Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 8:33:49 PM EDT
Good evening everyone

Currently my AR has the DD RIS II FDE FSP and was planning on changing over to an M-LOK handguard. I cannot decide between DD's M-LOK, the new TROY SOCC Battlerail and the Geiselle MK14. I was hoping maybe you all could help nudge me in one direction or another. Too many options out there haha. Thanks in advance everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe look at SLR's offerings? I'm very pleased with my Ion Lite.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
BCM is coming out with their MLOK KMR called the MCMR hand guard
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This, or the DD offering. I do not trust any other method of attaching a free float rail to an upper.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just got my 10" BCM MLOK

BCM has 13" and 15" in stock and a few shorter lengths as well
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
SLR’s or the Mk14 (I have both) 11/10 would but again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Out of all the handguards I have installed at the shop the Geissele by far has the best mounting design. Nice tight tolerances on the barrel nut and it also has a longer barrel nut than anything Daniel Defense or BCM. I have installed several of each and the geissele fit and finish is a step above in my opinion. Also if you have them installed all side by side and start pushing around on them the geissele will flex the least, Very SOLID. (I've Tried it)
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Geissele SMRs and the Hodge/Mega (now Zev) wedgelock hanguards are the strongest and most rigid handguards.

The Mk4/8 and earlier rails and the wedgelocks are the only ones made with 7075 AFAIK.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Aero also has their new Atlas out, haven't had hands on one personally but weight+price+lockup seem to be good
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This, or the DD offering. I do not trust any other method of attaching a free float rail to an upper.
View Quote
The Fortis REV II attachment is solid. As is AP's M4E1/BAR compatible rails.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the Mega Arms/ Hodge Defense Wedge lock rails. Even FN adopted them in their new line of AR15's.

Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Look at MI gen 3 hand guards, they are my go too!
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Seekins Precision has some very nice, solid M-Lok handguards.  I have only used them with their uppers that are designed specifically for their handguards, but the handguards come with the mounting system for a non-Seekins upper and it's very nicely machined and would provide a very solid mount.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Look at MI gen 3 hand guards, they are my go too!
View Quote
Yes, these are very solid, and they are not gonna come off with that new locking feature.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, these are very solid, and they are not gonna come off with that new locking feature.
View Quote
can you please explain that new feature to
me ?

i've never had trouble with my older MI, but i can imagine it moving forward if it got loose

how does the new design prevent that ?

Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like my ALG's.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish that Centurion would sell the "Trooper ML13OEM" handguard. But if I were to buy one right now it would be the Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14 M-LOK.

Geissele MK14
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
The STNGR Handguards are looking really nice. Anti Rotation, and a clamp on system that uses a locking plate. No indexing required and they go for about $100.

If I didn't need the ALG EMRV2 because of my pinned geissele super gas block, I would of chose that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wish that Centurion would sell the "Trooper ML13OEM" handguard. But if I were to buy one right now it would be the Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14 M-LOK.

Geissele MK14
View Quote
They sell a little nicer version afaik... the cmr mlok. I think the difference is qd holes?  It's my favorite handguard tbh

I only get cmr, geissele or alg these days, but there are a few other great ones.  Cmr is just soooo comfy. G is strongerest.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They sell a little nicer version afaik... the cmr mlok. I think the difference is qd holes?  It's my favorite handguard tbh

I only get cmr, geissele or alg these days, but there are a few other great ones.  Cmr is just soooo comfy. G is strongerest.
View Quote
Isn't the CMR a little bigger diameter? I really like the size of the ML13OEM, it is very much like my KMR.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I know they don't have the "name," but I have been using UTG Slim M-LOK.  It IS very firm and stable.  No flex either on bags. solid barricade, or hand held.

It comes with their barrel nut, attachment collar AND the wrench--unlike ALG.  It uses two screws each at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.  To me that's much more solid than something that only clamps at the bottom.
It was an absolutely perfect fit with the Spike's upper without putting a picatinny device in to cinch them together.  It comes with a 3-slot picatinny section, a QD connector you can mount where you want, and 1.25" QD sling device.  

Don't confuse this with their M4/AR15 PRO series.  A little cheaper because they don't have to do keymod or M-LOK cuts.  Rounded except for the top rail section.  It DOES need their proprietary stuff around the sides, but they give you three picatinny sections initially.

BTW- If you are military, veteran or LE, they give you 25% off for a direct order over $50--and free shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top