Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2017 9:50:23 PM EDT
I recently acquired this barrel and need some help identifying it. It is 14.5" and looks like a lightweight profile with a .625 gas journal. Gas port measures at .080. No barrel markings, or identification. Anybody have any ideas as to what company produced this barrel? Thanks!!

Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Ramps look very M4.

Chrome lined??
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ramps look very M4.

Chrome lined??
View Quote
Yup M4 feed ramps.

I am not sure if it is chrome lined. How does one tell?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody have any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost like like RRA logo that stamped light on the right side.

W for wylde?

If it were a RRA I would expect to see more info on the barrel though
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look at Industry section here on ARF.com go to the RRA section.  They have a list on how they marked their barrels.   Steve might be able to tell from the picture if it was a RRA barrel.   I don’t think RRA sold many 14.5” barrels in the commercial market and no chrome moly with a Wildy chamber to my knowledge.   The W would indicate Wylde chamber in RRA nomeclature.  The logo kind of looks like a RRA logo but never seen it stamped that way on a barrel.   Not sure if this could have been a government contract barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/RRA-barrel-code-list-/38-149779/
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to contact RRA and see if they have any info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Confirmed with RRA that it is not one of their barrels.

I did get a tip through IM that it was more then likely manufactured by Wilson Arms. For whom?? Not sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top