repeated use. But the fact that it held up even once is pretty amazing honestly.
View Quote

Its rock solid, repeated use I see as no problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm surprised...

I still probably wouldn't buy one because I'd wonder how well it would hold up to repeated use. But the fact that it held up even once is pretty amazing honestly.

Just nutz!

Can't wait for the video.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just nutz!

View Quote

Here ya go, made this in a rush to get something up as I was told by the NcSTAR vendor I got the first unit.

NcSTAR AR-15 Lower Receiver Vice Block Review
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Here ya go, made this in a rush to get something up as I was told by the NcSTAR vendor I got the first unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIZDqCv2u6I
View Quote
What camera are you using? That thing takes amazing video!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What camera are you using? That thing takes amazing video!
View Quote

iPhone XR lol,
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just nutz!

Nice! They should send you the second one free just for getting the video up so quick. And it's a good review, they'll probably sell a boatload of these things because of that.

I have to admit that it was quite the clash seeing a Snap-On torque wrench together in the same video with a NcStar product.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#29]
The price of $38 shipped is no longer correct.  He had to up the price and it is now $46.99 shipped.  He said he had not figured in enough on the first units and had to raise the price to cover costs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Just emailed him, cant wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nice! They should send you the second one free just for getting the video up so quick. And it's a good review, they'll probably sell a boatload of these things because of that.

I have to admit that it was quite the clash seeing a Snap-On torque wrench together in the same video with a Chinese product.
View Quote

Fixed it
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The price of $38 shipped is no longer correct.  He had to up the price and it is now $46.99 shipped.  He said he had not figured in enough on the first units and had to raise the price to cover costs.
View Quote

Yes thats correct, but still worth the extra 9 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]
This jig is designed to work with both commerical and mil spec buffer tubes. The support for the buffer tube is adjustable up or down to match buffer tube diameter and tolerance stacking. The thumb screw on the bottom is for that adjustment only and should not be tightened, but adjusted. The 2 top thumbs screws only need run down flush also. It will make sense once you set it up.

All the tightening torque is going into the lower receiver mount, not much into the buffer tube, thus the jig is very solid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This jig is designed to work with both commerical and mil spec buffer tubes. The support for the buffer tube is adjustable up or down to match buffer tube diameter and tolerance stacking. The thumb screw on the bottom is for that adjustment only and should not be tightened, but adjusted. The 2 top thumbs screws only need run down flush also. It will make sense once you set it up.

All the tightening torque is going into the lower receiver mount, not much into the buffer tube, thus the jig is very solid.
View Quote

Hmm, so I might have to reconsider one of these at some point... I never know when I might run into a commercial buffer tube and I haven't yet (knock on wood), but I never know what someone else might give me to work on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just placed an order. This will be a great addition to my growing tools. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes thats correct, but still worth the extra 9 bucks.
View Quote

Compared to $300?  Indeed it is!
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fantastic. For a home user this is perfect. I paid $46.99 for mine. It'll be here in a couple days.

For what it's worth I have a VSIM sight pusher. It works well on modern sights from Glock, SIG, and Smith & Wesson. It would not budge the rear sight on a old roll mark Colt 1991A1 but my understanding is Colt blues the slide after sight installation. I beat on that sucker and it did not break.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Picked mine up tonight for $32.00 + shipping.

https://www.thecountryshed.com/

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are $42 shipped there, saves you $6.

Mine should be here early next week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Gotta say, he ships fast!  I got mine today but there was one small problem.  No grip screw and Allen wrench, which it states on the box is included.  That's no issue for a climber, (for Christ's sake, who doesn't have a 1/4 x 28 x .75-1.0 inch spare grip screw and a 3/16 Allen wrench) but if it is supposed to be included, it should be included.  I did NOT bring this to the seller's attention because a spare Allen wrench and grip screw out of the spare parts box and the issue was resolved, but just a heads up to any of those where the lack of the wrench and screw could be a problem.  I mean, you'd have to spend a whole buck fifty to buy them in order to use the tool, right?
The tool itself, that thing is a hell of a lot heavier than I thought it would be.  Very solid so I threw a RE on a spare lower I had about.  No problem at all and it worked exactly like it should have worked.  It'll last IMO.  Worth $50?  I think so.  I got along for decades without it but I do see its value and I'll be using it from here on out.  However, this type of tool is not worth $200-$300 bucks that others are charging, no how, no way.  Not in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gotta say, he ships fast!  I got mine today but there was one small problem.  No grip screw and Allen wrench, which it states on the box is included.  That's no issue for a climber, (for Christ's sake, who doesn't have a 1/4 x 28 x .75-1.0 inch spare grip screw and a 3/16 Allen wrench) but if it is supposed to be included, it should be included.  I did NOT bring this to the seller's attention because a spare Allen wrench and grip screw out of the spare parts box and the issue was resolved, but just a heads up to any of those where the lack of the wrench and screw could be a problem.  I mean, you'd have to spend a whole buck fifty to buy them in order to use the tool, right?
The tool itself, that thing is a hell of a lot heavier than I thought it would be.  Very solid so I threw a RE on a spare lower I had about.  No problem at all and it worked exactly like it should have worked.  It'll last IMO.  Worth $50?  I think so.  I got along for decades without it but I do see its value and I'll be using it from here on out.  However, this type of tool is not worth $200-$300 bucks that others are charging, no how, no way.  Not in my opinion.
View Quote

I bought the Vism/ NcStar upper vise block/ jig early last year to work on 9mm AR uppers.  I was not expecting much to be honest but the thing is stout, heavy and built well.  

I’m okay paying $40-$45 for a jig that makes sure my RE’s are straight.  The $200-$300 options seem a little ridiculous for what they are.  I know design, time and all that play into it but it’s still excessive IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Super fast shipping, I will have my second one tomorrow.

Same, no grip screw or allen wrench, I never mentioned that because I didn't care. I have plenty of screws and Allen wrenches.

As for how heavy it was I also was suprised when I first got it out of the mailbox, I "almost" even got out a magnet to check it lol.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I bought the Vism/ NcStar upper vise block/ jig early last year to work on 9mm AR uppers.  I was not expecting much to be honest but the thing is stout, heavy and built well.  

I’m okay paying $40-$45 for a jig that makes sure my RE’s are straight.  The $200-$300 options seem a little ridiculous for what they are.  I know design, time and all that play into it but it’s still excessive IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a similar situation to how it all went with the Windham Weaponry barreling jig. When the WW jig came out it was the only game in town that did what it did for $350... Though it was only a short while later that the 2UniqueLLC barreling spud and then the MI-URR came out for much less and accomplished the same thing.

The problem with this new buffer tube jig is that it's only been known about for a short while and it's basically been so unobtainable the whole time that tools like the NcStar buffer tube jig that do the same thing for way less have stolen it's thunder. So this expensive buffer tube jig is not going to be getting any grace period like the Windham barreling jig got. And still, I'm not really sure that anyone but me owns the Windham barreling jig... That's cool though, I'm a tool collector of sorts anyways and I like having these neat one offs.

I'm still hoping for the best in getting the expensive buffer tube jig because it will complement the Windham jig very nicely.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's similar to the Windham Weaponry barreling jig. Though when WW jig came out it was the only game in town that did what it did for $350... Though it was only a short while later that the 2UniqueLLC barreling spud and then the MI-URR came out for much less and accomplished the same thing.

The problem with this jig new buffer tube jig is that it's only been known about for a short while and it's basically been so unobtainable the whole time that tools like the NcStar that accomplish the same thing for much less and are actually obtainable.

This expensive buffer tube jig is not going to be getting any grace period like the Windham barreling jig got. And still, I'm not really sure that anyone but me owns the Windham barreling jig... That's kinda cool though, I'm a tool collector of sorts anyways... I like having these neat one offs.

I'm still hoping for the best in getting the expensive buffer tube jig because it will complement the Windham Jig very nicely.
View Quote

I pray that works out for you, and have enjoed the back and forth PMs eith you also.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I pray that works out for you, and have enjoed the back and forth PMs eith you also.
View Quote

Hey thanks! I've enjoyed the back and forth in the PMs too. And despite the major delays in getting this jig I'm glad you got me in touch with Rob. I would have been clueless otherwise until just recently when the link to the website was posted.

Just sitting and waiting very patiently here as I have three lowers that I won't be installing the receiver extensions on until this jig shows up!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

My question is why only no name sellers currently have these?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My question is why only no name sellers currently have these?
View Quote

I think these are actually shipping from a neutral warehouse and these vendors are just taking orders.  My order took 3 days to ship from the original person mentioned.  Why on earth would some random no name small supplier have 8-10 of these in stock and someone like Optics Planet has none.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why on earth would some random no name small supplier have 8-10 of these in stock and someone like Optics Planet has none.
View Quote

That is exactly what I was getting at. They aren't even for sale on the NC Star/Vism site yet (the actual manufacturer) but some random dude operating by email only has them

I will be picking one of these up but am going to wait till they show up at a reputable vendor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That is exactly what I was getting at. They aren't even for sale on the NC Star/Vism site yet (the actual manufacturer) but some random dude operating by email only has them

I will be picking one of these up but am going to wait till they show up at a reputable vendor.
View Quote

I contactced NC Star directly, its was they who put me in touch with that random dude operating by email only. It does seem a little odd lol, I think its how the Chi_Coms work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#50]
The website that has them had the pic up a while back just showing out of stock. I search the stock number early in the thread and that was the only place that I could find the jig even listed for sale.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top