Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 2:31:38 PM EDT
I have a Miculek comp on my AR and it's decidedly unfriendly to anyone to the side of me at the range.  Will be doing an Appleseed KD and I don't want give the guys next to me a bad day with a loud side blasting muzzle device.  Looking for a compensator to keep the muzzle flip down without the side blast of a full on brake.  A2 bid cage is always an option but wouldn't mind something with a little better recoil mitigation.  Any muzzle device advice?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There quite a few companies selling blast diffusers/deflectors for their muzzle brakes nowadays if you absolutely must have muzzle brake.

I'm not aware of one that will work with your miculek brake.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly the BCM mod 0 comp works great. Minimal side blast but keeps the recoil down too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a Miculek comp on my AR and it's decidedly unfriendly to anyone to the side of me at the range.  Will be doing an Appleseed KD and I don't want give the guys next to me a bad day with a loud side blasting muzzle device.  Looking for a compensator to keep the muzzle flip down without the side blast of a full on brake.  A2 bid cage is always an option but wouldn't mind something with a little better recoil mitigation.  Any muzzle device advice?
View Quote
Lantac Dragon w/BMD or the Ferfrans CRD. You can switch between a full brake or a diffuser at anytime. 

Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything brake or comp that cuts recoil is going to annoy your neighbor. Anything that cuts that blast down of a comp or brake is going to increase recoil. The only option to reduce recoil and cut blast is a suppressor. A blast shield adds back recoil. It's just physics.

The A2 has very poor brake and compensation effects. It is a very good flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, the A2 is a good flash suppressor for its cost, and its compensator performance is almost impossible to notice, though it is there.  But I like the A2, it's short, relatively light, and does everything well enough.  I created 6315 as a "super A2" with better compensator performance, the classic aesthetics of the A2, and ports inspired by the Stoner 63 LMG.

It has A2 TDP dimensions and Stoner LMG 63 based ports.  The ports are asymmetrical, its 3 and 9 o'clock port are shorter and smaller than the 3 upward facing ports to direct more gas upward than sideways.  Flash suppression performance is on par with that of an A2, but muzzle rise compensation is between 20 to 25% better than the A2.  

While one may say 20 to 25% better comp performance isn't much, and indeed it's not, compared to a true compensator without consideration for flash suppression, 6315 isn't a pure comp, it is able to obtain compensator improvement without incurring these penalties.

The effect of 6315 can best be seen in burst or rapid fire.
A2 and 6315 split screen 1 muted

Mods, if this is inappropriate I will remove the post
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Surefire sfmb or warcomp and get the blast diffuser also.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
if your ar15 has that much recoil, you might need a heavier buffer. seriously.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The Griffin Tapered Flash Comp I have seems to hit most of your points, concussion not bad at all and the barrel stays on target while reducing recoil a bit.  While it doesn't perform as well many brakes it doesn't send the shockwave to your neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Puff the magic dragon muzzle brake is the only logical choice
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm installing VG6 Epsilon on my 16" Faxon Flame Fluted barrel this weekend.  They also offer a cage for the device if its more outspoken, for your neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Just get a flash hider with open top and sides, but a closed bottom.  The top ports will push the barrel down.

YHM's Phantom 5C1 or 5C2 come to mind.  Only modest muzzle rise mitigation, but noticeable.  Friendly for range neighbors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top