Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems there's some confusion on what's what here in the thread.   I'll be doing a DIAS video shortly but the video below should help explain/demonstrate/show the difference between low shelf and full auto cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmr9sQTGvLg
View Quote
Right.

By the way, I reached out to Centurion earlier today to ask when they thought they’d have more in stock. They specifically blamed you for their high volume of sales haha

For anyone that may be wanting one, they are expecting to have more finished within the next week or two and just started taking back orders a couple of hours ago. I went ahead and preordered mine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Delete: double post
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Delton is high shelf, at least my SBR that I bought a couple years ago is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Delton is high shelf, at least my SBR that I bought a couple years ago is.
View Quote
To add to that and the list, the older PSA’s were high shelf. New are low shelf. Anderson is also low shelf.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To add to that and the list, the older PSA’s were high shelf. New are low shelf. Anderson is also low shelf.
View Quote
not all. it varies. My experience is most PSA's are Low shelf.  The PSA lowers made in house are almost all low shelf.  The LW schneider produced ones as well were low shelf.  so safest to say bout them is it varies.

I know of one psa that they produced that is also m16 cut if memory serves me right. it is the one they had FN produce, which had the serial prefix of SC.

oh and speaking of FN.  They are m16 cut as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

not all. it varies. My experience is most PSA's are Low shelf.  The PSA lowers made in house are almost all low shelf.  The LW schneider produced ones as well were low shelf.  so safest to say bout them is it varies.

I know of one psa that they produced that is also m16 cut if memory serves me right. it is the one they had FN produce, which had the serial prefix of SC.

View Quote
That’s what I meant. All current production PSA and even the ones in the last few years have all been low shelf. I have a buddy who has one that was bought several years ago that’s high shelf though, and there are several old threads that discuss them being high shelf.

Edit: never mind. Maybe it’s that their standard PA-15 lowers are all high shelf. Check this out. Current add for the PA15 lower states it’s high shelf.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s what I meant. All current production PSA and even the ones in the last few years have all been low shelf. I have a buddy who has one that was bought several years ago that’s high shelf though, and there are several old threads that discuss them being high shelf.

Edit: never mind. Maybe it’s that their standard PA-15 lowers are all high shelf. Check this out. Current add for the PA15 lower states it’s high shelf.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
View Quote
yeah i know in the past some were.. that is interesting with the current add.. i'll have to talk to josiah about that, as that means i'll have to make some alterations to my definitive lower thread i have in their industry forum
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe the PWS MK1 MOD2 lower meets the definition of the M16 cut.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just in case people want to know, current production ABC lowers are high shelf. They're supposed to have another batch around April that will be full M16 pocket.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Just curious, unless running a RDIAS or RLL or MG, why does anyone care about the shelf cutout?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just curious, unless running a RDIAS or RLL or MG, why does anyone care about the shelf cutout?
View Quote
Same reason I don’t want my car to be limited to 80 miles an hour, even though I don’t plan to break the law any time soon and go over 80. There could be a situation one day that requires me to go over 80. If crap ever hits the fan, and no I don’t fantasize over it, I want to be able to do with my rifle whatever I need to and not be hindered because some company thought they’d make sure I never broke the law by leaving extra material in a lower. All that being said, semi auto is more ideal than FA anyways.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All that being said, semi auto is more ideal than FA anyways.
View Quote
It's ideal to have a functional selector switch.

Attachment Attached File

(PSA M4A1 lower)
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Original couple runs of Serbu lowers were M16 cut. Not sure what they are doing since Mark sold the company.

I have a question; has anyone looked at a Standard Manufacturing lower? Hoping they are M16 cut?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's ideal to have a functional selector switch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13082/PSA_M4A1_jpeg-969132.JPG
(PSA M4A1 lower)
View Quote
I completely agree. I guess that came out wrong lol. The option to switch to FA is better than no option, but accuracy wise, SA is more ideal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my Centurion CM4 by the way. Man it’s nice! Fits ALL of my uppers tighter than any other lower I own. The milling in the trigger housing and magwell isn’t as nice as my BCM’s (which have been the cleanest milled lowers I’ve owned), but that’s being extremely picky. The outside of the receiver is just as nice, if not nicer, than my BCM’s. Got an SOLGW LPK for it, and am extremely impressed with every part in their LPK. Usually a company will go cheap on a few of the parts, whether just the detents and springs, or the disconnector, etc. Every part seems to be quality. I’m going to be grabbing one of their lowers next, even though I’m not a huge fan on the angry pirate or other options.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got my Centurion CM4 by the way. Man it’s nice! Fits ALL of my uppers tighter than any other lower I own. The milling in the trigger housing and magwell isn’t as nice as my BCM’s (which have been the cleanest milled lowers I’ve owned), but that’s being extremely picky. The outside of the receiver is just as nice, if not nicer, than my BCM’s. Got an SOLGW LPK for it, and am extremely impressed with every part in their LPK. Usually a company will go cheap on a few of the parts, whether just the detents and springs, or the disconnector, etc. Every part seems to be quality. I’m going to be grabbing one of their lowers next, even though I’m not a huge fan on the angry pirate or other options.
View Quote
Thinking of getting a cm4 lower now as well. Seems they’ve been sold out for awhile due to this thread
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone help tell me what the differences in the cuts in these lowers do?

Also why do some lowers have a hole drilled above the magazine well in picture 2?  Whats that for?

They are from left to right:  Aero M5, LWRC, DSA (old style), and PSA.

Thanks in advance.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can anyone help tell me what the differences in the cuts in these lowers do?

Also why do some lowers have a hole drilled above the magazine well in picture 2?  Whats that for?

Thanks in advance.

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%201.jpg" target="_blank">https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%201.jpg

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%202.jpg" target="_blank">https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%202.jpg
View Quote

From left to right: high shelf, M16 cut out, almost M16 cut out, and low shelf.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Also why do some lowers have a hole drilled above the magazine well in picture 2?
View Quote

Drain water and crud.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Original couple runs of Serbu lowers were M16 cut. Not sure what they are doing since Mark sold the company.

I have a question; has anyone looked at a Standard Manufacturing lower? Hoping they are M16 cut?
View Quote

I have one of the first run Serbu lowers. It's a low double digit. Will have to look at mine to see if its M16 cut.
I put a folding stock on it in anticipation of the  SU15 upper.
May have to look into an ARAK 21 upper now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Centurion CM4 lowers are back in stock. Just grabbed my 2nd one.

@RotorWash109 if you haven’t grabbed one, now is your chance!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Centurion site showing $32 UPS shipping to Arkansas for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I believe the PWS MK1 MOD2 lower meets the definition of the M16 cut.
View Quote

It is a bit different.  Kind of like a hybrid.  Maybe because they were trying to shave weight?  Left is a pws, right is a SOLGW.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? Enter your home address as the shipping address and mark it residential, and see if it’s cheaper. The email them and let them know which FFL to send it to. Have your FFL send them their license. That’s the way I order. The first time by mistake, but this second time because I was too lazy to change the ship to info lol Corrie emailed me before I had a chance to email him and asked me if I wanted it to go to the same FFL.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know if any of the pistol caliber carbine lowers that take pistol magazines are low shelf or ahem 16 cut?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Really? Enter your home address as the shipping address and mark it residential, and see if it’s cheaper. The email them and let them know which FFL to send it to. Have your FFL send them their license. That’s the way I order. The first time by mistake, but this second time because I was too lazy to change the ship to info lol Corrie emailed me before I had a chance to email him and asked me if I wanted it to go to the same FFL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried that. It’s cheaper to ship to Business but still $19. I emptied my cart and ordered another Geissele from Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tried that. It’s cheaper to ship to Business but still $19. I emptied my cart and ordered another Geissele from Primary Arms.
View Quote

Yeah, you’re right. It was $19 for mine too. I should have just went ahead and grabbed two. Would have been $21. I didn’t realize PA had the Geissele receivers in stock. Looks like they are OOS again though. I’ve been thinking about getting one, but man, the “Super Duty” stamp annoys the hell out of me lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if any of the pistol caliber carbine lowers that take pistol magazines are low shelf or ahem 16 cut?

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

I don’t know of any that are cut for an auto sear. There are plenty that are low shelf though. The CMMG Banshee is one of them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correction regarding FN lowers.

Two commercial FN lowers i have are NOT m16 cut.  they are low shelf.  So I'd have to say regarding FN herstal lowers as well is that it varies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Black Creek Precision is another. Their dimensions are slight different, but it would still work just fine with a sear.

@elokoman They also have pistol calibers with same spec.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right it varies - I checked two LW prefix lowers I have and both are high shelf, RDIAS won't work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're right it varies - I checked two LW prefix lowers I have and both are high shelf, RDIAS won't work.
View Quote

I’m pretty certain anything older than around 2 years is high shelf. I remember them all being high shelf. I’m pretty sure anything new is low shelf.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Black Creek Precision is another. Their dimensions are slight different, but it would still work just fine with a sear.

https://i.imgur.com/4NKdT23.jpg
View Quote

Thanks!

My friend will appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Matrix Arms - low shelf, gtg for sear

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’m pretty certain anything older than around 2 years is high shelf. I remember them all being high shelf. I’m pretty sure anything new is low shelf.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would concur since my two examples are more than 2 years old.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Matrix Arms - low shelf, gtg for sear

https://i.imgur.com/BAfdZrl.jpg
View Quote

Well sh**, guess I’ll have to grab one of those too. They are reasonably priced and I actually like their logo for whatever reason.

The Modern Armory MA M4 and Standard Mfg receivers are too. Just stumbled across them.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#37]
@chunkyhenry

Add Matrix Arms, Black Creek Precision, Standard Mfg, and Modern Armory to the list for M16 cut. Let’s keep the list going!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@chunkyhenry

Add Matrix Arms, Black Creek Precision, Standard Mfg, and Modern Armory to the list for M16 cut. Let’s keep the list going!
View Quote

disregard
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Matrix Arms on Brownells for $56.99. It has the second useless hole in the front trigger guard like the ABC lowers, probably machined by the same company. I bought one, should be at my FFL Thursday, will follow up.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s a great price. I’d be interested in how they compare to something like a PSA in the same price range.

More M16 cut: Sionics and San Tan Tactical. I’m starting a list on the Files. Just keep finding more and more M16 cut :)
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, that’s a great price. I’d be interested in how they compare to something like a PSA in the same price range.

More M16 cut: Sionics and San Tan Tactical. I’m starting a list on the Files. Just keep finding more and more M16 cut :)
View Quote

I would like to know the story behind this San Tan rx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVW7tPYgQ8w

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would like to know the story behind this San Tan rx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVW7tPYgQ8w

View Quote

He said it was proof that it was garbage. All I saw was a receiver that he had cut up.lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He said it was proof that it was garbage. All I saw was a receiver that he had cut up.lol
View Quote

WHY????
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

WHY????
View Quote

No idea. He turned his comments off on that particular video. I asked on another video of his. We will see if I get a response or not.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's the embedded video:
SanTan Tactical Lower Receiver = Garbage
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By iflyaaord:
Can anyone help tell me what the differences in the cuts in these lowers do?

Also why do some lowers have a hole drilled above the magazine well in picture 2?  Whats that for?

They are from left to right:  Aero M5, LWRC, DSA (old style), and PSA.

Thanks in advance.

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%201.jpg" target="_blank">https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%201.jpg

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%202.jpg" target="_blank">https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/iflyaaord/Misc/Lowers%202.jpg
View Quote

Does LWRC offer m16 cut lowers? The ones I have seen so far are all AR-15 styles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/4NKdT23.jpg
View Quote

Quoted:

Thanks!

My friend will appreciate the info.
View Quote

I had to get 2 BCP lowers milled more for a LL.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

I had to get 2 BCP lowers milled more for a LL.  
View Quote

@Steamedliver

That’s odd. This BCP that I just received is definitely low shelf and has plenty of room for a LL/RDIAS, and also for a sear arm and spring. Was it an upper that you had previously used on any other lowers? Could have been an out of spec lug. They may have also change the cutting dimension at some point.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Double post
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know where an m16 cut lower is in stock?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#50]
out
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top