Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 4:10:09 PM EDT
I bought an UBR off the EE. Didn't notice at the time that it was a Gen 2. I had a Gen 1 on one of my long range rigs that I swapped for a PRS. I had thought about using it on my carbine,  but didn't want to have a color swap. So now I decided I'd change the STR I currently have on it.  On looking into the Gen 2 changes I'm questioning my purchase.  Guess I'll have to wait and see when it arrives on Monday whether it's kept or relisted immediately...

Anyone have both that can offer some info,  observation and preferences?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you liked the Gen 1 what wouldn’t you like about the Gen 2?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have the original gen.1 so I can't say one is better than the other or not.
I can tell by looking at the gen.2 that I like the look of the original gen.1 better. I'm sure I would be happy with either though.

The gen.2's cost less so I would guess it is not as much of an improvement as a lesser priced alternative.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Gen 1 is heavier. I didn't mind the extra weight.  

Design has changed,  I don't really care about A5 buffer systems and will probably never switch to one.  

The extra sling attachment points are nice possibly, but I doubt I'll use them.

The Gen 2 loses the changeable strike plate.

Those are a few changes that make the Gen 2 different,  the weight probably being the primary.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
HighpowerRifleBrony, thanks for the link.  

States some of the same things I waa thinking.  Guess I may be doing another listing soon.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
PM me details and what you were thinking of asking for it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both (one Gen 1 and two Gen 2s).  I like the fact that the Generation 2 is lighter, and I like the option to run an A5 buffer system.  The fact that the tube is A5-length makes it less idiot proof--you could mess your lower up if you use a carbine length buffer and spring without the spacer.  You can also use the metal strike plate or the AccuShot Strile Plate Rail (below) for the Gen 1, but they won't work on the Gen 2.  Overall, I like the Gen 2 better.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Received the Gen 2 today. It's nice, but I would prefer a Gen 1 or rethinking what to use.

Guess this will never see a mount and be listed shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top