Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2017 11:46:25 PM EDT
Anyone here run a Wilson Combat Barrel? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one but wanted to see what kind of experience y'all have had with them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting buddy and I both have Wilson Combat 18" match barrels with the .223 Wylde chamber. Both are easily sub-MOA with several reloads. Bores are well finished and clean very easily. I have several rifles with custom barrels, Shilen, Krieger, PacNor, etc. and the Wilson Combat barrels are comparable. Vic
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont *think* WC produces their own barrels, so you may be paying a premium for the name.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting buddy and I both have Wilson Combat 18" match barrels with the .223 Wylde chamber. Both are easily sub-MOA with several reloads. Bores are well finished and clean very easily. I have several rifles with custom barrels, Shilen, Krieger, PacNor, etc. and the Wilson Combat barrels are comparable. Vic
View Quote
Thanks brotha! Do you have a mid or rifle length gas system?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dont *think* WC produces their own barrels, so you may be paying a premium for the name.
View Quote
So who produces them or what is a good brand that resembles them?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Son in Law bought a Wilson Combat 16” SS 300 Blackout barrel on clearence.  Great looking barrel but my SinL built the rifle and has never shot it.  I even bought him ammo.  He and the Daughter decided to have three boys in the mean time and is one of those never got around to it.   I even offered to test it for him.  Not every Father in Law would do that.  lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
GtG..I purchased a 16" SS lite tactical in 6.8, and a 16" SS fluted in 300BLK.  MOA accuracy using good ammo, fit and finish is top notch.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So who produces them or what is a good brand that resembles them?
View Quote
Could be produced by Wilson Arms, who also produces barrels for other vendors such as Rock River. The profiles/specs on WC's site do resemble some of Wilson Arms offerings. The Wilson Arms site refers you to JSE Surplus.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my 5.56 16" 1/8 Recce. If I didn't suck at shooting it would've sub-MOA. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, after much debate I pulled the trigger on a 18" fluted urban super sniper with the mid length gas system. I was thinking about grabbing a upper and lower. It I think I'll stick to an aero one. Gotta get some glass now, get it together and see how it shoots. Thanks for all talks I put! I'm gonna run it next to my Noveske medium varmint rifle and see how it does!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm very happy with the 16" and 18" I have.

I bought them before LaRue was at the price they are now.  I would buy LaRue now, unless I wanted an 18" rifle length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top