BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's more than I got.  I'll be pissed if some get the AJ credit and I got denied.
View Quote
Mines getting returned on their dime if they don't honor it.  I have a "click through" recorded on their website.

Bullshit
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Mines getting returned on their dime if they don't honor it.  I have a "click through" recorded on their website.

Bullshit
View Quote
Lol. Go for it. Good luck finding another new MRP upper for that price even without active junky.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if they come with the new lmt torque wrench?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lol. Go for it. Good luck finding another new MRP upper for that price even without active junky.
View Quote
You're right, but there are fantastic deals popping up on all kinds of stuff.  I don't appreciate the bait and switch from them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Wasn't in the market for one of these, was something I wanted to get "eventually". But I broke down and got one of the 16 inchers even though I'm in the middle of a couple other projects

Feels good man
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're right, but there are fantastic deals popping up on all kinds of stuff.  I don't appreciate the bait and switch from them.
View Quote
It isn’t really a bait and switch. Not many people even use Active Junky.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Talked myself into the nz upper I’m a sucker for mil clones and couldn’t pass up the price on this. I used AJ for the first time and it says cash back pending or something. I won’t hold my breath on getting any extra though. What other clone correct parts do I need for this? Anyone have a link to a nz build page?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Talked myself into the nz upper I’m a sucker for mil clones and couldn’t pass up the price on this. I used AJ for the first time and it says cash back pending or something. I won’t hold my breath on getting any extra though. What other clone correct parts do I need for this? Anyone have a link to a nz build page?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/MRP-Badness-chapter-3/12-509835/?page=55

Seems like @GaTacoma knows what goes into the NZ rifles. From what I can tell you need a MARS lower, LMT standard BCG, LMT ambi CH, Warcomp, metric BUIS, ACOG w/ RMR (but you can’t buy the model the Kiwis use) in a Larue mount and a folding VFG and flashlight.

Here are some ref pics I’ve been collecting:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Im looking for a 10.5" mrp barrel and torque wrench if anyone wants to sell
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the detailed answer. Much appreciated.

Would you recommend getting a LMT BCG to run with it?

Also any reason not to use this on a colt M4 lower?

How does it run suppressed?
View Quote
You might as well get an LMT BCG , but a true milspec BCG will be good to go
No issues at all on Colt lowers that I have encountered -either select fire or recent 6920/M4 carbine marked lowers
I’ve never had issues with Surefire suppressors
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm surprised Brownells specs doesn't mention but the barrels on these are cold hammer forged and cryo treated. The profile is a little heavier than I would prefer but they are extremely high quality barrels. $629 shipped is really an outstanding deal for what you're getting.
View Quote
LMT does not offer CHF barrels
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know what Bayonet the New Zealand Armed Forces issues?  I just purchased one of the NZ uppers.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, the Wikipedia entry for the M9 bayonet lists New Zealand as one of its users. I also found an old USMC article from 2011 about multinational training that showed a Kiwi with what looked like an M7 on his rifle (SA80?). I couldn’t find any recent photos, so hopefully someone else here knows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Great price on the MRP uppers, thanks to the OP for posting. I am fighting the urge to buy a NZ upper. Really neat configuration.

On a side note, I feel like Rip Van Winkle waking up, wondering what the actual F$&K is Active Junky and why so many grown men on this site have their panties in a wad over saving an additional 8% on top of something that’s already a smoking deal. $699 is a great deal on these. Using the additional Brownell’s savings code makes for an even better deal. Signing up for some oddball service that feels like it should the subject of a late night infomercial, no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Surprisingly it didn’t ship with any torque wrench or the Torx bit necessary to change the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks seamasterpro that's exactly where i was headed with my purchase of this upper... now to lay in wait for the complete lower to go on sale... hoping for a production overun....
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I was expecting the wrench, but since it didn’t arrive I ordered one from brownells for $59.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Surprisingly it didn’t ship with any torque wrench or the Torx bit necessary to change the barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The description on Brownell's site states that it doesn't include the "User Kit" (torque wrench/rail panels).
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the brownells site working for any of you guys? All day yesterday it was down and it's still down. Had other people try to with same result, called brownells and they tell me its on my end.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
thanks seamasterpro that's exactly where i was headed with my purchase of this upper... now to lay in wait for the complete lower to go on sale... hoping for a production overun....
View Quote
I wouldn't hold your breath, other than some holiday sale deals at some vendors you won't see sales on LMT lowers. They won't even sell them directly to the public, only dealers. The only reason they blew out these uppers to Brownells and are also doing the barrel sale on their website for $100-$200 off a bunch of the barrels is to reduce inventory so they don't have to move it to their new facility.

These are a hell of a bargain. As soon as Brownells gets their site working I'm ordering a 10.5" for a pistol build and having my dealer order me a MARS stripped lower and all of the lower parts to put together a full LMT pistol.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wouldn't hold your breath, other than some holiday sale deals at some vendors you won't see sales on LMT lowers. They won't even sell them directly to the public, only dealers. The only reason they blew out these uppers to Brownells and are also doing the barrel sale on their website for $100-$200 off a bunch of the barrels is to reduce inventory so they don't have to move it to their new facility.

These are a hell of a bargain. As soon as Brownells gets their site working I'm ordering a 10.5" for a pistol build and having my dealer order me a MARS stripped lower and all of the lower parts to put together a full LMT pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best price on the Mars lowers I'm aware of:
https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/m7sl-mars-l-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver/
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/m7sl-mars-l-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver/
View Quote
My local dealer was able to order one for me from LMT for slightly less right now due to their 20% off for Labor Day. That sale ends today though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmmm...I see the 11.5" 5.56 barrel and 10.5" 300 blackout barrel are both on sale right now...$100 off.  I feel like I need some more barrels to take advantage of the quick change feature of this upper.  I'm assuming I can use one of these short barrels with this upper and not have any fitment issuers with the gas block and rail/hand guard?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is a good deal, but my dealer orders me stuff for cost so I get them for a little better than that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hmmm...I see the 11.5" 5.56 barrel and 10.5" 300 blackout barrel are both on sale right now...$100 off.  I feel like I need some more barrels to take advantage of the quick change feature of this upper.  I'm assuming I can use one of these short barrels with this upper and not have any fitment issuers with the gas block and rail/hand guard?
View Quote
That's correct, the shorter gas systems slide right up into the rail with proper clearance on all three forend styles.

Right now is definitely the time to buy barrels too. The chrome lined barrels that are on sale for $359 are the same ones that typically bring $325-$350 shipped on the used market so if you buy and end up not wanting it you won't lose much. They also have some SS barrels on sale that are $200 off.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is looking for a complete lower, this was the best price I found: https://www.fortbradley.com/LMT-MARS-L-Sopmod-Ambi-Lower-Half-p/lmtlowermars-ls.htm
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I got mine today and mated it with a Spikes lower, fit between them is extremely tight. I had to use a rubber mallet on the rear takedown pin. The handguard on the MRP is actually slimmer than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got mine today and mated it with a Spikes lower, fit between them is extremely tight. I had to use a rubber mallet on the rear takedown pin. The handguard on the MRP is actually slimmer than I was expecting.
View Quote
There are a couple pads on the bottom edge of the MRP towards the front of the lower receiver area that make it fit tight on most lowers.  I find that squeezing the upper and lower together while pushing the takedown pin through makes it a lot easier...if you haven't tried that, you should find that a mallet isn't needed.  This is based on my experience, and I will add that I have had one particular receiver that was notably tighter than any other so...YMMV.

Yeah, the MRP quad rail profile is one of the best.  The only thing I've ever seen that matches it is Larue's quad rail handguards.  The MRP is about 2" wide, and the bottom rail is tucked up pretty tight so it feels pretty slim for a quad pic rail.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got my NZ MRP today (2-day shipping took about 4 days). Wow, is it ever a tight fit on my circa-2007 LMT lower. I’ve never seen an upper this tight. The rear pin goes in fine, but I had to use a rubber mallet to knock the front pin in, and then I used my Schuster takedown pin pusher (with the mallet) for the first time ever to get it apart. One of those tools that I bought back in the day that was totally unnecessary - until today. The upper is beautiful, and the side-mounted bayonet lug is an interesting feature. Can’t wait to test it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just got my NZ MRP today (2-day shipping took about 4 days). Wow, is it ever a tight fit on my circa-2007 LMT lower. I’ve never seen an upper this tight. The rear pin goes in fine, but I had to use a rubber mallet to knock the front pin in, and then I used my Schuster takedown pin pusher (with the mallet) for the first time ever to get it apart. One of those tools that I bought back in the day that was totally unnecessary - until today. The upper is beautiful, and the side-mounted bayonet lug is an interesting feature. Can’t wait to test it.
View Quote
The front pin on the one I just got is extremely tight as well
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The front pin on the one I just got is extremely tight as well
View Quote
Same for me when I fit it on my Spikes lower, my MARS lower should be here tomorrow so we’ll see how it fits that
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#34]
The 1913 (cheese grader) lmt rails are way slimmer than they appear in pictures on the 556 versions.  Hence you won’t see pictures of silencers fitting underneath them.  I have always used the ergo ladder covers or the magpul brand version of the ergo.  I find the LMT covers to thick but that is really a personal preference.  The biggest advantage other than the quality is less parts in the complete upper receiver and a really tight lock up to the lmt brand lower receivers.  The barrel change feature is cool Just remember if you shoot reloads you void your lifetime warranty and because most of the barrels another than 556 are not the most economical calibers to shoot.  I pretty much leave my lmt mrp/cqb/mws set ups alone and they just run.  This deal has me all kinds of messed up cause I just want one more.  So I am planning on a LMT range day soon to remind myself an extra upper won’t add anything other than a fascination with the product.  I have watched for LMT deals for years and this is by far the best I have ever seen though on a barreled upper!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got mine together, it’s just over 8lbs as it sits in this pic, but the balance is excellent. I’ll be taking it out Sunday to put some rounds through it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Finally got mine together, it’s just over 8lbs as it sits in this pic, but the balance is excellent. I’ll be taking it out Sunday to put some rounds through it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91189/8B86DC41-69CD-4869-B5DD-BEA08B5110C7-669684.JPG
View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Can someone measure the width of the part of the upper that the front takedown pin goes through? Mine is only about .475-.480" wide and slides side to side in a psa lower. I think the width of the part should be close to .500" to be snug. My upper must be out of spec. Got it from brownells for this sale.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can someone measure the width of the part of the upper that the front takedown pin goes through? Mine is only about .475-.480" wide and slides side to side in a psa lower. I think the width of the part should be close to .500" to be snug. My upper must be out of spec. Got it from brownells for this sale.
View Quote
So you think the LMT upper is out of spec and not the lower? PSA isn’t exactly the pinnacle of quality control, quite the opposite actually. I’ve got a lot of LMT stuff and I’ve never had anything give a sloppy fit, it’s usually very tight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Not a complete upper. Hard pass at that price. LMT has ignored the civilian market for way too long.

ETA, didn't see it was an MRP upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I measured a few of my MRP uppers and they all were 0.495" to 0.496".  I think the spec is 0.496" but I'm not sure what the tolerance is.  It does seem like yours is likely out of spec, but if you contact LMT I'm sure they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#41]
This in interesting - the NZ MRP bayonet lug is about an inch closer to the muzzle than a standard U.S. lug (shown in comparison to a 16" mid-length below). That must mean that the NZ lug is designed for a different type of bayonet than the usual M7 / M9. I don’t think it’s because of the flash suppressor they’re using, but I guess that’s possible. I can't find my M7 at the moment (still unpacking from a move). Can anyone else who bought the NZ MRP test how the mounting ring on a U.S. bayonet lines up? It looks like it may be over the flash suppressor, which wouldn't be great. Not like I plan on using the bayonet a lot, but it might be interesting to find out which one the Kiwis use.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This in interesting - the NZ MRP bayonet lug is about an inch closer to the muzzle than a standard U.S. lug (shown in comparison to a 16" mid-length below). That must mean that the NZ lug is designed for a different type of bayonet than the usual M7 / M9. I don’t think it’s because of the flash suppressor they’re using, but I guess that’s possible. I can't find my M7 at the moment (still unpacking from a move). Can anyone else who bought the NZ MRP test how the mounting ring on a U.S. bayonet lines up? It looks like it may be over the flash suppressor, which wouldn't be great. Not like I plan on using the bayonet a lot, but it might be interesting to find out which one the Kiwis use.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/MRP_bayonet_lug-670610.JPG
View Quote
It appears that the bayonet is meant to seat on the Warcomp on the smaller diameter ahead of the ports. I measure 1.865” on my 6921 and the smaller diameter of the Warcomp, 1.903” on the section with the ports.

I thought I read somewhere that the Kiwis use the M7 bayonet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Great info and photo, thanks! I’m not sure I want to bother changing the flash suppressor out, but I may consider it down the road.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I said something earlier in the thread about how I had found a photo from around 2010 of an NZ soldier with an M7 bayonet, but that was well before the LMT rifles were fielded.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like NDV no longer works? Any other coupon codes out there for a discount?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91189/8B86DC41-69CD-4869-B5DD-BEA08B5110C7-669684.JPG
View Quote
How did it fit on the LMT lower?  I've tried mine on several lowers, and the fit is good, but it just seems like the takedown pin holes are too small. Maybe I should order some LMT pins?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How did it fit on the LMT lower?  I've tried mine on several lowers, and the fit is good, but it just seems like the takedown pin holes are too small. Maybe I should order some LMT pins?
View Quote
It fits perfect, the front pin goes in and out without binding like it did on my other lowers but is still tight with almost no wiggle, the rear goes through the same. The fit is so good that I don’t need a accuwedge (which all my other guns have)
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I put my upper on an SR-15 lower and the pins were very tight.  I was generous with the ALG go juice and that really helped.  This set up is rock solid.  I'm absolutely in love.  This is 7 lbs 15 oz.  Proven Arms and Outfitters was doing 20% off for Labor Day, so I was able to pick up a standard LMT FA BCG for a great price.

That is some bad news on the bayonet.  I guess I'll have to buy the warcomp.  I'm in the middle of a move as well, and my bayonets are in a storage unit.  

In the past few weeks I went from zero to three LMT CQB MRP uppers.  I purchased two chassis off the EE for cheap, and then couldn't resist the NZ upper sale.  The others will be going on SBR lowers.  I have a 10.5 5.56 barrel, just need to decide what do to with the other.

I'm totally sold on these LMTs.  One side benefit from being a fan boy is it that it has really narrowed my EE shopping and I'm much less tempted to buy every good deal that comes along.  These NZ uppers are so sweet, and the deal is so good that I'm really tempted to buy another just to put into deep storage.  I already have a Colt M4 lower that I got when Brownells was blowing those out last year for cheap.

Still some things to work on before I can claim clone status.

Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#48]
looks like today its $629.99 w/ the code 'VA9'
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
looks like today its $629.99 w/ the code 'VA9'
View Quote
Stop tempting me
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Couldn't resist. I fo'd. First LMT product, I'm looking forward to getting a MARS lower for this upper.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top