Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2017 11:57:14 PM EDT
I have a rifle that I am almost done with last step is to put on the geissele free float rail I was wondering what is a good way to line up the rail and the receiver can I use my aimpoint t1 mount or magpul pro rear sight? I have been told to use a one piece scope mount meant for a long scope however the only ones I have are the 2 piece ones and I do not want to spend 70 dollars on a new mount. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The human eye is a remarkable organ.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Upside down on a flat surface
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Detachable Cary handle also works.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
All great suggestions of using visual alignment, carry handle.

If you ever think you're going to build another one, I recommend picking up the YHM picatinny vise attachment.  It is very good for these purposes and about $70.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Upside down on a flat surface works well.  If you want to be more exact and hold the pieces together while tightening everything, look for a cheap 1/2" high 4" long Picatinny riser.  Lots of companies make them.  Chinese is good enough for this limited purpose - should be under $20.  Bridge the riser between the rail and the upper, bolt everything together and then remove the riser.  Save it for next time.  There will always be a next time, even if you don't get a carry handle or a one piece mount.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All great suggestions of using visual alignment, carry handle.

If you ever think you're going to build another one, I recommend picking up the YHM picatinny vise attachment.  It is very good for these purposes and about $70.
View Quote
While I agree about the YHM, a carry handle can be picked up for 50$ plus or minus 10 on the EE. Carry  handles do a good enough job, and can be used as a Iron sight
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Eyeball is always best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top