Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 11:04:50 AM EDT
Currently gathering parts for a PDW build. I am considering two barrels for this build. The 11.5" Faxon Gunner and the BA 11.5" Modern Series. I was contemplating 10.5" but I understand that the 11.5" would be more reliable than 10.5". The main difference I see between these two 11.5" barrels is the gas system. Faxon is midlength and BA is carbine. Should this be a serious consideration? I don't plan on using a suppressor but you never know what the future may hold. I would likely use an adjustable gas block, but I wondering if either of these barrels would be more reliable than the other due to the gas system?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
11.5" pencil barrel.  Bonus points awarded for a pinned Ti low profile gas block, i.e. V7
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
11.5" pencil barrel.  Bonus points awarded for a pinned Ti low profile gas block, i.e. V7
View Quote
I don't believe either offer an 11.5" pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
BA makes a 11.3 Hanson profile with a pinned gas block that is similar to a pencil profile.

I have no experience with the Faxon 11.5 Gunner but it seems like it would be finicky with ammo because of the gas system.  I have a BA 11.5 standard barrel and have put all kinds of ammo through it with no issues.  I have quite a few barrels from both manufactures and they both make great barrels and I've never had issues with either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Right. I have a couple of Faxon barrels and both have been great. Never owned a ballistic advantage barrel. Until now. Ordered the Modern Series 11.5" from Tom's Tactical for $99 shipped. Seemed like a great deal. I looked at the 11.3" Hanson but the differences between the two weren't enough to sway me toward it for the price difference.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BA lightweight 11.3" with pinned gas block
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If you get a BA, get one of the performance series that already includes the pinned gas block.

I have some of both and the nicer ones are much, much nicer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top