Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2017 6:18:01 PM EDT
I really like simply shaving down front sights to make low pro gas blocks, cheap AND I know it's as secure an installation as possible. It works. I just ordered a couple of ALG 10" V3's from Brownells. While waiting for them to get here I would like to cut down my sight towers....If that won't work, then I will use them on different rifles than I had originally planned, not a big deal.

Anyone know if this setup will work?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
A shaved A2 will work on any rail available.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it will.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I did this with a Troy Alpha rail. Allowed me to mount the rail to an upper without removing or dissembling anything, as the troy rail uses the factory barrel nut.  It took a few passes to fit, but works perfectly. I also prefer this on a pinned barrel, to keep the pinned gas block. Very secure, inexpensive, and guaranteed to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top